PDA

View Full Version : The good life...

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Well despite the fact that I am unemployed I am still doing a webpage for my dads company.

I have re-located to the deck today to work in the sun.
I have a cooler full of beer, a radio, my laptop with wireless internet, the classifieds and my cell phone.
The woman is next to me tanning and not wearing much ;)
Ahhhh this is the life.
I reccomend that everyone gets outside and enjoys this weather!

Super_Geo
07-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by TurboDSM
The woman is next to me tanning and not wearing much ;)

I hope you're refering to your girlfriend and not a family member ;)

j/k :rofl:

TalonVelocity
07-21-2003, 03:48 PM
TurboDSM, who offers wireless net? how much do you pay? hows the reception? and how fast is it? :P

prosh
07-21-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm gonna guess he's got a wireless router hooked up to a ADSL or Cable modem :D

Superesc
07-21-2003, 03:50 PM
:thumbsup:

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by prosh
I'm gonna guess he's got a wireless router hooked up to a ADSL or Cable modem :D
Yup, I just have a Linksys 802.11g wireless router hooked up to my Telus ADSL Business 2.5Mbp Connection.
All my laptops get full reception well into my front street and within my full back yard and all over the house.
And yes I am referring to my girlfriend not a family member :o

ecstasy_civic
07-21-2003, 04:56 PM

Yup, I just have a Linksys 802.11g wireless router hooked up to my Telus ADSL Business 2.5Mbp Connection.
All my laptops get full reception well into my front street and within my full back yard and all over the house.

ahhh beer and deck and no phone call:( have 3 for me:thumbsup:

Fluidic
07-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Dave man... why do you always refer to your "loved-one" or "girlfriend" as your woman? Have you no respect for your woman?

Peter

TalonVelocity
07-21-2003, 05:40 PM
is there such thing as wireless internet.. where I can check my internet in the middle of a field? like.. anywhere??

Abom
07-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
is there such thing as wireless internet.. where I can check my internet in the middle of a field? like.. anywhere??

Yes, such a thing does exist. No idea if you can get in Calgary.

ecstasy_civic
07-21-2003, 05:48 PM
well obviously you can if dave's got it lol

dj_honda
07-21-2003, 05:48 PM

newbie to this wireless stuff, but doesnt that mean that your neighbours can get on to your connection?

kaput
07-21-2003, 06:15 PM

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Nope, nobody is allowed on my connection unless they know my connection name on the network, have the password, and then I have to allow the MAC address of the machine accessing it.
I can see whenever and whomever is on my network (works wonders if my parents are being asses and such, I just block their connections).

Peter, she is only referred to as "the woman" for jokes, she knows its a joke and its sorta inside. Believe me (and mel can vouch for me), she gets treated better than royalty by me.

Melinda
07-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Believe me (and mel can vouch for me), she gets treated better than royalty by me.
Yeah I just wish she treated you the same way...:rolleyes:

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Yeah I just wish she treated you the same way...:rolleyes:
tell me about it :rolleyes:

+AsiaN+
07-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Abom

Yes, such a thing does exist. No idea if you can get in Calgary.

yeah my schools got them all over.. theirs pannels or something in the roof so u can go anywhere in the school with a laptop and be connected to the net :thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
07-21-2003, 07:26 PM

Dave,

Do you know anything about Wireless Networking for a Powerbook? I have an AirPort Extreme card, but am unsure if I need the Airport Extreme Base Station, or just a plain old wireless router hooked up to my connection.

04blackMAX
07-21-2003, 07:46 PM
hahahaha dood, welcome to the club, ive been doing that same shit for 3 years now, keep up the good work:)

ecstasy_civic
07-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
hahahaha dood, welcome to the club, ive been doing that same shit for 3 years now, keep up the good work:)

ya what do you do jordan??

04blackMAX
07-21-2003, 07:58 PM
i do nothing, iam semi retired, but getting bored, iam going back to school soon taking a real estate course, after 3 years of slacking need something more

ecstasy_civic
07-21-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
i do nothing, iam semi retired, but getting bored, iam going back to school soon taking a real estate course, after 3 years of slacking need something more

sounds like a job for me :rofl:

Ashkente
07-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity

Yes, look into CDPD or 1xRTT service from Telus. Don't expect anything spectacular though...CDPD is ~19.2 and 1x is either ISDN or dual ISDN speed. I don't remember which. :P And! The cards are expensive too :P

BebeAphrodite
07-22-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

I hope you're refering to your girlfriend and not a family member ;)

j/k :rofl:

lol

ryder_23
07-22-2003, 01:58 AM
My friends dad was gonna build the "super net" i dunno if any of you heard of this...but from what he told me, were not young kids making shit up either...its ontop of all the schools in the central areas, that will have tranmissters or what not, on the roof, and they will send signals out to houses, which with the proper modem of such, you can pick this up. its supposed to be the fastest thing out there...its not out yet, wont be till like 2006...but anyone within certain area can pick it up, of course pay for the service, but it will be fully wireless, and like 10x quicker than shaw or telus or satelite. His dads company was gonna build it, but pulled outa the contract....but it will be out if bell gets their ass in gear.

Ashkente
07-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23
My friends dad was gonna build the "super net" i dunno if any of you heard of this...but from what he told me, were not young kids making shit up either...its ontop of all the schools in the central areas, that will have tranmissters or what not, on the roof, and they will send signals out to houses, which with the proper modem of such, you can pick this up. its supposed to be the fastest thing out there...its not out yet, wont be till like 2006...but anyone within certain area can pick it up, of course pay for the service, but it will be fully wireless, and like 10x quicker than shaw or telus or satelite. His dads company was gonna build it, but pulled outa the contract....but it will be out if bell gets their ass in gear.

Uhh..unless you start laying out some facts, I'm calling :bullshit:

Firecracker
07-22-2003, 12:53 PM

tell me about it :rolleyes:
do you really want me to? cuz i got shitload to say....
:guns: ------> dave's woman