lewdvig
12-27-2007, 10:50 AM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/mines-nissan-gt-r-takes-to-the-track/

pf0sh0
12-27-2007, 10:53 AM
=sex

Redlyne_mr2
12-27-2007, 11:08 AM
As far as I know the current Mines GTR is still basically stock as well.

lewdvig
12-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it will barely be a stage 1 when they are done with it.

I read the Nissan is limiting tuning to the car's electricals - on the GT-R that effectively locks you out of almost everything.

civicluva
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
The gallardo is a joke. A porsche gt3 out performs it. It is strictly a "looks" car compared to all the other cars in its league.

Destinova403
12-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by civicluva
The gallardo is a joke. A porsche gt3 out performs it. It is strictly a "looks" car compared to all the other cars in its league.

werd... for the money i can think of a lot of other cars id rather have...

that said... the GTR is a very very nice car, still not an absolute fan, but the performance numbers are undenyable.

boxer23
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Can anyone tell me why my internet doesn't seem to let me on to motorauthority.com .

lewdvig
12-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Because of the two girls one cup banner?

JK

Maybe motorauth' is cracking under the weight of millions of beyonders checking out the link.

herragge
12-28-2007, 03:56 PM

+1

Beating the gallardo shouldn't be that great of a feat. I'm surprised that it didn't run much quicker considering it was in CGT territory on the Nurb'.

Canmorite
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
White Mines GTR = HOT.

Damn!

DonJuan
12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
"the old Mines prepped R34 GT-R model achieved a 57.7s time around the circuit."

That is MADNESS!

What are they gonna do with an extra litre of engine capacity?

treg50
12-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Bah this article doesn't mean much.

It's a bragging right for Nissan but like many have said before me, many cars can beat a Gallardo. Then you have to ask how old is the Gallardo, was it even Superleggera, was it the same driver, etc.?

1:03.1 vs 1:03.6, it's a Nissan win but it didn't blow the Gallardo away. Same league of performance for a better price, ya ya ya... I don't think Gallardo buyers will be losing much sleep though.

Gibson
12-31-2007, 12:34 PM
What exactly did they change? I'm fairly certain that they upgraded the tires because I've read that the stock ones aren't that great.

lewdvig
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
My predictions is 55-56 seconds eventually.

iceburns288
12-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Gibson
What exactly did they change? I'm fairly certain that they upgraded the tires because I've read that the stock ones aren't that great.
The stock tires are Bridgestone RE070s: they are more than adequate.

iceburns288
01-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Here is a list of the parts Mine's is now working on for the GT-R. It's very impressive so far, but keep in mind these are products in development.

- VX Rom ECU
- VX Air Filter
- Silence VX Pro Titan II
- Super Catalyzer II
- Turbine Outlet pipes
- Esta Full Spec Suspension I, II & III
- Mine's Eibach spring kit
- Brake rotors
- Brake pads
- Radiator shroud
- Air Scoop
- Front lip Spoiler
- Rear Wing
- Carbon Aero Mirror type II
- Stabilizers
- Link kit
- Big Capacity Air Flow meters
- Big Capacity fuel pump
- Big capacity injectors
- Engine cover
- Carbon canard
- Roof antenna
- Cam Shaft
- Carbon wheels cover

Graham_A_M
01-01-2008, 08:52 PM

Yeah I'm surprised Lamborghini even made the Gallardo. Its a low performance shit heap, I'm not in the least bit surprised a nicely souped up R35 beat it. The Gallardo V10 is just two Jetta VR6 engines con-joined.... Yes it is a great engine, but not in compairison of what you'd expect from the likes of Lamborghini. :dunno:

If an R35 can beat a Murchi', It'll have at least a bit of respect in my books. :rolleyes:

4wheeldrift
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Keep in mind that's a half second a lap quicker on a course that's only 2km long and doesn't have any really long straights. That's not a huge lead but when you consider the GT-R is a good 400lbs heavier than the Gallardo it's pretty respectable.