PDA

View Full Version : To any that work at Drive Thrus:

Maddog55
12-29-2007, 09:24 PM
SMARTEN THE FUCK UP AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR JOB!!!!!

nothin but a bunch of gum-snapping-pimply-faced mouth-breathers.

GAWD!!!!!! I've been to three different drive thrus this past week and every one screwed up the order royally. Even after repeating the whole order correctly back to me.

I go thru McD's in Shawnessy...and a big order and he hands me three bags...."Thats it?" I ask..

"yes"...

"Are you sure..seems kinda small"...

"no thats all...thank you"

Fuckin snotnosed teenager forgot one whole damn bag of food. Then after I drove back down and found the manager (who was out on the floor mackin on his skanky-ho 13 yr old g/f) Gives me the rest of my order with a stupid look and pretends like he just solved the problem by saying..."Im sorry sir"

Then tonight just sent me over the edge. After all this talk about Whoppers, I go to the Deerrun BK.

Not a SOUL AROUND....restaurant is closed, no other cars, just me. I order a 6 item order. She repeats it back to me. Give's it to me, I quickly look thru it, but its dark and I'm sick as a dog and just want to get home and eat.

I get home and SHE FORGETS ALL MY FUCKING FRIES!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So TWICE now I've had two drive two return trips just for these morons to make the order correct.
I demanded that she "comp" my meal for all the bloody hassle and she looks at me like I just asked for the world...

"I can't do THAT sir.." with a wide stupid deer-in-the-headlights look. All the while some stupid little 16 yr old that weights about 90 lbs is acting like the "tuff guy" giving me the eye like he's gonna control this wacko customer.

"What are you looking at dipshit....go get me my food"

What the fuck do they do back there??? How fuckin hard is it to get a 6-item order correct??

/rant

wooosahhh...wooosahhhhh

jdm_eg6
12-29-2007, 09:34 PM
i agree, same with that cocky bitch at A&W off of 36th and 16th... Jesus christ get off your Hi Chair you douche, just because were drunk you have no right to be such an ass and act all high and mighty

ZC_CIVIC
12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
try going to a mcdees and getting a mini chicken burgar of the mcdeal meal thing and it didnt even touch the deep fryer it was still raw and was like room tempature, my sister got food posining from it and well thats still and on going settlement with mcdonalds right now...they trying to settle for free mcdees 1once a weekd for 1 year for her and her family... NOT...so shes fighting for money since she was sick for 1 week and missed work. so its interesting!!!1 oh yeah that came from the shawnassy mcdee's, never going there again!!!!

dr_jared88
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
a couple years ago my neighbours ordered mcdonalds got home to find a rag in one of their burgers. big lawsuit happened from that. dont know if they ever got it settled cause they moved. maybe becasue they became rich.... lol

and then today i ordered a grilled chicken and they gave me a crispy chicken in a grilled chicken box. i hate their crispy chicken burgers :(

G3)Rider
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
ya i hear you man.
i go to the mcdicks on 17th.
ask for a regular meal for myself and 4 happy meals for my nieces.
i go pick it up. he gives me all medium size drinks. and i ask the guy, why are my drinks medium, they should be kid sizes.
so the douche charged me for medium drinks...
i wasnt impressed but i just got off work and wanted to eat my food and get the hell home.

FiveFreshFish
12-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't leave until I check the contents of the bag.

dr_jared88
12-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I don't leave until I check the contents of the bag.

me neither. but if the box says "chicken mcgrill" i assume its the correct burger inside. and its rag free lol

TomcoPDR
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55
his skanky-ho 13 yr old g/f)

Pics in the jailbait thread?

I never liked that Shawnessy one (the one by the Co-op gas pump right?)

This spring/summer, for some reason (maybe store was busy or something), the delivery driver just left cart loads of buns, boxes (I'm assuming freeze burgers, frieds, nuggets, etc..) on the lawn... (on the grass where the intersection is)

HPR
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I find it even worse in the NE. 90% of the time I go through drive thru the service is horrible and so is their english.

12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Tim hortons is the worst for big orders, im not kidding when I say they have not got ONE of my orders right.

And I agree with the OP. Most of these kids are making $12+ an hour, do your fucking job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toyboy88
12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, every ti McDonald's when my sister orders GRILL en, they give her the CRISPY en in the GRILL en box too... :dunno: :thumbsdow

Supa Dexta
12-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I went to a fuckin humtys in GP last night, got seated quickly and she brought my ice tea and menu, and then never came back, walked by a few times and didnt look at me, the other waitresses walked by when i made eye contact.. I got pissed, left and threw a tonnie at them on my way by.. that grinded my gears..

grrrouch
12-29-2007, 10:58 PM
lol dude there low lifes working at drive through's..what do you expect? Maybe you should stop going to drive throughs 3 times a week then you wouldnt have this problem hahah:drama: :drama: :drama:

j.ng-
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM
thats why egging the drive thrus feels sooo goood :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
12-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Enrich?

jason9945
12-30-2007, 02:23 AM
I completely agree! Its not that hard to get shit of a counter and stick it in a bag.

My new personal pet peeve is not getting forks or spoons as needed. Am i supposed to eat my chili or baked potato with my hands?

nismodrifter
12-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Best Mcdonalds = the one in Midnapore. Went there yesterday and service was great. Seems like it's under new ownership or something, all Asians working there and they seem to care about what they are doing. I was going to go to the Shawnessy one but decided not to because that place seems to be so busy all the time. Went to Midnapore instead and it was dead quiet.

The exit out of the drive-thru is a little steep but I got out of it fine in my dropped Jetta w/GLI lip. Mad skillz are necessary to exit this one without scraping.

I avoid eating anything in the Shawnessy area. Too many stupid idiots working there I tell you.

max_boost
12-30-2007, 03:13 AM
I order a 6 item order. She repeats it back to me. Give's it to me, I quickly look thru it, but its dark and I'm sick as a dog and just want to get home and eat.

I get home and SHE FORGETS ALL MY FUCKING FRIES!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I demanded that she "comp" my meal for all the bloody hassle and she looks at me like I just asked for the world...

So you get 5/6 items. For the one item that was missing, you demand that she comps your meal? Can't side with you on this one. Mistakes happen.

dj_rice
12-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I was at a A & W drive through a few weeks ago, ordered 2 meals, came to $11, paid with a $20, as shes about to ring it in, the guy in the drive through behind me starts ordering before she says Can I take your order, so she pauses for a moment with my $20 in her hand to tell him to hold on for a moment...then the cook from the back hands me my food, and I proceed to drive off, once I get home, I realized...opps I didnt get my $9 change...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Originally posted by max_boost

So you get 5/6 items. For the one item that was missing, you demand that she comps your meal? Can't side with you on this one. Mistakes happen.

What if it was 6 combos..that is 6 orders of fries missing...and lets say its $1.59/fries, $9.50 worth of food missing...and cost of gas + time to drive back...not worth a comp?

And to Maddog...if you frequent that drive-thru alot, I'd recommend you go to a different one after what happeend, unless you like burgers with extra spices/sauce

max_boost
12-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

What if it was 6 combos..that is 6 orders of fries missing...and lets say its $1.59/fries, $9.50 worth of food missing...and cost of gas + time to drive back...not worth a comp?

I'm noticing a lot of you guys on here expect to get your meals comp. for any reason possible LOL

BTW, it's a whole different story when you are missing 6 orders of fries. How can you not notice? Anyway.....

OK, even then, it would make zero sense for the business to give you all your money back and give you all the food.

Solution is simple, correct the order first and then offer free g/c or vouchers redeemable whenever.

I run a restaurant and deal with customer complaints from missing items from time to time, if I had to comp. a meal every time we forget to pack something, tomorrow I close down!!!! :rofl:

dj_rice
12-30-2007, 03:49 AM

I'm noticing a lot of you guys on here expect to get your meals comp. for any reason possible LOL

BTW, it's a whole different story when you are missing 6 orders of fries. How can you not notice? Anyway.....

OK, even then, it would make zero sense for the business to give you all your money back and give you all the food.

