PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex WTF?

gatorade
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
So I bought an item recently from the states and now its shipping but why the fuck would they ship it to calgary then send it to Winnipeg, I don't get why anybody ships anything either than Canada Post, I get everything shipped that way when I have the option and I never have got a lost package.

Dec 20, 2007 10:50 AM
In transit
WINNIPEG, MB
Dec 19, 2007 3:56 PM
At dest sort facility
CALGARY, AB
4:28 PM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
3:24 AM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN
3:16 AM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
1:34 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
1:11 AM
Departed FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ
Dec 18, 2007 10:39 PM
Left origin
EAST HANOVER, NJ
10:36 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ
7:25 PM
Picked up
EAST HANOVER, NJ
5:55 PM
Package data transmitted to FedEx

dino_martini
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I've had no troubles with Fedex, my package got here in 4 days from New Jersey...Canada Post is slow.

Supa Dexta
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
I've been having a bunch of stuff coming lately using both UPS and fedex, it goes back and forth to the states several times, and still makes it here in a couple days.. ha

88CRX
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm currently being fisted by USPS (stuck in customs) and Fastfrate (sitting on a broken down train in Winnipeg) however a UPS order was sent weeks after both of those and its going to be the first one here :banghead:

Bad time of the year to be shipping shit.

aypi
12-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
I'm currently being fisted by USPS (stuck in customs) and Fastfrate (sitting on a broken down train in Winnipeg) however a UPS order was sent weeks after both of those and its going to be the first one here :banghead:

Bad time of the year to be shipping shit.

:werd:

i've been waiting for my package too shipped by USPS. good thing my seller is kind enough to refund me my money if i dont receive it on the 24th. :thumbsup:

maybe things are getting delayed bec. of christmas.

to the OP, that happened to me once, the tracking info said it went back to winnipeg but i received the package the next day or two. :dunno:

HondaRice
12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I been using fedex since 1995. I would have to say they do not compare to any other logistics, courier, competitior that I know of.

atleast with fedex you get real tracking. canada post tracking is retarded.

When i shipped a playstation 3 to a remote location up north. they had to give it to a local carrier since they didnt ship out there. someone there opened the box and stole it.

I called fedex, within 1 day they told me to pick up a check for $500 exactly what i paid for it.

the funny thign was on the carriage value i just put 100 dollars on the waybill because out of the hundreds of packages i have shipped or recieved, not once did anything happen.

Fedex will continue to grow and take over the world. They are a friendly company and each worker takes customer service seriously.

turbo4dr
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I am waiting for stuff from fedex too ....mine was upose to come before the 25 now they say 27th???

dj_rice
12-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I recently bought stuff off Ebay and shipped one with FedEx Ground $60 and another item with USPS Priority $35, both arrived in 10 days....but with FedEx, the tracking info is more informative

For the OP, maybe your package had missing information so they had to send it back and forth is my guess...

But question to the FedEx users, so I got my package last week, local courier guy came to my door, asked for me to sign for package and gave me package...no brokerage fee or anything...am I gonna be expecting a brokerage bill in the mail or was the $60 I paid for the shippin include the brokerage in it?

Supa Dexta
12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
how was it shipped? Express air shipping has no extra fees when it arrives, you just pay more for the service.. worth it really since you get your stuff in a couple days, you will pay one way or another..

AllGoNoShow
12-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Everything is fucked right now at Canada Post just so you guys know that are waiting on shit.

Whack load of new drivers that don't really do anything while they work.

Planes and shipments delayed from the east cause of their weather, so east US is probably a problem too.

Most people looking for christmas shipments will get them, some won't and they will probably show up on Boxing day when everyone goes back to work to finish what they fucked up lol.

jeremyn
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Purolator FTW!

3nergiz3d
12-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Same thing is happening to me. I ordered something from Tiffany And Co... for a christmas gift. I have the same status as you. My package was suppose to be here at 12:00pm today.

gatorade
12-21-2007, 02:58 AM
lol yeah i ordered from tiffany too

infected
12-21-2007, 03:12 AM
It's just a bad time of year to ship, I never have problems with fedex and I always ship next day from China.

Pipty
12-21-2007, 09:44 AM
package was probably not shipped to winnipeg but waiting on custom clearance from winnipeg office, thats the only way they could show it. For ups its opposite, goes from usa to winnipeg then back to us then to calgary.

01RedDX
12-21-2007, 10:17 AM

Tik-Tok
12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Pipty
package was probably not shipped to winnipeg but waiting on custom clearance from winnipeg office, thats the only way they could show it. For ups its opposite, goes from usa to winnipeg then back to us then to calgary.

FedEx has their own customs people in Calgary though.

To the OP, did you call Fedex to ask wtf?My only guess is that someone assigned it to the wrong can, and it continued to Winnipeg.

Or

Someone never took it off the can's list when they received it, so when the can continued to Winnipeg, the computer thinks it's still in it, when it's really sitting in Calgary waiting to be cleared.

Splooge
12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
yeah Fedex is strange. i had my ipod get shipped from cali, to philly, then to alaska, then back down to calgary...strange.

Supa Dexta
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Mail is a remarkable thing when you think about it.. Even from the smallest town, you can send out a package across the continent in a few days, from small little jewelry box sized ones to great big ones.. Not only that but they can go from basically dead in the summer when people really aren't sending out anything, to balls out at Christmas.. Is it still the same # of drivers? Do they have temps that work Christmas? what do they do the rest of the yr? crazy stuff man, now pass that shit...

:rofl: