PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Transport Canada: Rescind or harmonize bumper regulations?

Pages : [1] 2

mx73someday
12-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Well it's somewhat old news, but it doesn't appear to have been mentioned on beyond:

In October 13's Gazette (Vol. 141, No. 41), Transport Canada requested comments regarding the intention to amend Section 215, "Bumpers", of the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations.

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/partI/2007/20071013/html/notice-e.html#i10

Options they are considering are to rescind all of the Canadian bumper standard or to harmonize with the US standards.

So for those who wish they hadn't missed out on cars like the Toyota MRS or the EVO XIII, this is our opportunity to influence Transport Canada to drop our bumper laws and allow more vehicle variety in Canada. I'd love to see a Canadian market with more European manufacturers, so read the article in the Gazette and respond to Transport Canada and your MP. We're fortunate that they're even considering this, they've done all the research for the article, it's easy to see why we should rescind the regulations entirely.

The bumper regulations we have today come from the 70's (remember the bulky bumpers we had well into the 80s), many modern countries such as Austria, France, the UK, Switzerland, Japan and Australia, have no safety standards regulating bumper impact tests for the benefit of pedestrian safety.

mx73someday
01-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Since the review period for this ended Dec 31, 2007, it seems Transport Canada has decided the next course of action based on the comments from the public:

http://www.globeauto.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080103.wh-buzz-0103/GAStory/specialGlobeAuto/home

Bye bye 8km/h bumpers!

katana9x4
01-05-2008, 08:22 AM
very interesting, I thought I recalled reading about this earlier but I don't think it was on beyond...

Gripenfelter
01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Transport Canada considering less stringent bumper rules
MICHAEL BETTENCOURT

From Thursday's Globe and Mail

January 3, 2008 at 12:00 AM EST

Transport Canada has acknowledged that the safety benefits of its eight kilometres/hour bumper regulations — a higher speed than allowed by the United States or Europe — does not justify the cost, and will look at various changes to come down as early as this summer.

"From a cost-benefit perspective, Transport Canada has been unable to justify why the Canadian bumper standard should continue to be more stringent than those of the United States or the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe," wrote Transport Canada in a proposal to change the bumper standards, which appeared in the official Canada Gazette. From that proposal, it's clear that Transport Canada officials are hoping to make a change.

"In the absence of evidence that the benefits of the Canadian bumper standard exceed the cost to society resulting from it, maintaining the standard unchanged would not appear to constitute an appropriate solution," wrote Christian Lavoie, director of standards research and development for Transport Canada.

The logical change would be to move the standards closer to the four km/h U.S. standard mandated, wrote Lavoie, because the current system makes it more expensive for auto makers to sell cars here (costs that are passed on to Canadian buyers in the form of higher prices) and also delays or limits the import of some vehicles, usually limited volume but highly desirable models. "The end result for consumers is a potentially smaller consumer choice and an increase in car purchase prices," Lavoie wrote.

Canadian standards are meant to ensure that suspension, engine, headlight and brake components that are key to a vehicle's safe operation are not be affected by low-speed parking bumps. Yet the government says there is ample evidence that aligning the Canadian bumper test speed with that of the U.S. National Highway Transportation Administration standards would not make Canadian cars less safe.

"In terms of safety, a ... report prepared by NHTSA in 1987, indicated that the change in the bumper standard from 8 km/h to 4 km/h in 1982 had not affected the protection of the safety related parts," wrote Lavoie. "Thus, the Department believes that it is time to revisit the Canadian bumper standard and determine whether it is justified to maintain or amend the standard."Evidence suggests that Canada's unique bumper rules reduce repair costs over the lifetime of the vehicle, but they also increase costs and fuel consumption, wrote Lavoie.

Transport Canada finished a consultation period on Dec. 31 on a number of proposed bumper changes focused on aligning the standards.

Given the furor over Canadian vehicle pricing compared with similar models in the United States, and the increasing number of Canadians buying south of the border, the relatively unsexy bumper issue may get a lot more attention this year.

Mibz
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Well that's pretty cool.

EDIT: I love how both my posts were merged on top of each other.

Mibz
01-05-2008, 11:14 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/202161/transport-canada-rescind-or-harmonize-bumper-regulations/

300zxfairlday
01-05-2008, 11:16 AM
:repost: :closed:

tom_9109
01-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Its cool that we've gonna be allowed some of the awesome cars we want. but in all reality I feel its a step backwards. Its a good thing to have bumpers that absorb the smaller impacts without allowing the damage to get further into the car. Small fender benders cost more on cars without such bumpers and in larger collisions that energy absorbing bumper reduces the amount of energy exerted on the rest of the car and your body.

But hell, sign me up for an evo.

pinoyhero
01-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Does this mean I can start bringing Mercs over the border without all the hassle, Merc should be trying to block this tooth and nail haha

mx73someday
01-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
Its cool that we've gonna be allowed some of the awesome cars we want. but in all reality I feel its a step backwards. Its a good thing to have bumpers that absorb the smaller impacts without allowing the damage to get further into the car. Small fender benders cost more on cars without such bumpers and in larger collisions that energy absorbing bumper reduces the amount of energy exerted on the rest of the car and your body.

But hell, sign me up for an evo.

Well those same stronger bumpers tend to injure pedestrians more than they should, this is why Austria, France, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Japan, and Australia don't have any bumper impact tests.

Toms-SC
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
GTO

Trini
01-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Evo IX

tom_9109
01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday

Well those same stronger bumpers tend to injure pedestrians more than they should, this is why Austria, France, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Japan, and Australia don't have any bumper impact tests.

Bumpers that can take low impact aren't 'Stronger'. they have materials that are designed to destruct and absorb the impact force. They actually would cause less damage or the same damage to pedestrians.

edit: after a little more though I don't think that a human body has the mass the get through the bumper cover and have an effect on a impact absorbing bumper. I think that a pedestrian is going to suffer the same injuries. broken legs and then hit the hood/windshield where most of the injuries will be suffered.

Ekliptix
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Any update on this? I'm hoping to bring home a car that requires bumper mods, and I'm hoping to save some money by not having to change them.

gpomp
04-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Any update on this? I'm hoping to bring home a car that requires bumper mods, and I'm hoping to save some money by not having to change them.

Canada to harmonize bumper standard with U.S., Europe

Ottawa, Ontario – The Government of Canada has proposed an amendment to the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations that will harmonize the Canadian bumper standard for passenger cars with similar safety standards from the U.S. and Europe.

The proposed amendment would result in one set of globally-regulated test speed requirements for bumper design, which would simplify the design for vehicles destined for the North American and European markets. The proposed change is consistent with the spirit of the Canada-U.S. Security and Prosperity Partnership to reduce regulatory differences and facilitate international trade, while maintaining high levels of safety.

“This proposed amendment would offer more choice to Canadians who wish to import vehicles,” said Lawrence Cannon, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities. “At the same time, it would help to maintain the safety of Canadian roads.”

http://www.canadiandriver.com/thenews/2008/04/02/canada-to-harmonize-bumper-standard-with-us-europe.htm

Eleanor
04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Canada to harmonize bumper standard with U.S., Europe

Ottawa, Ontario – The Government of Canada has proposed an amendment to the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations that will harmonize the Canadian bumper standard for passenger cars with similar safety standards from the U.S. and Europe.

The proposed amendment would result in one set of globally-regulated test speed requirements for bumper design, which would simplify the design for vehicles destined for the North American and European markets. The proposed change is consistent with the spirit of the Canada-U.S. Security and Prosperity Partnership to reduce regulatory differences and facilitate international trade, while maintaining high levels of safety.