1. Offer some free shit on top of your order
2. Return part of the bill
3. Free G/C, vouchers for next time

I run a restaurant and if I had to comp. a meal for everytime I miss a Sweet & Sour Pork, tomorrow I close down. :rofl:

I was gonna say that, I'm sure ur against comping since you run a restaurant :rofl: :rofl: cuz that would be taking away from your profit margin...

In a way I do agree with you about not comping everything, but on one hand, I've had tons of food missing from my orders and most of the times I just let it go since its $1-2....but yeah your right, correct the order, then give vouchers for next time is the right thing...

And hell yes people wants comps for any reason, this is Beyond, we all cheap mofo balla posers...we dont drive AMG SLK55/WRX's....but anywayz I've never asked for a comp myself, I just let them know they missed an item and expect them to replace it..:thumbsup:

On a sidenote, can I get the name and directions to your restaurant?

rinny
12-30-2007, 04:11 AM

GAWD!!!!!! I've been to three different drive thrus this past week and every one screwed up the order royally. Even after repeating the whole order correctly back to me.

You eat that much fast food? Disgusting. Maybe the high fat intake is stressing you out.

Mr_Blonde
12-30-2007, 10:04 AM

You're missing the point. Because an item(s) were missed the customer has been put out and now has the hassle of driving back to the restaurant to get the order fixed. The original order is now cold. It is a reasonable expectation to not only get the entire meal comped, but to get all new fresh food as well as a couple of apple pies tossed in there. I'm sure everyone here would like to eat the entire meal as they ordered it, not a burger and a drink now and eat the fries 20 minutes later.

One happy customer is worth the minute cost of making it right....not because of the two people they will tell about the positive experience, but of the 12 people they WON'T tell of the negative experience....

EK 2.0
12-30-2007, 10:07 AM

I run a restaurant and deal with customer complaints from missing items from time to time, if I had to comp. a meal every time we forget to pack something, tomorrow I close down!!!! :rofl:

hahaha...Russell Peters...

TE4MFaint
12-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Maybe you should stop wasting your life away on fast food and try making a fucking sandwhich.

EK 2.0
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint

Maybe you should stop wasting your life away on fast food and try making a fucking sandwhich.

sandwich...

Mr_Blonde
12-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow....roll out of bed and hit the floor?

Way to add some substance to the thread....:thumbsdow

Maddog55
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM

Solution is simple, correct the order first and then offer free g/c or vouchers redeemable whenever.

But see, Max..you GET the point. You offer to fix the solution and keep the customer happy. GC's, a little extra thats gonna go a long way. This girl just offered to give me my correct order in the first place and that was all. And I've spent probably $5 in gas and time etc. That is a reasonable offer.

My biggest point is...there was no excuse for this. Three ppl working in there. NO other customers around. no cars when I rolled up and none when I came back down. it wasn't 6 orders of fries...it was 6 items TOTAL..and she forgot the fries.

Secondly I don't expect comped meals for any little reason and I've been shorted dozens of times going thru drive thrus...normally I just shrug it off. This is the first time I've ever gone back and asked for a comp. But it just came at the worst possible time. I was sick...aching all over, too sick to make dinner for the kids, it was hard enough getting dressed and driving down there...and then to come home and the kids dont get thier stuff I have to do it all over again. You know how it is..

Folks..I think we just found our snot-nosed pimply-faced mouth breather who works at a drive thru and can't spell. Have you even started shaving yet?

"wasting my life away on fast food?" Here's a thought mr (or is that mrs?) Faint....try running a Construction business, working 60 hours a week, managing employees who depend on you, and raising a family with one special needs child....until you've walked a mile in my shoes....SHUT THE FUCK UP

urban.one
12-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Dude, maybe spend some money at a quality establishment or make your own meals at home.

You get what you pay for. Fast food = shit food + shit service.

That pimply faced kid probably jizzed in your sandwich and spit in your drink too.

You offer to fix the solution and keep the customer happy. GC's, a little extra thats gonna go a long way. This girl just offered to give me my correct order in the first place and that was all. And I've spent probably $5 in gas and time etc. That is a reasonable offer.

