PDA

View Full Version : Hockey sticks

jeremyn
12-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Just wondering where you guys like to go to buy your sticks.
Which store would you say has the best selection?

i usually go to tuxdeo

eb0i
12-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I usually go to Sports Mart. I don't know how their selection compares to Tuxedo though.

phrozen
12-22-2007, 12:56 PM
B&P Cycle has a HUUUUUGE variety and they can always
cut prices if you just ask.

2002civic
12-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
I usually go to Sports Mart. I don't know how their selection compares to Tuxedo though.

haha its like going to mcdonalds or the keg

eb0i
12-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

haha its like going to mcdonalds or the keg

Then that must say I'm not picky about what stick I use :rofl:

tawheed
12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Best prices are online if you want higher end sticks :)

oilerfan4lyfe
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I prefer Sportchek because their prices are usually lower than most other stores...Sportmart is a bit of a rip off when it comes to prices on certain sticks - a typhoon Easton shaft there is $60 whereas at SP chek it's $40. Sportchek has also had buy one get one 50% off for all non one piece sticks on for a while which is nice if you prefer a 2 piece combo or you want your backup to be the same as your gamer.

I got a Synergy Ultra from Can Tire about a month ago when they had $50 off of their higher end one-pieces...love the release on the shot but I get scared everytime someone slashes me.

trieuth
12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
www.cyclonetaylor.com

cheapest prices for sticks, they are located in bc so you wont get raped on shipping across borders.

i never buy sticks locally, they are all so overpriced. its ridiculous

98type_r
12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
sport swap actually has some high end sticks as well, although i prefer to go to tuxedo because everyone there knows what they're talking about

but if you aren't in a rush to get it then i would definitely buy them online

dr_jared88
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe
[B]I prefer Sportchek because their prices are usually lower than most other stores...Sportmart is a bit of a rip off when it comes to prices on certain sticks /B]

you do realize they are the same company right? they'll match each others prices no problem.

Dave P
12-23-2007, 08:35 PM
United Cycle In Edmonton

by far the best hockey gear store in edmonton

oilerfan4lyfe
12-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

you do realize they are the same company right? they'll match each others prices no problem.

Didn't know that...but not worth the hassle to bother if you can just go to SP chek and pick up the same item for $20 cheaper.

mac_82
12-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Tuxedo.

Back in the day I used to go into the stick room in the basement, crack open the bundles, and pick n choose. Wood sticks FTW.

:thumbsup:

trieuth
12-26-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

sport mart has low end sticks, sport chek has higher end but they are shitty still.

tawheed
12-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Sport Cheks sticks compared to an actual hockey store are crap.. there is usually very little selection on patterns and especially flex..

l/l/rX
12-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by trieuth

sport mart has low end sticks, sport chek has higher end but they are shitty still.

really? how are they shitty?

i found that all places sold pretty much the same sticks. i remember back in the day when the easton synergy first came out i picked it up from sport chek at a decent price compared to other places.
sport check sold/ sells a lot of carbon fibre/ kevlar carbon fibre sticks i found. did a lot of my stick shopping there.

i dont know how you can have a shitty stick of the same make/ company.

edit: what kind of sticks are you guys talking about?

im talking about spending $150-$200 on a stick...

oilerfan4lyfe
12-26-2007, 11:29 AM
^^ Ya that doesn't really make sense...you can get most high end sticks from Sport Chek...they are a little bit tough to find if you go to a smaller store but they've got Z-Bubble Grips, Synergies and Stealths so not too sure where the shitty stick thing comes from.

It is tough to find certain patterns and flexes at times...that I can't disagree with.

sl888
12-26-2007, 07:13 PM
You CAN't find high end sticks at SportChek. The only one I've seen and recently is the XXXX in Market Mall. Other than that I've never seen any. The Synergys and Stealths you see aren't the greatest out there. Go to Adrenaline Source for Sports on McLeod and hold an Easton S17. That is truly a great stick. My buddy told me that Easton had a toy drive for Xmas and in return for participating they were giving the S17s! How I missed out! They have a few O-Sticks too and those are pretty cool.
Honestly I could never spend that much on a stick and I just play for fun so my 5K & Synergy is good enough.

suen_boi
12-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Cyclone Taylor
www.cyclonetaylor.com

No idea about the efficiency of shipping service as I didn't use it, but the prices are reasonable and selection was good. I'm definitely headed back there again during my work term.

+1

trieuth
12-28-2007, 06:13 PM
sport chek has no selection on curves or flexxes, and half the easton sticks are repaints of shittier sticks.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
sport chek has no selection on curves or flexxes, and half the easton sticks are repaints of shittier sticks.

What? Repaints of shittier sticks? Why do I highly doubt that?

trieuth
12-28-2007, 07:47 PM
all there synergy Sl's are repaints of the normal synergy. I use to play pretty competitive hockey and use to work in a hockey shop, thats what i was told from the easton rep.

oilerfan4lyfe
12-29-2007, 05:33 PM
The SI-Cores you mean? Aren't those the cheaper Synergies to begin with?

trieuth
01-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Si-cores use to be there top stick. most of the ones that are at sport check are the ones that were bought out from easton a few years ago. Go to any sport chek with the synergy SL's and compare those to one you'd find at a pro shop. theres a huge difference. They weigh no where close to the same.

dregs
01-08-2008, 01:00 AM
tuxedo for sure