“This proposed amendment would offer more choice to Canadians who wish to import vehicles,” said Lawrence Cannon, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities. “At the same time, it would help to maintain the safety of Canadian roads.”

http://www.canadiandriver.com/thenews/2008/04/02/canada-to-harmonize-bumper-standard-with-us-europe.htm

OMG OMG Evo IX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bimmer88
04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Sorry guys but I think you gotta put this into Laymen's terms...

Bumpers... meaning Canada will flatten standards with USA in order to bring in newer or more European cars?

mikestypes
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
So can we now bring in Evo VIII and IX?

Toms-SC
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
No time line given

sputnik
04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I personally would rather get a VW R32 before an EVO.

ryanallan
04-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
OMG OMG Evo IX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its about time !
This is great news

Projek01
04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
really hope they do change it. then the MR-S would be legal here. Slap in a 2ZZ and it supercharge it. Lotus Exige on a budget :bigpimp:

gpomp
04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Projek01
really hope they do change it. then the MR-S would be legal here. Slap in a 2ZZ and it supercharge it. Lotus Exige on a budget :bigpimp: why not just bring in the elise?

Eleanor
04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
End of April is when we'll learn more. Evo, Evo, Evo!

The proposed amendment was published in the Canada Gazette, Part I on March 22, 2008. Canadians have 30 days in which to review the proposed amendment and respond to it. The Government of Canada would then review the comments in order to develop a final amendment for publication in the Canada Gazette, Part II.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/releases/nat/2008/08-h090e.htm

Tik-Tok
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I dunno, I can't see the government doing this, and having it effect older vehicles. I bet they'll bring in the harmonization, but it will be for 2010 cars and beyond.

Crymson
04-14-2008, 04:13 PM
This was in the globe last week

http://www.globeauto.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080410.wh-autobuzz-0410/GAStory/specialGlobeAuto/home

Eleanor
04-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Transport Canada has been planning on implementing a change which would lower Canadian bumper safety standards from the current 8 km/h standard to 4 km/h. This halving of the standard would bring the Canadian testing in line with the regulations of both Europe and the U.S. Apparently, Transport Canada believes that vehicles would be cheaper to import while maintaining automobile safety. In fact, Canadian officials believe that the new standard could actually improve pedestrian safety. Or not, according to the IIHS, which has sent a letter to Transport Canada urging them to reconsider making the change. The IIHS response is pretty scathing, Using words and phrases like "unsubstantiated, incorrect assumptions, ill-informed and misleading," but the response could seemingly be summed up this way: Yo hosers, what were you thinking, eh?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/25/iihs-warns-canada-against-merging-bumper-standards-with-u-s/

Mr_ET
04-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Could this mean the return of a real Type R to Canada:D

schocker
06-25-2008, 09:50 AM
The government has given beyond a gift for rage's birthday
http://gazetteducanada.gc.ca/partII/2008/20080625/html/sor199-e.html
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Eleanor
06-25-2008, 09:57 AM
^ translation into english, please :rofl:

can I import an evo now?

benyl
06-25-2008, 09:57 AM
So does that make the R32, Evo VIII and IX, RS6, MR2, etc... importable?

I think it does!

That means MB cars are up for grabs as well!

A new influx of US cars is coming... lol

benyl
06-25-2008, 10:00 AM
This amendment, for the first time in 26 years, eliminates the barrier to the importation of passenger cars, which do not have bumpers that meet the Canadian bumper safety standard.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Trini
:love: evo IX

Eleanor
^ :clap: :clap: :clap:

EDIT: in reponse to Benyl

Poor 4WARNED :(

benyl
06-25-2008, 10:02 AM
4warned won't be unique anymore...

Who cares, I can now get an EVO IX for CHEAP!

schocker
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by benyl
So does that make the R32, Evo VIII and IX, RS6, MR2, etc... importable?

I think it does!

That means MB cars are up for grabs as well!

A new influx of US cars is coming... lol
Isnt MB still up to them though, same with bmw/mini on what they want to allow in?