Folks..I think we just found our snot-nosed pimply-faced mouth breather who works at a drive thru and can't spell. Have you even started shaving yet?

"wasting my life away on fast food?" Here's a thought mr (or is that mrs?) Faint....try running a Construction business, working 60 hours a week, managing employees who depend on you, and raising a family with one special needs child....until you've walked a mile in my shoes....SHUT THE FUCK UP

Whats the point of comping you or giving you gift certificates? You still keep coming back regardless of the crappy service you get. Look at all the fuck-ups you talk about yet you keep going back to the same chains and probably the same locations. Fast food restaurants know their customers are like you and will keep coming back regardless of what they do.

And its great to here that you feed your entire family fast food because you are too busy to make sure your kids geta proper meal.

SMARTEN THE FUCK UP AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR JOB!!!!!

nothin but a bunch of gum-snapping-pimply-faced mouth-breathers.

I go thru McD's in Shawnessy...and a big order and he hands me three bags...."Thats it?" I ask..

"yes"...

"Are you sure..seems kinda small"...

"no thats all...thank you"

Fuckin snotnosed teenager forgot one whole damn bag of food. Then after I drove back down and found the manager (who was out on the floor mackin on his skanky-ho 13 yr old g/f) Gives me the rest of my order with a stupid look and pretends like he just solved the problem by saying..."Im sorry sir"

Then tonight just sent me over the edge. After all this talk about Whoppers, I go to the Deerrun BK.

Not a SOUL AROUND....restaurant is closed, no other cars, just me. I order a 6 item order. She repeats it back to me. Give's it to me, I quickly look thru it, but its dark and I'm sick as a dog and just want to get home and eat.

So TWICE now I've had two drive two return trips just for these morons to make the order correct.

"I can't do THAT sir.." with a wide stupid deer-in-the-headlights look. All the while some stupid little 16 yr old that weights about 90 lbs is acting like the "tuff guy" giving me the eye like he's gonna control this wacko customer.

"What are you looking at dipshit....go get me my food"

What the fuck do they do back there??? How fuckin hard is it to get a 6-item order correct??

/rant

wooosahhh...wooosahhhhh

Canmorite
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
"Does that look like spit to you?"
"Ya"
"Ah, fuck it"

Maddog55
12-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
And its great to here that you feed your entire family fast food because you are too busy to make sure your kids geta proper meal.

Another dipshit that can't read or spell. (here=hear) I wasn't too busy...I was sick. You don't know me, you don't know how I provide for my family. So, again, here ya go (http://stfu.eikern.net/?name=Urban.one)

Maddog55
12-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
"Does that look like spit to you?"
"Ya"
"Ah, fuck it"

rofl...got a chuckle out of that. Hey..what we don't know won't hurt us, right?

TrailBlazerSS
12-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
Dude, maybe spend some money at a quality establishment or make your own meals at home.....

Let's be realistic here. Most people in this world eat fast food from time to time (albeit not usually 3 times a week :) ).

However, is it so much to ask that the people who are serving us take their job somewhat seriously? It doesn't even have to be fast food. Service providers in general, especially in Calgary, are for the most part, lackluster.

I realize there are labor shortages, but I've had several experiences (even at the doctor's office 2 days ago) where I didn't even receive a 'hello' or 'thank you'. A person is lucky to receive a grunt from them. What's the issue here anyway? In the end both parties end up irritated and crabby… maybe that’s their goal?

Pihsiak
12-30-2007, 12:15 PM
fire in the hole if the don't comp your meal or if they fuck up again

http://www.break.com/index/fire-in-the-hole-compilation.html

max_boost
12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Blonde

You're missing the point. Because an item(s) were missed the customer has been put out and now has the hassle of driving back to the restaurant to get the order fixed. The original order is now cold. It is a reasonable expectation to not only get the entire meal comped, but to get all new fresh food as well as a couple of apple pies tossed in there. I'm sure everyone here would like to eat the entire meal as they ordered it, not a burger and a drink now and eat the fries 20 minutes later.

One happy customer is worth the minute cost of making it right....not because of the two people they will tell about the positive experience, but of the 12 people they WON'T tell of the negative experience....

