PDA

View Full Version : Silver Nissan Road Rager

mwmhong
07-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Around 9:50 PM last night, I turned off Macleod onto Westbound Glenmore and attempted to change leftward into the center lane to pass this big safeway semi truck and this Silver Nissan comes barreling in and almost sideswipes me (he wanted the same lane). I backed off, this guy didn't even hesitate and continued along at high speed, so I decided to rage behind this guy for a bit.

Total jackass is driving through busy traffic, cutting left, right and center and tailgating every car all down Glenmore. People are honking, flipping middle fingers at this guy. I back down after the Crowchild turn-off. This other guy in an old white boat takes over (LOL!) and starts tangling with him, swerving left and right, dangerously cutting off semi trucks. I'm sitting a few cars back watching all this. :nut:

I see the guy in the old white boat who was carfighting the Nissan stopped at a traffic light and had a little chat with him about what happened......
A firetruck goes zooming by a few minutes later and I resist my morbid curiousity to follow it.

The plate was UMP ***. (*=omitted numbers)

Anyone know this car-fighting clown? :thumbsdow

Mike09
07-22-2003, 09:26 PM
What kind of nissan?
Sentra?

ZorroAMG
07-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Shouldn't it have read: "WE the total jackassES were driving through busy traffic, cutting left, right and center and tailgating every car all down Glenmore. People are honking, flipping middle fingers at US." since you were following him the whole time. Don't pass judgement on people when you do exactly as they do. What if YOU caused an accident, were you going to tell the cop you were trying to make a citizens arrest and that it was all his fault? :rolleyes:

mwmhong
07-22-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Shouldn't it have read: "WE the total jackassES were driving through busy traffic, cutting left, right and center and tailgating every car all down Glenmore. People are honking, flipping middle fingers at US." since you were following him the whole time. Don't pass judgement on people when you do exactly as they do.

No it should NOT. Maybe you should not pass judgement on me Mr. Grammar Officer because I did NOT do exactly what he did.

I hung behind and was able to catch up and ride his bumper sometimes because he got held up by traffic ahead, I didn't match him move for move (drafting) when he was dangerously cutting people off.

I was a little ticked because the guy just cut into the center lane just to shove me off from my lane change. I was trying to get in front of a slow-moving semi in the center lane (plus the fact that the right-most lane is a forced exit onto 14ST) and he had A CLEAR LANE ahead of him in the leftmost lane.
He changed lanes ONLY to shove me off, I back off, he occupies the lane for a few seconds and then he goes back into the leftmost lane he came from. I'm like WTF? :guns:

The guy CONTINUED with the jack-off driving all the way down westbound Glenmore, so it wasn't an accidental 'one-time' incident.

After the Crowchild exit, when I backed away (calmed down), the guy in the big white boat flew by me and took his turn at trading shots with the Nissan. That was when it got brutal. Squeezing between a semi and dump truck, etc.

What if YOU caused an accident, were you going to tell the cop you were trying to make a citizens arrest and that it was all his fault?

I wasn't going to perform a citizens arrest, I just wanted to have a friendly conversation at the next light.
Instead, I had a chat with the guy in the white boat.

ZorroAMG
07-23-2003, 10:26 AM
My bad...

sxtasy
07-24-2003, 06:51 PM
there are a lot of total asshole drivers in calgary who think they are hot shit

Joe Malms
07-25-2003, 10:12 AM
calgary has the worst drivers on the planet.
I've driven in ALOT of different cities, all over the planet.
And calgary takes the cake

Abom
07-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms

:werd:

GTS Jeff
07-25-2003, 07:12 PM
And calgary takes the cake so should i believe u or should i believe the professional study done that says calgary is 3rd for best drivers in canada?

Abom
07-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
so should i believe u or should i believe the professional study done that says calgary is 3rd for best drivers in canada?

:rofl: :rofl: That is the dumbest study I've ever heard of. Calgary drivers are the worst I've ever seen anywhere, and I've lived all over Canada. This is also the ONLY city where people insist on driving indefinately in the left passing lane.

Seanith
07-25-2003, 07:49 PM
I wasn't going to perform a citizens arrest, I just wanted to have a friendly conversation at the next light.
Instead, I had a chat with the guy in the white boat. [/B]

so did you just get beside the guy in the boat and say "man that nissan guy is a prick"? what did you guys talk about??

sxtasy
07-25-2003, 08:30 PM
I think it would be difficult to do a study on "best driver". whats the criteria? IMO there are to many people around here that ride your ass, drive very slow in the left lane, yield in merge lanes or drive insanely fast. The worst is yield in merge lane I HATE THAT:guns: :banghead:

Abom
07-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
I think it would be difficult to do a study on "best driver". whats the criteria? IMO there are to many people around here that ride your ass, drive very slow in the left lane, yield in merge lanes or drive insanely fast.

