PDA

View Full Version : Broken Plate (Greek cuisine in Crowfoot and Kensington)

copynpaste
12-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Who has dined there before? How did you find it? I had my first visit there last night (Crowfoot), dinner for 8. It was alright, but nothing to write home about. I loved the nice cozy, dim lighted atmosphere, everything was spaced just right with just enough room, but it was too stuffy inside.

I ordered the rack of lamb with Risodo, lamb was really good though the risodo was a bit too heavy on the cheese. I also got calamari to start, which had WAY too much salt on it...they just caked it on. :thumbsdow

Service was below average to average, when we walked in it was fairly dead, restaurant 1/3 full. It took them about 50 mins to bring out everyones dishes and our server was slow in acting upon requests (ex. Had to ask for more water a few times, had to ask for them to take away finished plates, took him forever to ring up the bill), all in all we were there for 3.5hrs.

Yes the restaurant got full, but not overly busy. And considering the size of the place, no reason any server who considers himself as a fine dining server cant handle orders with consistency. THough the place isnt completely high end fine dining, I would still consider it casual fine dining and would have expected better service.

Food - 7/10
Atmosphere - 8/10
Service - 4/10
Pricing - 8/10

Overall - 6.5/10

Good, not terrible but not great either.

Splooge
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
i ate at the Kensington almost 3-4 years ago. i thought the food/service was pretty good. i give it a 8/10

Melinda
12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I actually find parthenon (Heritage and Fairmount Drive) to be a great greek place to eat. But they get busy, reservations are giantly recommended. Haven't tried broken plate yet but my parents did and also said it was 'just okay'.

avow
12-21-2007, 01:22 PM
i found the food portions to be rather small and really expensive. but very good food :S strange, basically the opposite of your experience.

GQBalla
12-21-2007, 02:59 PM
i havent been to broken plate in crowfoot for almost 2 years now -

but when i was first goin there it was really really good -
service was awesome i gave it a 8/10

last time i went there portions were a lot smaller, service was slow as shit even when the restaurant was half full, and food tasted worse.

so i stopped goin!

Tik-Tok
12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
I actually find parthenon (Heritage and Fairmount Drive) to be a great greek place to eat. But they get busy, reservations are giantly recommended. Haven't tried broken plate yet but my parents did and also said it was 'just okay'.

+1

Walking distance FTW!

adamc
12-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Ouzo is a good choice for people downtown, just down 4th st. sw (not sure the cross street, but it's beside a Mac's, so it's easy to spot).

They have an awesome list of lunch specials, I usually get the steak sandwich pita, comes with lemon potatos and a greek salad.

Awesome food and value for 8.95, and I would assume the quality is just as good, if not better, at dinner.

copynpaste
12-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Splooge
i ate at the Kensington almost 3-4 years ago. i thought the food/service was pretty good. i give it a 8/10

From what I was told the Kensington location is a lot better, just too bad they were all booked up last night.