No I'm not missing the point.

If you notice your order isn't right, instead of driving down immediately, call the restaurant and talk to the Manager. A competent one will address it over the phone and offer a solution.

What you are saying is:
I messed up on your order, so to solve it, I should return all your money, recook your entire order and throw some apple pies on top of that? LOL How the fuck is that reasonable? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll give you two choices:
I'll recook the order or a portion of it and drop it off at your house so it doesn't hassle you

or

I'll return your money and you can take your business elsewhere.

Do you really think one customer is going to make that big of a difference to a reputable business?

Bimmer88
12-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh fuck I gotta agree with all you guys...

The fucking Wendy's in Shawnessy... I SWEAR TO GOD!

Those fucking immagrants! Can't get shit right..
So here's what I order.

A 5pcs chicken nugget with sweet and sour sauce
and instead of fries I get the Cesar Salad with extra dressing so (two dressing packets) and ice tea.

SO well guess what you know I repeat the whole thing to him, and he repeats it to me, and I say yes that's all correct.

WELL! when I get to the window to pick up my food GUESS WHAT! THEY FUCKED UP! HOW HARD IS THAT ORDER!

They give me a 5pc chicken nuggets with TWO FUCKING SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE, and no straw with my fuckin ice tea, and my cesar salad that had only one dressing pack.

OMFG I was furious I swear to god next time they fuck up

I'm doing that "Fire in the whole stunt with a fucking STINK BOMB, and SMOKE BOMB!" fuck that place.

It's like the 5th time they've fucked up, and all five times I've ever been there... god all I want is a good tasting salad!

vietdood
12-30-2007, 01:26 PM

If you notice your order isn't right, instead of driving down immediately, call the restaurant and talk to the Manager. A competent one will address it over the phone and offer a solution.

went to the 36th street and 16th ave mcdonalds and they forgot one sandwich in my order. i called them and the bitch said that next time i go there just tell them my complaint and give them my cell phone number and they'll reimburse me my sandwich because she logged the complaint. well when i did that the next day the fucking manager said that if there was a complaint they'd give me a complaint number and not be using my cell number. fast food FTL. i'm glad i stop eating that shit

xmattx8
12-30-2007, 03:07 PM
goto a gym instead? sounds like you eat alot of fast food.

TomcoPDR
12-30-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by xmattx8
goto a gym instead? sounds like you eat alot of fast food.

Dude didn't you read??? I feel for Maddog, people who are in trades, travel on the road for work, usually result to fast food; better than no food.

Why does 90% of threads end up off topic???

The mere fact is that Maddog was just expressing his dissatisfied experience at a particular fast food location. Has nothing to do with how he should eat, what he feeds his family. I didn't get that impression anyways, I would had thought he's buying it for his renovation crew. :guns:

Back on topic: I've notice these past years, in the Evergreen area, and the deep SE/SW, you can't even get fast food employees to UNDERSTAND your orders. :(

Lesson learn is to take the time to check your order before driving out of a drive-thur; never thought it came a day where we had to in Calgary.

Gooseberry
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Bimmer88

So here's what I order.

and instead of fries I get the Cesar Salad with extra dressing so (two dressing packets) and ice tea.

SO well guess what you know I repeat the whole thing to him, and he repeats it to me, and I say yes that's all correct.

WELL! when I get to the window to pick up my food GUESS WHAT! THEY FUCKED UP! HOW HARD IS THAT ORDER!

They give me a 5pc chicken nuggets with TWO FUCKING SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE, and no straw with my fuckin ice tea, and my cesar salad that had only one dressing pack.

I'm doing that "Fire in the whole stunt with a fucking STINK BOMB, and SMOKE BOMB!" fuck that place.

It's like the 5th time they've fucked up, and all five times I've ever been there... god all I want is a good tasting salad!