This is excellent news though. No more bs bumper nubs.
But EVO's, R32's, GTO's, newer VW products, mr2s, no more having to modify bumpers like on the corvette :clap:

i cant wait. 2004 r32, 19k miles, $19,000 in montana.:drool:

KuruptEX
06-25-2008, 10:06 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

benyl
06-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh wait... that means the EVO X is also up for grabs!!!!

MB requires changes to the bumpers mostly as well as the cluster. That won't change, but it will be cheaper to import MB cars than it is now.

Nothing changes for BMW really.

Hakkola
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM

MB requires changes to the bumpers mostly as well as the cluster. That won't change, but it will be cheaper to import MB cars than it is now.

What changes to the bumper would still be required? Or are you saying that was the biggest change that WAS required?

Can you clarify what you mean?

heavyD
06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Screw all the German bling junk. Is the list officially changed with the EVO IX added?

me&you
06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
"The Motor Vehicle Safety Act allows for the importation of vehicles sold at the retail level in the United States that are not in full compliance with Canadian safety standards provided the vehicles were originally manufactured to comply with all applicable Federal Safety Standards of the United States, and provided they can be modified to comply with Canadian safety standards. Some manufacturers had indicated that the bumpers on certain vehicles manufactured for the United States could not be modified to meet Canadian requirements. This amendment will therefore allow vehicles manufactured for the United States that were deemed inadmissible due to differing bumper requirements to become admissible since bumper modifications will no longer be required."

This amendment will therefore allow vehicles manufactured for the United States that were deemed inadmissible due to differing bumper requirements to become admissible since bumper modifications will no longer be required

benyl
06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

What changes to the bumper would still be required? Or are you saying that was the biggest change that WAS required?

Can you clarify what you mean?

Sorry, I meant the bumpers don't need to be changed anymore.

heavyD
06-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh wait... that means the EVO X is also up for grabs!!!!

You mean we can get an EVO X MR at the real price and not the overinflated Mitsu Canada pricing?

Hmmm. EVO X MR or EVO IX MR.:drool:

projekz
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Does this officially take effect as of now? The RIV has not been updated yet!

heavyD
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by projekz

From my readings it mentioned September 1st.

schocker
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

You mean we can get an EVO X MR at the real price and not the overinflated Mitsu Canada pricing?

Hmmm. EVO X MR or EVO IX MR.:drool:
the only thing i would be weary about though is a new mitubishi with no warranty http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2738/ughdv8.gif

Originally posted by projekz
should be updated soon, they are usually fast with stuff like this, especially when they threw on all those 08s as inadmissible

Aleks
06-25-2008, 10:48 AM
GTO?

schocker
06-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
GTO?
yes

me&you
06-25-2008, 10:52 AM

From my readings it mentioned September 1st.

I see no mention of Sept 1, other than the 2009 deadline for manufacturers to harmonize the manufactured bumper standards.

heavyD
06-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by schocker

the only thing i would be weary about though is a new mitubishi with no warranty

We've purchsed a couple of new Mitsubishi's since 2003 and have never had any warranty work done so I would be willing to forgo that to save $8K. Remember they have better reliability than a Mazda and about equal to a Nissan.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-25-2008, 11:00 AM
If this means I can someday get my hands on a Sagaris, I'm a happy man. :D

Eleanor
06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
If this means I can someday get my hands on a Sagaris, I'm a happy man. :D

TVR :drool: I was waiting for the 15 year rule on that one. (Cause I'd have to wait that long before I could afford one :rofl: )

Tik-Tok
06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Now if only I had $100k, I'd get myself a Tesla

Toms-SC
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Can you hear the Canadian Auto Manufacturers doing a massive face palm right now?

2002civic
06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
so an 2007 rs4 can now be brought in without having to change the bumpers?

VWbloke
06-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Volkswagen R32... mmmmmmh

schocker
06-25-2008, 12:43 PM
well riv website has updated showing the news on the first page, but no updated list yet

i am still wondering though, some vehicles have no details in the inadmissible column while some note that the bumpers dont meet the standard. Would these vehicles be allowed in now or only ones that specifically state that the bumpers didnt meet the canadian standard.

