PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Forces Army Reserve

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 01:52 AM
Anyone have any opinions on this.
I am thinking of heading down to SAIT tomorow and checking out the recruitment office to see what they can do for me.
I have had NO luck getting a fucking job in this town. I am thinking of maybe turning to the military now. If I cant do something computer related with them I would be interested in heading up to CFB Cold Lake Air Force Base and enrolling in military aviation.

I hear they do some pretty cool stuff in regards to paying for education, and they also pay pretty good.

:dunno:

Toms-Celica
07-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Good luck...with...that

Come on man! Theres plenty, come to the City Of Calgary building downtown off of McCloud trail. Enter the main doors by the horses and turn right. Big wall covered with jobs.

Melinda
07-21-2003, 08:26 AM
Yeah Dave dont leave Calgary, especially half way through school! Hit the job boards at the city of calgary, or their web page...surely you can find something in calgary!

Fluidic
07-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Dave don't listen to them -- join the Army and don't look back!!! lol :D

Peter

Toms-Celica
07-21-2003, 10:36 AM
:confused: Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :confused:

Weapon_R
07-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Army does not pay good.

If you can't find a job in this city then there is a problem...

Abom
07-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If you can't find a job in this city then there is a problem...

It's not the "wonder city" that everyone makes it out to be actually. I know MANY people who have degrees, some even have masters degrees, who cannot find a job in the computer field, so they turn elsewhere, like construction.

Calgary's not the most awesome place that people everywhere else make it out to be. When I moved to Calgary from back east, I was kind of disappointed actually.

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 03:31 PM
I could work at some shithole like McDonalds or a food industry job, but I am a 20 year old responsible and highly qualified guy.
People are looking for lamer grunts who are willing to be pushed around to make $6.00/hr and I am not up for that.
If someone wants a responsible, hard working guy who is skilled in many areas then they can come hire me.
If not they will get a low life punk who will do dick all for them for cheap.

Roadrage
07-21-2003, 05:12 PM
When did Canada bring back it's military? ;)

OPGForce
07-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Try this website. There are lots of jobs posted here.

http://www.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks OPG, I will give it a try.