Wow... who can justify getting so worked up over some dressing? Maybe if they gave you non at all. :dunno:

snowboard
12-30-2007, 03:54 PM
subway is the solution to all these problems!

ps monterey park mcdonalds is the slowest on earth :)

D'z Nutz
12-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
ps monterey park mcdonalds is the slowest on earth :)

They're so slow, it took them over 10 years to get a drive thru talk box.

grrrouch
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM

until you've walked a mile in my shoes....SHUT THE FUCK UP

how about you stop posting threads on beyond about how bad drive thrus are and spend that time making a sandwich....you sound like those people on supersize me saying they have no time...not saying your fat ,but I used to be the same way but it literally takes 10 mins to make a lunch, then you would have nothing to worry about.. just my.02

EK 2.0
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM

So here's what I order.

So, after reading your post I have learned two things. You NEED a straw cause you like to suck on things, and secondly...you like to suck on things cause you want the white dressing for your tossed salad...

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

*insert rimshot here*

Haha...I drove up the the window the other day not even knowing they had a talkbox now...

ianmcc
12-31-2007, 09:45 AM

Try this.....
Stop going there!
Screwed up five times and you keep going back? Who's the moron here?

Kona9
12-31-2007, 10:25 AM

So here's what I order.

Are you kidding me? Lighten up a little there Snap Show! How do you act when REAL mistakes in life occur?

I think we should ALL know that fast food has never really had the best reputation for top notch service. EVER!

Don't be a lazy fool! Check your own fuckin order before you drive away. You still get the missing goods, the employees and management get the point they fucked up, and you don't have to drive all over hells half acre getting angry at minimum wage earning people that really aren;t going to care anymore than they did when they screwed your order up in the first place.

I can't believe how much negative energy people waste on a missing straw or salad dressing packet!

We wonder why people get shot, stabbed, road rage etc. Lighten up a little people....WOW!!!!

rmk
12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

Are you kidding me? Lighten up a little there Snap Show! How do you act when REAL mistakes in life occur?

I think we should ALL know that fast food has never really had the best reputation for top notch service. EVER!

Don't be a lazy fool! Check your own fuckin order before you drive away. You still get the missing goods, the employees and management get the point they fucked up, and you don't have to drive all over hells half acre getting angry at minimum wage earning people that really aren;t going to care anymore than they did when they screwed your order up in the first place.

I can't believe how much negative energy people waste on a missing straw or salad dressing packet!

and we wonder why people get shot, stabbed, road rage etc. Lighten up a little people....WOW!!!!

:rofl: :werd:

lelalong
12-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe if you should WALK into the restaurant to make sure they don't screw up your order. Big orders are destined to be screwed up either way.

And talk to the people nicely. I was witness to this 18 yr old yahoo bitching about his order not being fast enough from McD's. Yeesh...he obviously worked as a tradesman and wasn't in a big hurry. Gives other good tradespeople a bad rep! That kid could have been behind that counter just as easily as those people.

But it always helps to expect little from people I've found lately. And its a pleasent surprise to get someone who cares! :(

88jbody
12-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I have to laugh at times

tim hortons for one I go to order 4 drinks and 2 donuts and I always make sure I make the order clear they always stop me after almost every item and repeat it. if you can't remeber

2L dbldbl, 2m hot choclate and 2 donuts I think you are in the wrong job

on a side note. west hills a&w last I was there I had great service and nothing was missing or wrong (4 person order)

mcD's on 4thst NW just north of 64thave

9/10 times forget the straws, but this I am used to so everytime in subway I grab a few extra straws for times like this. and the 1/10 they don't forget the straws they forget something else.

Bimmer88
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

We wonder why people get shot, stabbed, road rage etc. Lighten up a little people....WOW!!!!

Dude... I sat there at the drive through window, and checked over everything but my gf told me not to go in and not to worry about it. So I was like ahhh fuck ok...

P.S. I'm totally whipped by my gf.

sputnik
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
This thread might need to be translated into a dozen or so languages so that people that work in drive thrus can actually read it.

Kona9
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM

P.S. I'm totally whipped by my gf.

Nuff said!!

pics of the whipper?

phrozen
12-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Originally posted by EK 2.0

Haha...I drove up the the window the other day not even knowing they had a talkbox now...

:rofl: :werd:

wardpr68
12-31-2007, 02:56 PM
this is all quite strange... i dont think i have had a mistake at a drive thru in like 5 years. Or maybe i just dont care enough about it to remember.