I agree on all your points. Calgary has AWFUL drivers.

GTS Jeff
07-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Abom

:rofl: :rofl: That is the dumbest study I've ever heard of. Calgary drivers are the worst I've ever seen anywhere, and I've lived all over Canada. This is also the ONLY city where people insist on driving indefinately in the left passing lane. well, somehow i think that a paid study is somehow more credible than just some random dude on the internet with zero credentials.

call me crazy...

Seanith
07-25-2003, 10:53 PM
lol

sxtasy
07-25-2003, 11:58 PM
im not saying that im more credible than a "professional study", i am just stating what I THINK is the obvious. too many stupid drivers around here. Look at all of the traffic deaths in the last couple of days. Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it doesnt. But in my experience, i have seen so many stupid drivers in calgary. I'm sure it has something to do with traffic congestion in calgary, all of the construction in calgary and just general driver frustration. All in all i am frustrated with other drivers in calgary

GTS Jeff
07-26-2003, 10:26 AM
im not saying that im more credible than a "professional study", i am just stating what I THINK is the obvious. too many stupid drivers around here. Look at all of the traffic deaths in the last couple of days. Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it doesnt. But in my experience, i have seen so many stupid drivers in calgary. I'm sure it has something to do with traffic congestion in calgary, all of the construction in calgary and just general driver frustration. All in all i am frustrated with other drivers in calgary and im sure that someone who has lived in edmonton their whole lives would say the same thing about edmonton drivers.

bikrbabe
07-26-2003, 01:43 PM
:dunno:... calgary driving is pretty scary, 'specially for us bikers... at least all of the car drivers have something around em to protect them.
I have been followed so close sometimes by people in cars I thought that I was gonna get run over.
I totally agree that lots of drivers have no respect for other drivers here in calgary, and that maybe some should maybe grow a brain to go into those hollow heads of theirs

lol

maybe some drivers training courses would do...
;)

JJLuke
07-26-2003, 05:57 PM

Vegas drivers are worse.

Abom
07-26-2003, 08:53 PM
and im sure that someone who has lived in edmonton their whole lives would say the same thing about edmonton drivers.

I've lived all over Canada, and overseas as well. Calgary has, hands down, the worst drivers I've ever seen :thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
07-26-2003, 09:35 PM

I've lived all over Canada, and overseas as well. Calgary has, hands down, the worst drivers I've ever seen :thumbsdow no, u havent.

JJLuke
07-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Abom,

Las Vegas cab drivers to prove my point:

when we were down there, in the span of two days, we had two cab drivers who nearly clipped a dozen cars together, drove on the sidewalk, ran a red light, never stopped at a number of stop signs, slam the brakes etc. i also saw news footage in the week i was there of nearly half a dozen ppl getting run over/killed, which our four fatalities is a far cry from

Seanith
07-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by JJLuke
Abom,

Las Vegas cab drivers to prove my point:

when we were down there, in the span of two days, we had two cab drivers who nearly clipped a dozen cars together, drove on the sidewalk, ran a red light, never stopped at a number of stop signs, slam the brakes etc. i also saw news footage in the week i was there of nearly half a dozen ppl getting run over/killed, which our four fatalities is a far cry from

sounds like my fool friend when he drives lol partial retard

xkon
07-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
What kind of nissan?
Sentra?

If it was a 240sx i saw it going the very same way last week.... silver, loud exhaust and COMPLETE idiot driving

there are a lot of total asshole drivers in calgary who think they are hot shit

is it me, or is it even worse these past few months? kids are doing things i never would have thought of... and i thought i was pretty bad in my teens

:rofl: :rofl: That is the dumbest study I've ever heard of. Calgary drivers are the worst I've ever seen anywhere, and I've lived all over Canada. This is also the ONLY city where people insist on driving indefinately in the left passing lane.

LOL i agree!!! in the left lane on deerfoot going 90!!!

szw
07-27-2003, 07:41 AM
There was a bit on the news a month or two ago about a study that said Calgary had the most agressive drivers in Canada.

Who cares about the studies though? There are so many stupid studies out there.

Abom
07-27-2003, 12:12 PM
no, u havent.

