PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1080p 56inch JVC television.

jahobo
12-24-2007, 05:53 AM
SOLD

jahobo
12-24-2007, 07:15 PM
cause of futureshop putting this on boxing day sale prices too

ill beat it by 10% as well

theirs is 1300

new price for this week

jahobo
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
offers ????

Ven
12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
jahobo,

Have you experienced any of the ghosting(mostly sports viewing) or early burn out bulb problems I've been reading about?

This is a FutureShop "Exclusive" TV right, and does that mean it's been price point spec'd specifically for FS?

Is the extened warranty even transferable?

Lots of questions I know, but I need to convice the better half, haha!

Oh, and why are you selling it anyway?

garyb
12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
he' selling it because you can buy a 56 inch plasma for $900 on boxing day :thumbsup:

rage2
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Ven
jahobo,

Have you experienced any of the ghosting(mostly sports viewing) or early burn out bulb problems I've been reading about?

This is a FutureShop "Exclusive" TV right, and does that mean it's been price point spec'd specifically for FS?
I'm not jahobo but I can answer this question. I have the last gen 62" JVC LCOS as well as the current JVC 70" 1080p LCOS. There is zero ghosting on this TV. We watch every HD hockey game on this TV, no "mouse trails" of the puck, nothing. Just clear crisp picture.

As for bulb life, I have the 70" for about 6 months now, no bulb change yet. My 62" got a new bulb after 2 years, and the TV gets about 12 hrs of use a day between 3 people.

It's not a FS exclusive TV. You can get 'em at Visions and Sears as well (if they still have stock). I believe next year's models is around the corner tho.

Originally posted by garyb
he' selling it because you can buy a 56 inch plasma for $900 on boxing day :thumbsup:
Ya, a door crasher plasma that's nowhere near the quality of this TV.

garyb
12-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I just assumed that a LG or Toshiba plasma would be better than a rear-projection tv....

Ven
12-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I'm not jahobo but I can answer this question. I have the last gen 62" JVC LCOS as well as the current JVC 70" 1080p LCOS. There is zero ghosting on this TV. We watch every HD hockey game on this TV, no "mouse trails" of the puck, nothing. Just clear crisp picture.

As for bulb life, I have the 70" for about 6 months now, no bulb change yet. My 62" got a new bulb after 2 years, and the TV gets about 12 hrs of use a day between 3 people.

It's not a FS exclusive TV. You can get 'em at Visions and Sears as well (if they still have stock). I believe next year's models is around the corner tho.

I'm unable to find this particular model of TV on any of the JVC corporate sites, or Sears. I appreciate the feedback, some of the research I've been doing via google have pointed to ghosting issues on some sets and premature bulb failures, moreso than what would be considered normal rates of failure. I've had some JVC TV's in the past and they've been rock solid, and it sounds like your model TV's are doing well also. I'll send a PM.

jahobo
12-27-2007, 08:31 PM
thanks rage for answering some of the questions

like rage said no i haven no experienced any ghosting at all. and nope had no problems with the bulb as its only 4 months old so no problems at all. and yeah the warranty is transferrable as far as i know cause thats what the CSR at futureshop told me.

rage is right, these JVCs have one of the best pictures out there and for those plasmas on boxing day, they dont come near the picture of these rear projection picture quality.

yeah i did get a new tv on boxing day, but that tvs cable picture quality is no where near the jvcs.

thats about it

let me know if you have any questions. i could set it up for a viewing if you like with both cable and bluray as well for ya.

also the price at 1150 isnt firm so give me an offer if you like

Ven
12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
OK, PM sent.

Foreign2
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM

I just assumed that a LG or Toshiba plasma would be better than a rear-projection tv....

OHH how assumptions can get you into some trouble these days.

megavolt
12-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah... any of the '$900 Plasmas' probably aren't going to be 1080p... and I can vouch for the JVC HD-ILA sets... I've also got the 70" and I love it. Another thing I think is good to note is that the JVC bulbs do seem a lot cheaper than some of the alternatives (around $200 for a replacement bulb from JVC).

jahobo
12-29-2007, 12:55 PM
up up, shoot me offers peeps

garyb
12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

jahobo
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
for new years pricing

1000firm.

jahobo
01-05-2008, 05:52 AM
bump

Takahashi
01-05-2008, 11:22 AM
oh how ignorant and mis-informed you are....

jahobo
01-07-2008, 03:30 AM
SOLD