Maybe you people order complex stuff....

Like "Big mac... with no middle bun... no sauce... extra lettuce"

My mother taught me that at a young age. haha. She said not to order complex shit because they will just fuck it up.

If i dont want something on a burger... i take it off myself.

toyboy88
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM

A 5pcs en nugget with sweet and sour sauce

They give me a 5pc en nuggets with TWO SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE, and no straw with my ice tea, and my cesar salad that had only one dressing pack.

and all five times I've ever been there... god all I want is a good tasting salad!

Things I got from your post:

- Why are you getting "angry" when they give you an EXTRA S&S sauce? Sure if they didn't give you any you have the right to "complain", but why are you complaining when the give you extra???

- First off, why are you ordering a salad at a fast food place? Because if your trying to pick something else than fries, and eat "healthy", your request of 2 packets of ceaser dressing has the same if not more fat than the fries.

:dunno: :nut:

A790
01-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Do you really think one customer is going to make that big of a difference to a reputable business?
I completely agree with everything you've said other than this.

You own a restaurant, as does my family. We both know that it only takes one person with a chip on their shoulder and enough free time to completely fuck around with your reputation.

Now, something like that hasn't happened to my restaurant yet and I doubt it's happened to yours, but it happens. While I'd never comp someones meal AND cook them a new one, I definitely would attempt to address the situation in the best way that I could. The last thing my restaurant needs is to appear in a paper or something about bad service.

So yea, offer vouchers, discounts, 2 for 1's, whatever to keep the customer happy. Even if they DON'T come back, stopping a potential fire is worth every penny.

Kritafo
01-03-2008, 10:10 AM
we use the McD's on Highway 1/16th ave across from COP at least once a week. We never use to have any problems, now it's constant. We tried using Wendy's and they are no better.

Stale buns, missing straws, no sauce for chicken nuggets and napkins like every time we go. You would think the workers were paying for them out of their pockets! So yeah they even screw up simple orders for 2.

We use fast food once a week on the day when nobody is home to make a meal to take before the kids do an activity right after school. Trust me they don't want another sandwich after school, they welcome the Jr Chicken or whatever it is they get.

Once I got a taco Salad from Wendy's for my kids to share, the opened the sour cream and it was moldy to the top it was the most disgusting thing ever.

Swank
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I gave up on drive thrus a loooong time ago, for just these reasons. Usually I find that if I park and go in, I get my food faster, it's much easier to check your order in a well lit restaurant where you can set the bag down and go through it, and then you can get all of your own napkins, ketchup, straws, etc. You also don't have to worry about dropping your money between the drive thru window and your car which is a baffling ordeal. Oh, and in most restaurants you can see the food being prepped so there's far less loogie concerns. If there is a mistake in the restaurant, they are usually a lot more co-operative in fixing it the way you like because 10 other customers are watching, but in the drive thru it's just them vs you.

You're getting the service that minimum wage pays for, which is rotten I know. There are a few people that work there because they enjoy it and do a great job, but it's a real gamble if you think you're going to deal with one of them more often than not. Your rant is valid for sure.

SilverGS
01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Hmmm I have most problems with delivery of Swiss Chalet. I only go to McD's maybe 1-2 times a month but they are usually on the ball. I do check before I leave though.

Swiss Chalet in Westhills however 95% of the forgets something. I get it delivered so no time loss for me but the delivery driver always has to make a second trip. One time they got it right I was astounded until the next time when they really screwed up.

Overall I think that restaurants, retail, and all lower paying service type places have all gone down hill because:

1. Its hard to keep even snot-nosed young kids working for you since there are so many jobs around for them.

2. Since its so easy to get a job these days, some to get a sense of entitlement and don't give a shit about doing a good job anymore. When the economy turns the other way and its difficult to find a job those will be the people that will have to learn real fast.

Lex350
01-03-2008, 11:12 AM

:thumbsup:

you're buying food from a fast food joint from people with no education that don't give a shit. It comes with the territory.

01RedDX
01-03-2008, 11:30 AM