ZC_CIVIC
12-28-2007, 08:43 PM
the 2nd one rocks...haha

what you mean you aint got no mother f%^king whopper

:rofl: :rofl:

dino_martini
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
"What you mean you aint got no mother fucking whopper?"

Are whopper's any good? I have never had one. The Buger King on Macleod closed down, is there another BK in Calgary?

Sharpie
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
"What you mean you aint got no mother fucking whopper?"

Are whopper's any good? I have never had one. The Buger King on Macleod closed down, is there another BK in Calgary?
There is one in shawnessy.

And what did that one guy says? something about no whoppers is like him getting a fulltime job?

heinz256
12-28-2007, 09:05 PM
"What you mean you aint got no mother fucking whopper?"Are whopper's any good? I have never had one. The Buger King on Macleod closed down, is there another BK in Calgary?
are you serious? lol

BK's are everywhere lol

schocker
12-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Taking a whopper away from the hood is like making me get a full time job. Your going to bring alot of people down

:rofl:
the second one is good

Jay911
12-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Does Burger King still exist in Calgary? The one on 71xMacleod not only closed but got gutted, and the ones in Airways and North Hill are barely open at all any more.

And now they're doing a marketing campaign based on pissing off their longtime customers even more?

I used to virtually live by BK, but Dave Thomas' little girl feeds me now. Hooray for the Baconator.

ZC_CIVIC
12-28-2007, 09:27 PM
there is a BK in shawnassy but its rarely open anymore..and one in crowfoot village but when i use to go to it all the time the drive thru was never open iether...i live by harveys not...good food...get to choose whats on your burger and of how much...its nice!

Maddog55
12-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Double Whopper with Cheese and Poutines....MMMmmmmmm

Calgary BK locations (http://www.burgerking.ca/en/1005/index.php?ville=23&province=1)

dj_rice
12-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55
Double Whopper...MMMmmmmmm

Calgary BK locations (http://www.burgerking.ca/en/1005/index.php?ville=23&province=1)

Thats a womans burger...this is a real mans burger

The Octo

O16L4-FUpNI

Sharpie
12-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

The Octo

O16L4-FUpNI
That guy is my hero

pf0sh0
12-28-2007, 10:21 PM
hahhahahahahhaah

:rofl:

SR240SX
12-28-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL

"what the fuck you talkin bout fuck me..you betta go find some whoppas biiieetch!"

Street_Soldier
12-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Today I had 3 whoopers. Damn good!

The best burgers are.

Burger King Whooper
Wendy's Triple Burger
McDonald's Big Mac

dj_rice
12-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Locally, Boogie Burgers pwn all...

but In N Out double double animal style is :thumbsup:

Gainsbarre
12-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

The Buger King on Macleod closed down, is there another BK in Calgary?

:eek: since when? Damn, I remember that being the one I went to as a kid, as my parents though it was the closest one to where we live after the one at Northland shut down in the early 90's (it was converted into the Cheesecake Cafe that's there right now).

Well, I go to the one at the food court in Bankers Hall, so if you work downtown that one is a possibility.

dino_martini
12-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre

:eek: since when?

I just noticed it was closed when I drove by on Boxing Day. There are no signs on the building or anything

Sorath
12-28-2007, 10:58 PM
ahaha its working i want a whopper now

frozenrice
12-29-2007, 12:19 AM
haha great campaign and awesome reaction vids. That Reagan Burns guy is hilarious. And the gangster dude in the hat cracked me up.

But seriously, something is going on with BK in Calgary. Seems like every one that I go to is having problems. Shawnessy was closed at lunch hour on numerous occassions. I tried the one on Macleod in October and it was closed at 6:30pm on a Friday night and a week or two later it was closed down. I went to the one in Crowfoot once this past ummer and it was closed because the stoves were supposedly not working.

5hift
12-29-2007, 12:43 AM
The one on 16th ave just past Sait/Northland Mall is still going good. I've been there at different times and both the restaurant and the drive thru are always open.

sexualbanana
12-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
haha great campaign and awesome reaction vids. That Reagan Burns guy is hilarious. And the gangster dude in the hat cracked me up.

