PDA

View Full Version : Buying contact lenses online

Cooked Rice
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Does anyone buy their contacts online? What site? I'm on my last pair and need to order some more. Or is their a place in town that has them for good prices?

S4maniac
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I use clearlycontacts.ca all the time. Great prices and its out of Vancouver. Costs are about a third of what optometrists charge for the exact same thing. My benefits company also accepts the invoice for reimbursement.

Added bonus, they give you a free pair of ugly plastic sunglasses with your order!

bspot
12-20-2007, 06:51 PM
visiondirect.com is much cheaper than clearlycontacts.ca

toyboy88
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I was just about to post a "review" of ClearlyContacts.ca after ordering contacts for the first time ever as well.

I paid $99.90 for 90 pairs of Focus Dailies (2 boxes of 90). This included free priority overnight shipping!

I ordered Tuesday night, and received my shipment today at noon.

I just compared to visiondirect, they are $81US, that's 5-10 day shipping. Not sure where they ship from.

But very glad with the clearlycontacts.ca order!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

S4maniac
12-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by bspot
visiondirect.com is much cheaper than clearlycontacts.ca

I've never tried visiondirect. Any problems with customs and duties when they're delivered?

I also noticed that visiondirect wants to see your prescription. I've never sent an actual prescription to clearlycontact. I just order off the info the box my first set came in.

bspot
12-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by S4maniac

I've never tried visiondirect. Any problems with customs and duties when they're delivered?

I also noticed that visiondirect wants to see your prescription. I've never sent an actual prescription to clearlycontact. I just order off the info the box my first set came in.

I have had no issues, they just took a couple weeks to show up I think.

I didn't have to have my actual prescription either, just filled in a few drop down menus with info from my old boxes.

bspot
12-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
I was just about to post a "review" of ClearlyContacts.ca after ordering contacts for the first time ever as well.

I paid $99.90 for 90 pairs of Focus Dailies (2 boxes of 90). This included free priority overnight shipping!

I ordered Tuesday night, and received my shipment today at noon.

I just compared to visiondirect, they are $81US, that's 5-10 day shipping. Not sure where they ship from.

But very glad with the clearlycontacts.ca order!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They ship from the bay area. That's a $20 difference :eek:

toyboy88
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
For $18 more, I'll take the "free" overnight shipping, Canadian based, and the possibility of avoiding customs charges (if they happened).

:dunno: My 2 cents...

civicluva
12-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I just ordered contacts from clearlycontacts.ca and I didn't even have to pay upfront!! Sick!

BebeAphrodite
12-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I've used clearlycontacts as well as visiondirect.
Clearly came in a few days and my vision order came after about a week. For the brands I was using, vision was quite a bit cheaper.
Also I've never had to pay for shipping or customs with visiondirect. They usually have some type of promo going on for free shipping.

TVG
12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Hmm I would only save about 10 bucks a box on acuvue oasys.

bspot
12-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
For $18 more, I'll take the "free" overnight shipping, Canadian based, and the possibility of avoiding customs charges (if they happened).

:dunno: My 2 cents...

The shipping was included in the price and there are no customs charges.

$18 just gets you them a few days earlier. I was in no rush.

creeper
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Clearlycontacts.ca - arrives in no time. Order Monday, receive Tuesday.

blaqguy
12-23-2007, 11:17 PM
I'mma thug out fo now

KuruptEX
12-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by blaqguy
I'mma thug out fo now

:drama:

PeterGTiR
12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
You should get them to pricematch:

Lowest Price Guaranteed
We guarantee the lowest price on your contact lenses. When you want fast, friendly service and great prices, we want you to think of Clearly Contacts. If you find a lower price on another website than what you paid on Clearly Contacts within 10 days after your purchase from our site, we will refund you 110% of the difference up to the price of the item on our site.

PeterGTiR
12-30-2007, 09:10 PM
So, I went to get an eye exam on Thursday at Dr. Bishops.

Here's the deal: $374 for a year's supply of Acuvue Advance. I priced it out at Clearly Contacts and it works out to $255.92.

I asked the doctor about daily contacts, but he wasn't willing to talk about it. I showed him a printout from Clearly Contacts and asked the guy what the settings for BC and diameter would be if I were to get new contacts online - he just avoided the question.

So, the girl at the front said that since I have already been fitted, they can use the same settings for the two measures.

Say I wanted dailies like these:

https://www.clearlycontacts.ca/contact-lenses/1-Day-Acuvue-Moist/prod91508.html

There's a BC of 8.5 and 9.0? Which one do I choose if my old contacts were 8.7?

Then the diameter is 14.2 - my old contacts were for 14.0.

If none of you guys know, I'll just order a month's supply from the optometrist....

PeterGTiR
12-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Glasses are cheap too:

https://www.clearlycontacts.ca/glasses/frames/ltede-1002/prod21002.html

It works out to $62.00 for 1.67 High Index Lenses. Not bad when at Lencrafters it's $400 and up according to the lady there.

Too bad you can't try them on though...but you do save $318...

dragonone
12-30-2007, 09:33 PM
i've went to different 'professionals' and as soon as they hear you talking about online ordering their moods flip. Most notably the asshole at visions in chinatown. he went on and on about how he has to pay rent, provide services to clients etc. Why the fuck would I care? I paid for the eye exam and I should be entitled to those numbers.

So the last time i went for an eye exam, i kept my mouth shut, and said I just wanted an eye exam with values for eyeglasses and contacts.

D. Dub
12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Been buying from clearlycontacts.ca for a few years now. No problems, fast delivery.

roopi
12-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I've been using visiondirect for a couple of years now. They always have a free shipping or 10% of promotion.

Also there are no duties/gst on contact lenses.

sillysod
04-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Bump...

So where are you guys getting your contacts from these days?

natty54
04-06-2013, 11:23 AM
costco

Kavy
04-06-2013, 11:26 AM
I buy from AC lens currently, about 12-18 bucks cheaper a box for Pro Vision and takes around a week to get delivered. No additional fees.

The_Rural_Juror
04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Clearlycontacts has a price beat policy if you guys don't know already.

GQBalla
04-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Usually clearlycontacts but I got new prescription recently and dr bishop from northland actually ordered my in a years supply for cheaper then clearly contacts.

I asked up after the eye exam for my prescription cause I was going to order online. So he brought up the website (clearly contacts). I put in the information and he said its cheaper here.

Good deal for me