Plasma69
06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
sweet... stoopid question. does that mean i can import the 07-08 evo mr's in? if soo... sweet winter car here i come!

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
so what, i am trying to figure this out.

Are these laws retroactive (hence grandfathering?) or are they from new models forward.

4WARNED
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
4warned won't be unique anymore...

I never was.....Vertigo had one first...

schocker
06-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 4WARNED

I never was.....Vertigo had one first...
It was still very unique though to have here.

Just to sum up
ALL AMERICAN VEHICLES WHICH FOLLOWED AMERICAN BUMPER REGULATIONS BUT DID NOT MEET CANADIAN BUMPER RESTRICTIONS OR REQUIRE MODIFICATIONS TO CONFORM TO CANADIAN STANDARDS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE IMPORTED WITH NO MODIFICATIONS TO THE BUMPERS

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 01:20 PM

Just to sum up
ALL AMERICAN VEHICLES WHICH FOLLOWED AMERICAN BUMPER REGULATIONS BUT DID NOT MEET CANADIAN BUMPER RESTRICTIONS OR REQUIRE MODIFICATIONS TO CONFORM TO CANADIAN STANDARDS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE IMPORTED WITH NO MODIFICATIONS TO THE BUMPERS

but is that effective of the sept. 1. 2009 implementation? or is that retroactive.

I dont want to get my hopes up

schocker
06-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth

but is that effective of the sept. 1. 2009 implementation? or is that retroactive.

I dont want to get my hopes up
retroactive, it said it in the release.

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 01:28 PM

retroactive, it said it in the release.

thanks, legaleze isn't my strong suit

:thumbsup:

4WARNED
06-25-2008, 01:31 PM
[B]

Definitely in agreement here.....still enjoy booting around in it....still wouldn't trade it for the world...maybe add a second one though...

schocker
06-25-2008, 01:33 PM

thanks, legaleze isn't my strong suit

np. This is pretty good news though, i am guessing the list will be updated some time this week still, just might have issues getting insurance and such set up for now as these cars were never allowed here. If we cant import elises/exiges after this we can still have mr2s. Here is the gist of it from the release

The Motor Vehicle Safety Act allows for the importation of vehicles sold at the retail level in the United States that are not in full compliance with Canadian safety standards provided the vehicles were originally manufactured to comply with all applicable Federal Safety Standards of the United States, and provided they can be modified to comply with Canadian safety standards. Some manufacturers had indicated that the bumpers on certain vehicles manufactured for the United States could not be modified to meet Canadian requirements. This amendment will therefore allow vehicles manufactured for the United States that were deemed inadmissible due to differing bumper requirements to become admissible since bumper modifications will no longer be required.

snowboard
06-25-2008, 01:33 PM
retroactive meaning?

heavyD
06-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
retroactive meaning?

EVO VIII & EVO IX.:clap: :clap: :clap:

4WARNED
06-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
retroactive meaning?

Any vehicle deemed inadmissable PRIOR to this new law coming into effect is NOW ADMISSABLE....

1-Bar
06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
edit: what ^^^ said

Fuck, I'm slow this afternoon....:banghead: :banghead:

snowboard
06-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Any vehicle deemed inadmissable PRIOR to this new law coming into effect is NOW ADMISSABLE....

lol, now as in today?

this is pretty exciting for a lot of people!
I may have to look into an evo :D

benyl
06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Did anybody actually read the release?

What a bunch of lazy asses.

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
^^ sept 1 09 it comes in

did you read the thread :thumbsdown: ;)

benyl
06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
^^ sept 1 09 it comes in

did you read the thread :thumbsdown: ;)

No.

Read the release!

Manufacturers have to comply by Sept 1st for new cars. Old cars are retroactively admissible.

