PDA

View Full Version : Delicious cheap pizza in the NE

-QA-
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Have you guys heard of Ottimo Pizzeria?

This place has incredible deals on pizzas!! at first I thought their pizza might not be that good, but a few days ago after my finals were over, me and a few friends were hanging out and got quite hungry, seeing as we are broke ass students we were looking for the cheapest pizza deal we could find.

We ordered something like 2 larges 4 toppings and and 40 BBQ wings for like 40$
The wings were juicy and thick full of meat and the pizza was really good, the sauce (which he said is home made) the crust it was just right.

When I went in to pick up the pizza and wings, I talked to the owner some young guy maybe in his mid 20s. Really chilling guy, I saw an older lady there too, looked like his mom or something I think it's a family owned business. I asked him how business was and how come his prcies were so low. He just laughed and said he just makes enough for his shop and his faimly. wow.

Anyways when I left I took a look at their flyer and they have some crazy deals for pickup only tho. I have gone back a few times and brought back a pizza for the family, they loved it too.

2 mediums for 20$ or you can uprade to 2 larges for 24$

I just had 2 mediums of the
Santa Fe Chicken: their pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, seasoned chicken, red onions and green pepers

Mediterrarnean: mozzarella chese, fresh garlic, red onions, feta cheese, sundried tomatos and black olives

Mom's favourite: homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, seasoned chicken, spinach, feta chese, red onions, olives.

Anywas just thought I would share a great little place in the NE for you guys around the area.

They are located in Monterey Plaza. You cant miss it its the 16 ave and 68th street intersection you will see the plaza for sure (there is a big Coop there).

Let me know what you guys think. Now im hungry for pizza :D

kaput
12-20-2007, 06:48 PM

D'z Nutz
12-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out since I'm like a 5 minute walk from there. I'll swing by and grab a take out menu tomorrow.

dj_rice
12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Beyond should start making people pay for this kind of advertising....

-QA-
12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
^^ ya lets just get rid of the entire Food and Dining thread altogether :rolleyes:

I was just looking out for the beyond community or the NE community on beyond who lives close to this place.

But seriously tho for the quality and price of the pizza is very good! :thumbsup:

dj_rice
12-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by -QA-
^^ ya lets just get rid of the entire Food and Dining thread altogether :rolleyes:

I was just looking out for the beyond community or the NE community on beyond who lives close to this place.

But seriously tho for the quality and price of the pizza is very good! :thumbsup:

Just making sure ur not the owner promoting the store..cuz thats only for PAID SPONSORS...

PSIx20
12-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by -QA-

some young guy

D'z Nutz
01-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Finally got around to trying this out this weekend and it's pretty damn good and super cheap too. We got the family pack which was 2 (12") medium pizzas with 6 toppings combined, 10 wings, 8 garlic bread sticks, a mccain chocolate pie, and 4 cans of pop for $27.

There's nothing I didn't like about the stuff we ordered. I usually don't care much for bread sticks from pizza places, but these were really good, as were the wings (lemon pepper!! :drool:). What I especially liked was how the pizza wasn't greasy at all. Their lasagna is pretty cheap too, so we'll probably be ordering that next time.

I'm pretty confident in saying this place will become my regular pizza take out place now. I'm sure there are better pizza places around, but for the price (and especially the convenience of being so close to where I live), it's gonna be pretty tough to beat. If you're in the NE near Monterey, definitely give them a try.

Thanks for the heads up -QA-! I wouldn't have known about this place had you not made this thread :thumbsup:

4lti7ude
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Lol some old 40Yr old is posting this up as a "Chillin" Young Lad hahahhahahaha if you want reall pizza then throw in a Dalissio =D "Its Dalissio not delivery" or MCcain is ok too

Pihsiak
01-21-2008, 05:29 AM
They're actually not too shabby.

I ususally ask for the hot pizza sauce request for them to be well done or the bottom is not hard and crunchy enuff

Good Value

aaronck
01-21-2008, 11:22 AM
This is great, but too far from where I live!
Maybe we need to sort great pizza places by location. I live in the SW, close to Chinook...anyone know any places around here?

HondaRice
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by aaronck
This is great, but too far from where I live!
Maybe we need to sort great pizza places by location. I live in the SW, close to Chinook...anyone know any places around here?

all the good desirable pizzas are always in the North East and in South East Forest lawn

01RedDX
01-21-2008, 12:13 PM

drew_goring
01-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Anyone have the phone number and actual address? It isn't listed on google maps and canada411 isn't working for me right now.

$lick_rYz
01-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by drew_goring
Anyone have the phone number and actual address? It isn't listed on google maps and canada411 isn't working for me right now.

The OP said it's on the intersection of 16th Ave and 68th Street in the Plaza where the CO-OP is

88CRXGUY
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
If you go to 16th ave and 68th st NE there is a little mall just north(30 seconds) of 16th ave NE, its in there. Its really easy to find.

STi403
01-21-2008, 03:43 PM
one of my favorite pizza joint in the ne would have to be westren style pizza. i get 2 large for pick up for $20 bucks with 4 toppings on each pizza and its so good. i recomend tryin ther donair pizza so gooood.
273-1895 there peparoni pizza is awsome

Pihsiak
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=calgary&ie=UTF8&ll=51.068801,-113.933094&spn=0.006122,0.017338&t=h&z=16&om=0

turn to sat view and it is in the red strip mall

their number is 280-0241
used to be a 241 franchise

drew_goring
01-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by $lick_rYz

The OP said it's on the intersection of 16th Ave and 68th Street in the Plaza where the CO-OP is

Saw that and know where it is...just wanted a # for delivery.

Thanks to whomever posted it.

Dj_Stylz
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Just got the Mediterrarnean and the Garlic Sticks. Damn its good. Also as D'z Nutz mentioned the pizza is not greasy. Its about a 5 minute drive away from my house. Ill defently be going back.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gonefishing
01-22-2008, 09:07 AM
funny i live in Monterey and go to that strip mall atleast once a week and never noticed it. Gonna try it out next time i'm in the mood for pizza and wings.

bashir26
02-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Went here this past weekend. The thin crust pizza is to die for really!