But seriously, something is going on with BK in Calgary. Seems like every one that I go to is having problems. Shawnessy was closed at lunch hour on numerous occassions. I tried the one on Macleod in October and it was closed at 6:30pm on a Friday night and a week or two later it was closed down. I went to the one in Crowfoot once this past ummer and it was closed because the stoves were supposedly not working.

The only one I've seen problems with was the one on MacLeod by Chinook. The hours were totally fucked, but I assumed that they were just getting hammered by staffing shortages. The one I went to by Northill didn't seem like it was having any trouble.

urban.one
12-30-2007, 06:26 PM
I hate Whoppers. Havent had on in years.

When I was in undergrad there was a BK near the bar we used to go most often. The BK was the closest place open after the bar closed and $0.99 Whoppers was the deal back then.

In a 6 month span I totally ODed on Whoppers. Man, I can still remember the gross BK aftertaste in the morning and the smell of the burps... ugh. Even the morning beer sh!t smelled like Whopper.... and the sesame seeds!

Before that I may have had BK a handful of times in my life and since then I think Ive had a chicken sandwich once while on a road trip.

A big Fock U to BK and the Whopper.

beecue
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
:rofl: BK has the best commercials too

Mazstyle
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Great marketing, I rarely fall for "ads" but now I'm craving BK.

88CRXGUY
12-30-2007, 07:09 PM
haha..*taking a whooper from the hood is like making me get a full time job* lol..

rated_R
12-30-2007, 08:33 PM
fuck..im gonna head down to a burger king just right now...this shit is making me hungary

BK FTMFW

Gainsbarre
12-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I put on 30 pounds from eating at the BK in Bankers Hall about 2-3 times a week back in 2005 (granted I went from about 125 pounds to 155 pounds). The coupons on the back of their receipts ("get a free whopper or chicken sandwich with the purchase of any size drink & fries after responding to our brief sruvey") kept me going back, as it would get me lunch for under $4 -- I think there was even a column in the newspaper about either Jim Buckee (CEO of Talisman Energy) or one of his close associates that was hooked on the same coupon thing.

I haven't eaten there in a while though. The last chicken sandwich I had was disgustingly lathered in so much mayonnaise that the piece of "chicken" slipped out of the far side of the bun as I was trying to eat it, falling into my lap (giving me white stains on the crotch of my pants -- just great). Haven't eaten there since.

Crymson
12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
I put on 30 pounds from eating at the BK in Bankers Hall about 2-3 times a week back in 2005 (granted I went from about 125 pounds to 155 pounds). The coupons on the back of their receipts ("get a free whopper or chicken sandwich with the purchase of any size drink & fries after responding to our brief sruvey") kept me going back, as it would get me lunch for under $4 -- I think there was even a column in the newspaper about either Jim Buckee (CEO of Talisman Energy) or one of his close associates that was hooked on the same coupon thing.

HA! THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I started working in bankers hall in 2005 and over the year, i probalby went from 195 to 230, and i attriute that to BK or Burboun street chicken.

The Buckee thing was funny. He was spotted in the BK line with a Total executive which prompted takeover rumours of talisman, driving the stock up by about 20%.

urban.one
12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
UPDATE 1-Breaking up may be too hard to do - Talisman CEO
Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:05pm EST

Some of the stock gain in December was due to market rumors about a takeover by France's Total SA (TOTF.PA: Quote, Profile, Research) after Buckee and a Total executive were spotted having lunch together at a Burger King restaurant in Talisman's Calgary office tower.

Buckee pointed to a coupon for a free Whopper hamburger that an employee gave him, along with a memo suggesting he use it whenever Talisman's stock needs a lift.