You can pretty much import anything today. But I think you might want to give RIV a couple of days to catch up.

benyl
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
on page 2 of this thread:

This amendment, for the first time in 26 years, eliminates the barrier to the importation of passenger cars, which do not have bumpers that meet the Canadian bumper safety standard.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

projekz
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I phoned the RIV and I was told that they will be updating their list of admissible vehicles in the next 7 to 10 days. They also said that cars that were inadmissible because of front bumper non compliance only will become legal for import.

4WARNED
06-25-2008, 01:49 PM
FS: WW 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII, 40k miles, all stock, mature owner....

Asking $33K before Sept 1, 2009...

Asking $20K on/after Sept 1, 2009...

kidding of course....:rofl:

Trini
06-25-2008, 01:49 PM
buddy of mines in Cali. said

"the IX's are holding their value and on average, they are going for ~$27k."

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 01:55 PM

No.

Read the release!

Manufacturers have to comply by Sept 1st for new cars. Old cars are retroactively admissible.

You can pretty much import anything today. But I think you might want to give RIV a couple of days to catch up.

http://www.own3d.at/players/4617/gallery/owned.jpg

heavyD
06-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Trini
buddy of mines in Cali. said

"the IX's are holding their value and on average, they are going for ~$27k."

Yeah I checked out the autotrader.com and they are running between $30K to $24K for IX's.

bashir26
06-25-2008, 02:03 PM
EVO 9 MR here i come WOOT WOOT (once I have money of course :D )

benyl
06-25-2008, 02:05 PM
A low mileage one.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/718631207.html

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 02:07 PM
^^ i dont see a price on that? unless he is asking sticker

bashir26
06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Can you do lease takeovers on american cars if you're canadian living in canada?

benyl
06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
oops, it isn't even an MR.

03ozwhip
06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
everyone has the same idea, i want an evo too but due to everyone else "getting" one i probably wont now.

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
everyone has the same idea, i want an evo too but due to everyone else "getting" one i probably wont now.

i was thinking the exact same thing.

Euro Focus RS anyone?

heavyD
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
oops, it isn't even an MR.

Does the SE package come with the MR BBS wheels?

schocker
06-25-2008, 02:17 PM
first the s2000 then the m3, now the evo, beyond is here to crush your hopes on usdm cars.
Once the list is up i will have to see if i change my choice for summer vehicle quick here, gto would be interesting, dont know what else they will be adding to the admissable list.

heavyD
06-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Just get a VIII to be different.

4WARNED
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM

Euro Focus RS anyone?

Can this even be done? I'm going to ask a dumb question but does the 15 year rule apply here?

The Cosworth
06-25-2008, 02:19 PM
^^^ yeah I am not sure on the implementation on this

me&you
06-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
Can you do lease takeovers on american cars if you're canadian living in canada?

No.

4WARNED
06-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Just get a VIII to be different.

Just not white...:D

Tik-Tok
06-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Can this even be done? I'm going to ask a dumb question but does the 15 year rule apply here?

No. This only applies to AMERICAN cars... cars made FOR AMERICA. 15 year rule still applies to JDM and Euro cars

bashir26
06-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

No. This only applies to AMERICAN cars... cars made FOR AMERICA. 15 year rule still applies to JDM and Euro cars

What is that company that legalize the R34 by modifying it then registering it as kitcars? starts with a 'K'. Anyway can you import these cars?

heavyD
06-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by bashir26

What is that company that legalize the R34 by modifying it then registering it as kitcars? starts with a 'K'. Anyway can you import these cars?

LOL

bashir26
06-25-2008, 02:41 PM

LOL
ITS TRUE! lol

schocker
06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
motorex...didnt their owners go to jail?
only the r33 is really legal in the us, and there are only a handful of r34s which command a very high price.

bashir26
06-25-2008, 02:49 PM
motorex...didnt their owners go to jail?
only the r33 is really legal in the us, and there are only a handful of r34s which command a very high price.
I'll find out what the company is give me 20min.

EDIT

Ok I found it they are called Kaizo Industries http://www.kaizoindustries.com/uni/Z