PDA

View Full Version : Quickest in Calgary

Geeboy
07-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Just wondering who got the quickest/fastest car in town. Street legal daily driver. Open to all not just imports. Post some times and mods and make us envious or laugh our brains out. I hope to have my time in the middle of August once my car is back together. Here's a taste- Stainless tubular manifold. TO4 Compressor with 56 trim wheel and T350 turbine (good for 680hp@28psi),
780cc injectors, CP 9:1 pistons, Eagle rods, 1G head, 3" O2 eliminator, Apexi N1, Garret front mount core, SAFC-2, Greddy Profec B Spec 2, 3" Cat, ACT 2600lb clutch, and lots'a tuning time.

rage2
07-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Toma runs 9's in his Normally Aspirated Mustang... on 92 octane Mohawk Pump Gas too!

THREE40SEVEN
07-22-2003, 09:08 AM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/albertastreetcarstats

syeve
07-22-2003, 09:10 AM
I love bench racers...BUT Brad ran a 12.3 when his car was pushing about 375 Whp. He dynoed last year at just under 500 WHP...he took it to the track but stock axels and tranny prevented a good run...he drives it everyday and it scares the CRAP out of me.

EDIT: Ya, just read above thread...

ls/vtec-crx
07-22-2003, 10:17 AM
For imports i think Mike has the fastest street driven car. It's the Supra that ran 11.3 in edmonton last year. And for domestic i think it's between Toma's mustang and a black Challenger with a huge blower in it.

jdmakkord
07-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
For imports i think Mike has the fastest street driven car. It's the Supra that ran 11.3 in edmonton last year. And for domestic i think it's between Toma's mustang and a black Challenger with a huge blower in it.

That challenger has since been parted out and sold, the owner built up that crazy mustang that was at world of wheels, with the huge 572 ci merlin motor with the blower on it. It is street driven and should run sub 9's for sure.

Ekliptix
07-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Toma runs 9's in his Normally Aspirated Mustang... on 92 octane Mohawk Pump Gas too!

I think it uses Nitrous.
That's not NA i believe.

Geeboy
07-22-2003, 01:20 PM
I've seen toma's stang and he's got a cartech turbo underther hood. This was 3 years ago so I don't know if he changed anything cuz he gave me his bag of ice for my manifold but a stupid turbo firefly blew it's tranny and we both never got to run @ the end of that night.
My best time with a 16g stock intercooler was [email protected] @17psi that night.

rage2
07-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I think it uses Nitrous.
That's not NA i believe.
If I remember right, he ran high 9's without nitrous. And mid 9's with nitrous. And his car is NA, no turbo, no supercharger.

rage2
07-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
"Street legal" is interesting, I suppose its in the 'eye of the beholder'. I would think street legal is completely the way it is normally run on the street(all DOT), Not drive to track then slicks added or boost turned up or different fuel. Rage 2, impressive time/mph with the 951, you running street tires during that run?

haha Street Legal... my 951 isn't street legal. It's got a ricer exhaust tip... even got a ticket for it! :). It's tough to define street legal these days...

As for my run, it was done on Kumho 712's... 2.4s 60ft time if I remember right. I was babying the launch because I didn't want to break my CV joints. I only care about mph anyways (as long as I'm in the 12's lol!)

Ekliptix
07-22-2003, 03:36 PM

If I remember right, he ran high 9's without nitrous. And mid 9's with nitrous. And his car is NA, no turbo, no supercharger.

ok, I did'nt know that.

I also was confusing NA with "All Motor". duh.

rage2
07-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
I know Remi, did you end up with a 16v head on that car? I was going to buy his turbo S and build a full race car out of it...couldnt come to an agreement on price. I always like the 951, I've driven a few on the track fun cars...on boost.
in the 12's on 712's that crazy, big power.
haha small world... My dad and I knows Remi too. In fact, he's the one that inspected my 951 when we first bought it 10 years ago. My custom front intercooler vent panel on the car was hand hammered out by Remi 2 years ago. Amazing work.

I just bought a whole bunch of goodies from him. I'm still using the 8V head on the car... too much fabrication to use a 16V head. I bought his Rothmans cup tranny, crank, rods, main bearings, and a bunch of misc crap for my spare motor.

w3apon
07-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

ok, I did'nt know that.

I also was confusing NA with "All Motor". duh.

I wouldn't call Nitrous "Naturally Aspirated".

GQNammer
07-22-2003, 05:29 PM
What colour is this stang?

Ekliptix
07-22-2003, 05:48 PM
check out www.tomak.net

rage2
07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
The header and turbo plumbing is a bitch with the 16V head. If I remember right, Remi had his turbo sitting in the passenger footwell... he cut a hole through the firewall for the turbo :).

Yea I've seen the 968 Turbo around, that's Darcy's car. I read about it in Excellence, then saw it at Eau Claire like a day later. I walked up to him and asked about the car, if that was the "excellence" car, he said yes while shutting the window on me. Kinda rude.

Haven't seen the car around Calgary much. I keep hearing rumors about the motor being blown, but I also keep hearing of people in Vancouver spotting the car. I also saw some posts on 968.net of him talking about pulling 9 sec runs in Seattle, but never posted a timeslip... can't say if it was really him though.

It's an interesting car that's for sure... very impressive when it first came out. The bodywork on that car is amazing... love the fender flares, totally GT3 style. I actually did my car up to try and beat this car's power after reading the article. I think I'm fairly even with the car's power on pump and race gas, but I'm 100% sure the 968 has way better low end grunt than my motor.

Lump
07-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Geeboy
I've seen toma's stang and he's got a cartech turbo underther hood. This was 3 years ago so I don't know if he changed anything cuz he gave me his bag of ice for my manifold but a stupid turbo firefly blew it's tranny and we both never got to run @ the end of that night.
My best time with a 16g stock intercooler was [email protected] @17psi that night.

correction - toma has 2 mustangs - one with a 460 and one small block with turbos.

The 460 was knocking on 9's last year on motor and came very close - i bet he goes 9's on motor this year. he sprayed it at the shootout and w/ a fat tuneup went just into the 9's - he's got a lot left in it.

I went a 9.34 last year, but most would contest my car's streetability (although it's quiet, has full interior, runs on 92 and i drive it to the track.)

there should be some quicker cars out this year but it's almost august and talk is cheap. Internet talk is even cheaper! :zzz:

Joe Malms
07-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Mike actually ran an 11.18 if im not mistaken.
It was @129mph .
And low boost...for him at least..hahah 1.3bar.
I think he's got some tricks up his sleeve for this year.

colinderksen
07-23-2003, 10:43 PM
I dont know who Mike or Mau are personally but according to the street car stats Mau ran a 11.1@129. Wouldnt he be the fastest import?
And didnt Toma use an Incon Kit? I could be wrong.

Wrath
07-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
http://www.members.shaw.ca/albertastreetcarstats

Anybody got any new stats to add.......I must say the imports are getting beat on this year....other then the talon boys from edmonton nobody form calgary has submitted a new "best" to me

rage2
07-30-2003, 02:54 PM
All the fast guys are hiding this year :).

I'm hoping to break in the 944 motor before year's end though.

JustinL
07-30-2003, 04:17 PM
All the fast guys are hiding this year :).

I'm hoping to break in the 944 motor before year's end though.

I'm eager to see how fast this thing is once you get everything back together! You'll be able to break a CV joint at will.

Bring it up in september for v8less SCC.

Justin