PDA

View Full Version : Overplaying songs on Kiss 96.9 FM

REdOX
07-31-2002, 09:40 PM
It's good to listen to if you're driving for 10 minutes at a time.. then you start hearing the same damn songs over and over again.

I give this station a year before everyone starts getting sick of the repeats. Then I bet it changes formats again.

That's my rant for the day :P :guns:

(For the record I heard that new Eminem song 6 times in one day once.. and that was just driving around town running errands)

Ekliptix
07-31-2002, 10:02 PM
They have 2 CD's. "Eminem" and "Phat Supah Hitz 2002".

"i'm sorry mama,........."

redline
07-31-2002, 10:15 PM
I heard the same song when i got out of my car at 7:30am and back into it at 5:30pm. I have heard ALOT of songs in the same seqence at differnet times of the day and REALLY SUCKS!

silvercivicsir
07-31-2002, 10:20 PM
ever heard of cnd content laws? radio stations must play a certain amount of canada "songs/artists" ever hour. and I bet you I can count on my finger how many cnd R&B / Hip hop artists there are out there..

1) Swollen Member
2) Choclair

etc. I personaly think it's a great start for the r&b/hip hop scene in Calgary..

if you don't like it, you could always go back to POWER107 or PEAK 107

D'z Nutz
07-31-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
ever heard of cnd content laws? radio stations must play a certain amount of canada "songs/artists" ever hour. and I bet you I can count on my finger how many cnd R&B / Hip hop artists there are out there..

1) Swollen Member
2) Choclair

etc. I personaly think it's a great start for the r&b/hip hop scene in Calgary..

I read somewhere that atleast 1 in every 10 songs, a Canadian artist must be played. I never really checked to see if there was any truth to that.

REdOX
07-31-2002, 10:28 PM

1) Swollen Member
2) Choclair

I've heard of that law. Except that my point is that they're repeating the exact same song by AMERICAN artists.. so what does your point have to do with my statement? :)

I do agree it's a great start.. and I personally listen to it. I'm just complaining about hearing the same song over and over again. Maybe some people like hearing the same song over and over again.. I for one don't.. But beggars can't be choosers :P

redline
07-31-2002, 10:33 PM
Did eminem become canadian cause they play him every second song ?:dunno:

D'z Nutz
07-31-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by REdOX

I've heard of that law. Except that my point is that they're repeating the exact same song by AMERICAN artists.. so what does your point have to do with my statement? :)

:rofl: :rofl: The thread was about to go off topic and you put it right back on track :D

This reminds me of the time....

(Hehehe!)

REdOX
07-31-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by redline
Did eminem become canadian cause they play him every second song ?:dunno:

lol. Maybe you just have to look Canadian ??

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 10:25 AM
A year before everyone's sick of repeating songs? We put the station on for one day at work, between 8-5 that day, there is one specific song I heard 7 times! :banghead: It wouldn't have been bad, but I can't stand it!

speedracer
08-01-2002, 10:33 AM
At least you can listen to music. All I get at the office is Lite 96 :nut:

Good thing I put my own SB card to play www.di.fm :D :woot:

redline
08-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
At least you can listen to music. All I get at the office is Lite 96 :nut:

Good thing I put my own SB card to play www.di.fm :D :woot:

another site i can ban...

Ben
08-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by redline

another site i can ban...

Damn...

5.9 R/T
08-01-2002, 11:16 AM

1) Swollen Member
2) Choclair

That law is crazy confusing. During certian times of the day (peak hours - drive to work/home/lunch) radio stations have to meet a certian quota of canadian content. And then there's another quota for off peak hours (during the day) and yet another one for late night. But that's still no excuse for playing that JayZ song 3 times in 11/2 hours. Until they get better selection i'm going back to CJAY.

Ben
08-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Until they get better selection i'm going back to CJAY.

Thats the Spirit! I never left:thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 11:46 AM
I'm gonna stick with Country 105 :D

go on, make fun of me :(

5.9 R/T
08-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

At least you don't listen to Don Joanne and the Coach. :barf:

Redlyne_mr2
08-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

hahaha Id probably rather listen to that than kiss 69 or whatever I hate eminem..he's a rapper Im surprised he hasnt been capped by now

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

hahaha Id probably rather listen to that than kiss 69 or whatever I hate eminem..he's a rapper Im surprised he hasnt been capped by now

:rofl: I'm sure his time is coming! :rofl:

JC Civic
08-01-2002, 06:13 PM
it's been better the last few days with commercials and a couple dj's. It's because of the people who listen to it for a little bit..and they're the one's who are getting their requested songs played. but this station is better then anything else calgary has.

jaylo
08-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Hehe 'N Sync would probably cap him, only thing is he's w/ Dr. Dre, I don't think anybody would touch him :D

GothicSmurf
08-01-2002, 07:12 PM
omg, i hate this station with a passion! when im at work for 8-9 hours at a time, from like 11pm till 7am, its night time, so no commercials, no dj's, just the same crap over and over and over. . . i sware i heard that swollen members song more times in one night then i had in my entire life! and that new eminem song, its not even on the charts yet and i despice it, then again, i never did like rap, or hip hop, its all crap to me!:madred:

kevie88
08-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Phone them and tell them that it sucks, their phone number is 214-5477, I just called them and let them know It's a great concept but they are already screwing it up with the repetitiveness.
Aparently they are getting hundreds of complaints a day about it and are going to work toward making it better.

BarryBeach
08-01-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Thats the Spirit! I never left:thumbsup:

you're damn straight .... plus dance, Trance, and Techno are sooo much better then rap ... all these black guyz rappin' about their 40's and blunts, and the one white guy (other then the swollen members guy) Eminem, what a fuckin' dork ... don't mind his music but he's a fucking dork.

Diesel
08-01-2002, 08:40 PM
what about the dj's for this station? are they gonna get anyone to announce or dj?

driven
08-02-2002, 01:47 AM
okay listen up!
this station has not yet gone LIVE! they are still getting up and running, so for the last 2 weeks they have just been looping a sequence of songs, and randomly arranging them [thats why you hear the same songs]. However now theve officially become a live on air station with commercials, and in a short while live djs and live shows.. listen to the station now and ull hear new stuff that will blow your mind! no more repitition.. i swear! just listen!

max_boost
08-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

you're damn straight .... plus dance, Trance, and Techno are sooo much better then rap ... all these black guyz rappin' about their 40's and blunts, and the one white guy (other then the swollen members guy) Eminem, what a fuckin' dork ... don't mind his music but he's a fucking dork.

It is better than these white guys talking about their moms and dad on the farm!!! LOL nothing against country but I hate it!:thumbsup: