PDA

View Full Version : thank god for car alarms

ZC_CIVIC
12-30-2007, 02:18 AM
well im one happy some bitch that i have a car alarm, was sitting downstairs and heard my car alarm, ran upstairs and outside to see two lil punks running down the street, i chased em but i lost them but if i didnt have the alarm i might not have my truck right now....so thank god for that alarm....

GenerationX
12-30-2007, 02:22 AM
great thread....... would read again A+++++++

TomcoPDR
12-30-2007, 02:35 AM
What type of alarm, what sensitivity level did you have it?

ZC_CIVIC
12-30-2007, 02:41 AM
its set to the 3rd setting so its medium, but i dont see why they tried to get in since the truck has no locks or door handles its all shaved and opens by remote...stupid kids...but i dont turn on the proxcimity alarm unless i park in the back of my house since i park beside a side walk and people walk by and set it off...but yeah they actually tried to get into the truck thro the window... but im happy i have teh alarm, i turned the setting to 4/5 for the rest of the night if those lil bastards think to come back...

ohhh and its a AUTOPAGE alarm system

dropdat
12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Can one of the mods please ban ZC_CIVIC, I'm so sick of reading his stupid posts in every single thread and im sure there's a few people that agree with me.

ZC_CIVIC
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
well im sure all my posts arnt retarded so back off a bit...if you have such a problem with me stop reading my posts scroll past them...no need to tell mods to ban me for posting...isnt that what a fourm is about...in your mind aparently not...if you keep having problems with me pm me keep it out of the threads

tc3
12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
How about Banning 'dropdat' for using steaks (and not stakes) in his 'What I drive:' portion of his Avatar. Unless you really are driving AAA Alberta beef into the hearts of Vampires?!?

jay42w8
12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
hahaha....steaks......what is that stupid fuckin picture he has anyways...? Isn't it that secret gay society? Freemasons?

dr_jared88
12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by tc3
How about Banning 'dropdat' for using steaks (and not stakes) in his 'What I drive:' portion of his Avatar. Unless you really are driving AAA Alberta beef into the hearts of Vampires?!?

hahaha too funny

sr20s14zenki
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
^^+1, its a forum, shut up...

Hakkola
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
:werd:

I actually like this thread, usually I hear of cars getting stolen regardless of having an alarm, good to know they work for some people...

SR240SX
12-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by dropdat
Can one of the mods please ban ZC_CIVIC, I'm so sick of reading his stupid posts in every single thread and im sure there's a few people that agree with me.

Lol that post backfired on yea bud..and yea wtf is up with the weird sig

pf0sh0
12-31-2007, 05:56 PM
I have a compustar alarm, and unhooked the actual alarm so if someone tries to steal my car my remote starts beeping and the theives don't suspect I have an alarm, and thats when I run out with my 9mm. :guns:

em2ab
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
9mm........right........
Anyway, not only an alarm but if I didn't have a pager, I wouldn't have my car today. I caught a guy getting into my car last year when I got the page and went to check it out.

sr20s14zenki
12-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
I have a compustar alarm, and unhooked the actual alarm so if someone tries to steal my car my remote starts beeping and the theives don't suspect I have an alarm, and thats when I run out with my 9mm. :guns:

i like your idea tho (= disable the siren...then the last thing they hear is you coming up behind them, but then it doesnt draw anybodys attention in broad daylight, in say a parking lot or something. Then again, nobody looks anymore anyways.

pf0sh0
12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah, everyone finds the alarm too common. I only hook it back up if my 2-way is out of range.

analbumcover
12-31-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by dropdat

heys not as bad as rollinv4l
that guy makes threads about what cereal he decided to eat for breakfast

fuck i hate that guy

JRSC00LUDE
12-31-2007, 07:36 PM
waffle.

Canmorite
12-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by tc3

:rofl:

Intent_Fire
12-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by tc3

lol, best thing i have heard all day.

turbo4dr
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Intent_Fire

lol, best thing i have heard all day.

HA ha alberta beef that made my day

Cooked Rice
12-31-2007, 09:38 PM
I have a perimeter sensor on mine. I guess it helps deter vandals since they don't have to even touch your car to set it off. It lets off warning chirps if you walk around it, and if you keep poking around, it sets off the alarm. Sometimes it can be annoying if you set it off accidently.

jay42w8
01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
that's kind of useless though cuz it only takes a second to break a window or key your car....

88jbody
01-01-2008, 05:41 PM
antoher thing that is nice is if you place an extra siren inside so if they open it the sound is loud enough they won't stay in long enough to even grab your change :thumbsup:

My car I don't lock, I have nothing other then a $30 used cd player and some change, had people steel the change a few times and make a mess but that is cheaper then a window

Cooked Rice
01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
that's kind of useless though cuz it only takes a second to break a window or key your car....

yes but then again anyone who really had the guts would break into anything alarm or no alarm. it scares off dumb little vandals tho... and friends who like playing pranks... (toilet paper) :banghead:

TegLover
01-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by ZC_CIVIC
well im one happy some bitch that i have a car alarm

I got that same god dam problem too Cletus! Them damn nagger some's of bitches keep banging on the hood of my pickup.

Kloubek
01-01-2008, 10:21 PM
My first car - a 1981 Supra. (What a sports car!) jk

I installed a cheap audiovox system on it. Cost me something like 40 bux. The worst alarm in the world. But one day my gf and I were playing minigolf, and it went off. I ran over, and saw some dude walking directly away from the car. I ran to the car, to discover the passenger door slightly open, and my gf's purse on the seat. She didn't lock it! But when the alarm went off, he chose not to grab the purse in hopes I did not chase him I guess. And weighing about 50 pounds less than I do right now, I didn't even try anyway.

As annoying as alarms CAN be, they certainly serve a purpose. And the money was certainly well spent in my case.

Jlude
01-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

I got that same god dam problem too Cletus! Them damn nagger some's of bitches keep banging on the hood of my pickup.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

black_radiation
01-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

Totally *signatured*

That definately made my night lol.

Redlyne_mr2
01-02-2008, 01:59 AM
He's banned....which one of the other mods did this? Are you part of dropdats secret gay society as well?