I haven't lived all over the country? Uhhhhhh....k... :confused:

hampstor
07-27-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by xkon

If it was a 240sx i saw it going the very same way last week.... silver, loud exhaust and COMPLETE idiot driving

If that 240sx is an early s13 hatch with a greasy looking 'country type' guy driving it, I know that guy and he thinks his car is the fastest car around. I am embarassed to drive near him cause he loves to rev that engine for no reason (straight pipe from the manifold back to a 'muffler'. No resonator, no cat).

Oh and yes, he also drives like an idiot.

ZorroAMG
07-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by szw
There was a bit on the news a month or two ago about a study that said Calgary had the most agressive drivers in Canada.

Who cares about the studies though? There are so many stupid studies out there.

Someone should do a study based on all the stupid studies out there and see if the study studying studies is stupider than the studies that it studies....

Ben
07-28-2003, 01:33 PM

Someone should do a study based on all the stupid studies out there and see if the study studying studies is stupider than the studies that it studies....

I Concur... :rolleyes: at studies

All these studies all over, telling us whats good, bad and indifferent. Next person who brings up what study did what can study my foot up their ass.

mad_psyentist
07-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ben

All these studies all over, telling us whats good, bad and indifferent. Next person who brings up what study did what can study my foot up their ass.

:rofl: But ya know, you do have a point. 'Sides, surveys are usually grossly incorrect and leave out very important facts. Every city is plagued with the same dumbass drivers, the same old men in hats piloting land boats, and the same highschool-bait teenage girls yammerin' on cellphones.

szw
07-29-2003, 06:49 AM
being on the roads in other countires makes you realize how great calgary drivers are! so courteous and cautious!

bikrbabe
07-29-2003, 09:45 AM
I don't know about that... this morning on my way to work, this a$$hole semi driver cut me off and nearly ran me off the road at peigan trail and barlow... it was a dual turning lane, are people too stupid to understand what "dual" means? lol... he could've been from outa town tho...:rolleyes:

DSM Power
07-31-2003, 10:41 PM

I've lived all over Canada, and overseas as well. Calgary has, hands down, the worst drivers I've ever seen :thumbsdow

Please... you need to try living in a few other cities... we've got nothing here that you won't find in a lot of bigger places.
:rolleyes: :poosie:

mad_psyentist
07-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

Please... you need to try living in a few other cities... we've got nothing here that you won't find in a lot of bigger places.

Exactly. At least we don't got rednecks in jacked-up trucks rulin' the roads like in Texas. Damn, scary as hell to drive down there.

lammer
08-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by DSM Power

oh yeah..i know what your talking about.

GTS Jeff
08-01-2003, 06:22 PM
ok i take it all back. calgary drivers suck. today while driving home, i encountered a bastard truck bitch.

i was going 120 in the left lane of hwy2, and this bitch starts tailing me like crazy (2 feet maybe?)....so im like, "fuck u...hoe" and i slow down a lot to match the speed of the cars next to me. she goes apeshit and starts flailing her arms around...

eventually she goes to pass me on the shoulder, and ends up turning back into my lane...forcing me to swerve away so i wouldnt get hit. i tried to speed up to prevent her from doing so, but my parents EL was just too damn gutless to do it.

what a hoe.

hampstor
08-01-2003, 08:25 PM
ok i take it all back. calgary drivers suck. today while driving home, i encountered a bastard truck bitch.

i was going 120 in the left lane of hwy2, and this bitch starts tailing me like crazy (2 feet maybe?)....so im like, "fuck u...hoe" and i slow down a lot to match the speed of the cars next to me. she goes apeshit and starts flailing her arms around...

eventually she goes to pass me on the shoulder, and ends up turning back into my lane...forcing me to swerve away so i wouldnt get hit. i tried to speed up to prevent her from doing so, but my parents EL was just too damn gutless to do it.

what a hoe.

You were in the left lane on hwy2? I don't like "drafters" but if you're in the left lane and someone comes upto you you should move over.. that's why the signs says "SLOWER traffic keep right". This refers to if someone is going faster then you, you need to move over.

Besides that, anyone who tries to pass in the shoulder needs their car/truck to end up in the DITCH!

ryder_23
08-01-2003, 10:27 PM

You obviously havnt been to mexico

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-01-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

You obviously havnt been to mexico
:werd:
my buddy wanted to rent scooters while we were there and i said no way

Plus the way the roads work is fuckled up (legal U-Turn from a seperate right lane into a seperate right lane on the other side ...then merging back into traffic)

GTS Jeff
08-02-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

You were in the left lane on hwy2? I don't like "drafters" but if you're in the left lane and someone comes upto you you should move over.. that's why the signs says "SLOWER traffic keep right". This refers to if someone is going faster then you, you need to move over.

Besides that, anyone who tries to pass in the shoulder needs their car/truck to end up in the DITCH! well i was already going 10 over the limit and i was going faster than the cars in the middle lane....so i have every right to be in the passing lane. theres no law or even unwritten law that i have to move aside for some bitch hellbent on unsafe driving.

/////AMG
08-02-2003, 08:33 AM

.....This is also the ONLY city where people insist on driving indefinately in the left passing lane.

:werd: You are right about that, for sure.

mad_psyentist
08-02-2003, 10:39 AM
The worst are those that take it upon themselves to be traffic cops and drive the speed limit in the left lane, then give you the Evil Eye of Hades as you pass them. Grow up.

hampstor
08-04-2003, 07:27 PM
well i was already going 10 over the limit and i was going faster than the cars in the middle lane....so i have every right to be in the passing lane. theres no law or even unwritten law that i have to move aside for some bitch hellbent on unsafe driving.

I don't know if there's a statistic for this, but I'd imagine that most accidents occur when people try to PASS each other because they get frustrated that someone will not move over. Yes there's no law that says you are required to move over, but to prevent people from weaving through traffic and almost killing everyone else (in this case you and her), simply move over for 10s, let them pass, then move back.

Highway etiquette!

Slowing down to block traffic and being the "traffic cop" (as mad psyentist put it) is not going to achieve ANYTHING other then causing the driver to rage, pull a dumb stunt, and either hit (or nearly hit) you.

Feel free to block traffic more often if you want people to rage and put your life in jeopardy.

Ben
08-04-2003, 07:33 PM
I drive in the Left passing lane until someone faster comes along.

Fuck...Deerfoot is brutal, if you drive in the other two lanes your likliness of survival just decreases 12 fold.

hampstor
08-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I drive in the Left passing lane until someone faster comes along.

Fuck...Deerfoot is brutal, if you drive in the other two lanes your likliness of survival just decreases 12 fold.

It's most brutal between glenmore and Peigan (going both directions). That's where all the dumb drivers come out to party!

GTS Jeff
08-04-2003, 09:01 PM

I don't know if there's a statistic for this, but I'd imagine that most accidents occur when people try to PASS each other because they get frustrated that someone will not move over. Yes there's no law that says you are required to move over, but to prevent people from weaving through traffic and almost killing everyone else (in this case you and her), simply move over for 10s, let them pass, then move back.

Highway etiquette!

Slowing down to block traffic and being the "traffic cop" (as mad psyentist put it) is not going to achieve ANYTHING other then causing the driver to rage, pull a dumb stunt, and either hit (or nearly hit) you.

Feel free to block traffic more often if you want people to rage and put your life in jeopardy. dude i wasnt being a traffic cop, i was only in the passing lane to pass even slower cars!

imagine if i had sped up to get out of the way - and then got caught for speeding. what the shit would i fucking say to the cop? "uhhhh i was speeding cuz the guy behind me wanted to pass me and its highway etiquette"

haha NO.

hampstor
08-04-2003, 11:16 PM

i slow down a lot to match the speed of the cars next to me. she goes apeshit and starts flailing her arms around...

Not being a traffic cop...

:dunno:

You just said you were passing the slower cars, but then you slowed down to block her...

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying if someone's tailing you for a bit and if you're in the left lane, maybe consider getting out of the way before you she goes ape on you and seriously hurts you! Take it as how you see it, I don't mean to flame or anything. I apologize if this appears to be a personal attack or anything because it's not :D

GTS Jeff
08-05-2003, 12:01 AM

Not being a traffic cop...

:dunno:

You just said you were passing the slower cars, but then you slowed down to block her...

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying if someone's tailing you for a bit and if you're in the left lane, maybe consider getting out of the way before you she goes ape on you and seriously hurts you! Take it as how you see it, I don't mean to flame or anything. I apologize if this appears to be a personal attack or anything because it's not :D heh i know u arent flaming me man..

anyway, i was originally just passing cars, but she couldnt respect that by keeping a safe distance and waiting for me to do my thing, instead she had to be a bitch and come up really close. so since shes trying to make life hard for me, ill make life even harder for her. i slowed down because i got really mad that she was tailgating me so closely.

szw
08-05-2003, 12:44 AM
maybe she was having a baby

GTS Jeff
08-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by szw
maybe she was having a baby yea, maybe.

Khyron
08-05-2003, 10:09 AM
lol - lane blockers enrage me like nothing else. Just because they have slow POS cars, they try to make everyone else drive slow. They are one of the few traffic offenders where I could see myself actually getting into a fight about it.

If she had knocked you into the ditch, I'd :thumbsup: her. You were being an idiot and a wannabe traffic cop.

Khyron