PDA

View Full Version : How dose Western Union work?

ZC_CIVIC
12-26-2007, 07:35 PM
well a cousin in BC is going to send me some money and my bank isnt out there so i thought of western union, but im not sure on how it works..

like if she goes there and gives them say 300 bucks and puts it under my name, then i go to a agent here and show ID and they give me the money...or am i wrong... could someone let me know how it all works...??

TomcoPDR
12-26-2007, 07:43 PM
You got it.

I think there's a transcation ID too. (to prevent mix ups with Joe Smith or Grace Lee)

I've received W.U. once, but like 2-3 years ago that's pretty much how it works.

Good luck

ZC_CIVIC
12-26-2007, 07:45 PM
so so then i would get like a unit number and bring it to the agent i go to....so just to get things on the right line

Cuzin takes money to WU
gives them 300 + the fee
sends me a number like trace number
i bring the number and id to agent here and i get money?

that sound about right?

jmeriel
12-26-2007, 08:28 PM
...when your cousin goes to western union in bc he/she gets a money transfer control number (mtcn...10 digits) written on the reciept... your cousin then needs to give this to you.
u then go to an western union agent here and get the money using the number and id(unless your cousin specifies the id is not necessary). not all agents can give you cash...some a cheque. moneymart will give u cash at no charge.

ZC_CIVIC
12-26-2007, 08:34 PM
oh ok cool thanks man...