PDA

View Full Version : Where to find fitness balls

rc2002
12-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Looking to buy one of those big fitness balls for core strengthening. Anyone know where I can pick one up? Are all brands created equal?

I suppose fitness depot (or the like) would be a good choice, but I was hoping I could just stop by Walmart or someplace more convenient and maybe cheaper. I know Costco used to carry them but they didn't have them last time I was there...

Any ideas?

TIA

Kaos
12-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Go to winner's.
They have some everlast ones.
Or go to sport mart

Smokem
12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
walmart and superstore will carry them, usually under $10

eb0i
12-24-2007, 12:26 PM
I get my stuff from http://www.fitter1.com/

the quality here is a lot better than what you can get from walmart/costco...plus you'll get the proper size. The balls are already inflated so you don't have fuss with inflating them too.

rmk
12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
I got mine at Fitness Depot. Thing is awesome.

urban.one
12-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Theyre not all equal. Youll notice the lack of quality in a cheap one.

The latest trend is for weighted stability balls. A lot of gym and training studios are replacing their regualar balls with these.

BOSU is always a good brand for stuff like this.

00CivicSi
12-24-2007, 10:40 PM
gomango fitness or apple fitness sells gym quality stuff

Ben
12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I work out now at the Fairmont Banff Springs and they have strength balls (stability, BOSU and medicine ball). I've always been skeptical of them due to their look, like $%^* I want to roll around like a tool on some inflatable, but a half hour on those things can be murder! I used to go to the Talisman centre and they were always in use, and could not get some proper instruction on them, but after getting some one on one time it's been an eye opener. I think they're an awesome addition to a workout routine. Over the past month I've noticed far more core strength than I expected as well as my balance has improved remarkably (and I thought I already had great balance). So many times I thought I was going to yardsale after catching an edge or over rotating out skiing which I've recovered from, I feel in part to this ball. I know Fitness Equipment Calgary has them all. There's one in Willow Park for the South and Kensington for more central.

rc2002
12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up getting a lower end one but I will probably spring for a better one if it craps out on me.

The gym I go to has the Bosu ones and they're really nice. I'd like to get one but I just can't justify the price right now.

95EG6P
01-01-2008, 02:24 PM
What Gym do you go to?

dj_rice
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 95EG6P
What Gym do you go to?

Please leave flirting and pick up techniques to PM :thumbsup: :rofl:

Speaking of fitness balls..

http://www.break.com/index/kid-faceplants-into-wall.html