DonJuan
12-30-2007, 10:49 PM

The Octo

O16L4-FUpNI

That is the American Dream!

mugen6
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
It would have been funny if dave chappelle had a skit in the second vid. hahahaha

eblend
12-31-2007, 02:45 AM
I think its due to staff shortages. I remember when those xbox games came out, i tried the one on macloud and they had signs that only drive through is open, as they don't have enough staff to actually have the sitting area opened

gpomp
12-31-2007, 03:15 AM
i prefer brooke burke.

em2ab
12-31-2007, 03:43 AM
That shit is hilarious.
I went to Burger King last week for the first time in about 15 years and had a Whopper just because of this ad. It was wicked, I didn't realize they're so good!

funkedelic
12-31-2007, 04:12 AM
whoppers are the shit, i love the poutine at BK too.. that shit is making me hungry right now

that second vid is hilarious, and i can't believe that dude was attempting to eat that huge ass burger lol. We use to do shit like that when i worked at a&w for a few months back in high school. fully loaded 4-6 patties, 2 pieces of cheese and bacon in between each piece of meat lol. The heart attack burger!

/////AMG
12-31-2007, 04:32 AM
I want one so bad now!

Numi
12-31-2007, 04:34 AM
lmfao
"taking the whopper away from the hood is like me getting a full time job"

haha thats awsome.

Crymson
12-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic
whoppers are the shit, i love the poutine at BK too.. that shit is making me hungry right now

HA! yah, i used to think it was good, until i found out that a whopper, poutine, and a coke is 1500 fucking calories and like 78 grams of fat

Sharpie
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

HA! yah, i used to think it was good, until i found out that a whopper, poutine, and a coke is 1500 fucking calories and like 78 grams of fat
You should probably get a diet coke next time.

Gainsbarre
12-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

You should probably get a diet coke next time.

Reminds me of this Beavis & Butthead episode that takes place at Burger World (I believe it was "Rabies Scare" -- the one where Beavis got a bunch of customers sick after constantly scratching his crotch with the spatchula used to flip burgers). This BEAST of a woman orders a ridiculous amount of food, and of course, tops her order off with a diet cola.

em2ab
12-31-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.khalisi.com/comics/bnb/burger04.jpg

Gainsbarre
12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by em2ab
http://www.khalisi.com/comics/bnb/burger04.jpg

:) , but I'm pretty certain that's from the "Vaya Con Cornholio" episode (Beavis becomes Cornholio after drinking too much of the new drink offered at Burger World...it was either called "Buzz Cola" or "Volt Cola"). Beavis winds up getting deported in the end... and spouts off some hilarious lines ("no man should be without TP / from where I come from we have no bunghole" and so on). I also love how Mike Judge made the US immigration officers look like complete fools (e.g. the one guy struggles with three simple words in Spanish and has to read them off a sheet of paper -- "tiene sus papeles? tiene sus papeles?")

Just realized that I gave the wrong episode title earlier...I was describing the episode caled "Tainted Meat".

As for Burger King...eh, I might give em another shot if I can find my last receipt from them somewhere in my drawers at work. I first saw the ad about a week and a half ago in the US and also though that it was pretty well done.

Bimmer88
01-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Best marketing ever!!! I thought it was all fake but now its real.. damn

old&slow
01-01-2008, 05:53 AM
"I need a whooper like nicole richie need 2 pounds"

pinoyhero
01-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I love the campaign its actualy quite funny, "I wanna talk to yer manager"

Donmega
01-01-2008, 06:09 PM
probably the most disgusting burger out there :barf:

Bimmer88
01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
"I need a whooper like nicole richie need 2 pounds"

bawhahahahaha it's more like 10...

theken
01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
i havent had a whopper since vegas, but they are damn good, i will go tomorrow, not because of the advertising, because i like them so much, awesome ads though for sure

^AznDragon
01-02-2008, 12:06 AM
fcuk i fell for it

Speed_69
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
just had a whopper yesterday..damn good:thumbsup:

^AznDragon
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
this is the smartest ad i seen

Canmorite
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Locally, Boogie Burgers pwn all...

but In N Out double double animal style is :thumbsup:

White Spot BC Burger (not sure the name in Alberta). Triple O sauce FTMFW :thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
01-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Donmega
probably the most disgusting burger out there :barf:

This thread is about burger king, not CK4500's mom.