PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry updates?

CCM Pro
12-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi...I just got a brand new Blackberry Pearl from Rogers and was wondering do they come out with newer software versions all the time? I noticed on RIM's website you can get GPS and Maps for the Pearl now but only on certain software versions...from what I could see, Rogers' Pearls did not have the GPS option as CDMA ones did...but the Curve and 8800 for Rogers had it...I may sell mine BNIB and just get a 8800. I am somewhat concerned about the 2 letters to each button the Pearl has.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kavy
12-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Check www.pinstack.com

all your questions will be answered :)

Side note pearl doesnt have a gps receiver , only the pearl 2 does so getting BB Maps would be pointless. The 8800 has a built in GPS as well as the 8310.

xkon
12-24-2007, 01:08 AM
not true - BB maps is pretty good, even without GPS

on another note, if you want GPS get a 8310 curve, I so happen to be trying to find someone to trade me for a pearl + $$... pm me if interested!

CCM Pro
12-24-2007, 01:43 AM
pearl2?? what is that? for rogers? I may be interested in selling/trading my pearl BNIB but not sure about the curve...I kinda like the 8800

beyondmike
12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
pearl2?? what is that? for rogers? I may be interested in selling/trading my pearl BNIB but not sure about the curve...I kinda like the 8800

i have owned all three and currently use my pearl full time.
it is really easy to type on the pearl, and imo just as easy as the curve and 8800 once you get use to it.
8800 was nice with the GPS but quality was built really cheap and sqeaked all the time.
8300 curve was nice with the camera and is smaller than the 8800, but still big compared to the pearl.
i chose to keep the pearl as opposed to the others cause of size and overall feel. i do read a ton more emails than type so these are just based on my opinions but don't be fooled on the typing on the pearl, it is easier than it looks.

rawsensation
12-27-2007, 12:23 AM
hey man long time no see lol, how'd ya do on the exam ccm?
the pearl for rogers is the older version only telus and bell have the pearl 2(revamped version of the original pearl 2megapixel camera, built in gps, faster loading times, etc.), i think i heard that rogers will be getting it soon not sure thou, the curve i would consider it's got most of the same features and instead of the 2 letter per button it's one and easier to get used to i think but they all have smart type or w/e it's called, as for the 8800 great phone but i don't like the fact you don't have a camera only downside for me. Acutally thinking of getting rid of my iphone lol