PDA

View Full Version : Lost a friend

Maddog55
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Just found out yesterday that a friend of mine sadly took his own life. He was a likeable kid and had many friends.

RIP Sean (http://www.legacy.com/can-calgary/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=100419738)

*Edit*: Facebook link: RIP Sean, gone but not forgotten (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6608383855)

He must've been going through some real inner hell.
Sean, I hope you've found peace, buddy....a lot of people will miss you.

In happier times:

http://pokerknightsonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/sjl.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/CalgaryDave/Sean.jpg

kerry
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey man.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss. It's a shame when people don't get the help they need.

Take care, and rest in peace Sean.

Sharpie
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow that sucks. RIP

JAYMEZ
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Thats horrible to hear man. Ive lost alot of friends this way , its really selfish in a way for them to do this to people they love... he must have been going through hell to do such a thing , poor guy.

RIP

urban.one
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
RIP and sympathy to the friends and family left behind especially at this time of year.

euro tang
12-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Whoa, I used to know this guy, went to school with him and he was a really nice person.
RIP

Destinova403
12-31-2007, 01:19 PM
shitty to hear... RIP sean

403Gemini
12-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Thats horrible to hear man. Ive lost alot of friends this way , its really selfish in a way for them to do this to people they love... he must have been going through hell to do such a thing , poor guy.

RIP

Yeah, i've had 2 friends go this way... it's rough cause you cant see/understand why sometimes. One of my friends seemed to be totally fine, then you get a call and man it shakes your world.

Be strong and hang in there buddy, just surround yourself with friends and family.

Kona9
12-31-2007, 02:32 PM
RIP Sean. Sorry for your loss MADDOG!!

EK 2.0
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
I lost a very close friend in the same manner in 2006 man...I understand your hurt.

this is my vent thread on how I was feeling or just needed to say to I dunno put myself at ease I guess... (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/133251/just-venting-/)

RIP to your friend...And strength to you and your friends family.

Maddog55
12-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.

I didn't know Sean for very long...met him when he played poker at my place, and he played here lots.
But he was a very likeable guy and touched everyone who he met. He was kind, thoughtful and ALWAYS had a laugh on his face.

The thing that's hit me the hardest is how I feel for his family. Sean is the same age as my son, and I don't think I could go on in life if that happend to him.

I lost a very close uncle to suicide when I was 16, so I know those exact same emotions you went thru, EK. That was a very powerful thread you penned, well written.

The only thing that helps is time. We're going to have a big poker party to celebrate Seans life with all the proceeds going to an as-yet undetermined charity/organization.

Lucky97
01-01-2008, 01:30 AM
R.I.P i hope he's in a better place

05*CivicRS
01-01-2008, 02:04 AM
R.I.P. sean

Nissanaddict
01-01-2008, 04:02 AM
RIP Sean. That's always sad to hear. While I don't know anybody personally who has that, I have known people in bad spots, and I believed that they might. I'm sure it's a really hard position to be in, especially when it's somebody you're close to. Best wishes to you, and all that knew the guy.
While I never caught your story either Arif, despite the time it's been, I'm sorry to hear about that as well. I agree that you spilled out a lot in your thread, and it was all things I would definitely recommend a lot of people to read. Unsettling. RIP to both of them.

Mr_John
01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55

The only thing that helps is time. We're going to have a big poker party to celebrate Seans life with all the proceeds going to an as-yet undetermined charity/organization.

Not sure about his families financial situation but perhaps the proceeds could go to them?

85regal
01-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

300zxfairlday
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
^^^^ and your an idiot

RIP

85regal
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
^^umm..ok there buddy

SR240SX
01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 85regal
he's a coward....:thumbsdow

Your an idiot...have some respect.

RIP

85regal
01-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

sr20s14zenki
01-01-2008, 09:32 PM
^^^no you dont have the right, when somebody dies you shut your mouth and keep your opinion to yourself...stupid e-thug.

RIP

Maddog55
01-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Please...lets not turn this into a bashing thread. There's always going to be childish, immature and chicken shit people in this world. Let Regal run his mouth off , like a kindergarten fat kid bully. He shows more about himself than anyone else.

85regal
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
running my mouth?? wow...People are free to leave a comment if you post...don't like it..don't post...

sr20s14zenki
01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
^^^how about have some common sense you idiot, youre just posting here to stir the pot. Would you walk up to a group of people and tell them their friend who killed himself was a coward...id really like to see if you had the grapes to do that, youre a coward running your mouth on an internet forum where youre safe...pussy

Kloubek
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
We live in a country where people are free to say as they please. However, common courtesy and sense would indicate you keep comments like this to yourself regal.

I battled severe depression when I was a teen, and trust me - the pain can get so great that it's nearly impossible to keep from taking your own life. You feel like there is nothing to live for. No future... only pain. And you just want it to stop. I understand that if someone hasn't had to deal with this before, he might be inclined to make uneducated remarks such as yours. Such an individual may want to research it, as a little understanding can go a long way.

OP: Sorry to hear about your loss. It's so unfortunate when a kid feels this is his only way out. :(

85regal
01-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Maddog55
01-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice post, Kloubek. Thank you.

phrozen
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
That's such a coward's way out ,
no offense to you but sorry for your loss.

May he R.I.P.

Rat Fink
01-01-2008, 09:56 PM
ok listen fucknut...you are running your mouth, not me..I left my comment same as you. And it's not an uneducated remark..I never said depression isn't life crippling but there is always another way to deal with things...

I don't think you fully realize that when a person is in this situation...they really don't see any other way out. A true depression distorts your view on life, ability for clear decision making, etc.

Easy for someone like yourself to make a comment like that when you're on the outside.

Kloubek
01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Regal, try falling into a deep depression, when hope for a decent life seems virtually impossible. Only then can you truly understand what you're talking about. When meds and therapy don't work - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that suicide becomes, sadly, a very viable option.

You have access to the internet. I would consider spending less time placing unwanted comments in such a forum, and spending more time using the technology to enhance your education and intelligence. Both would obviously prove most beneficial.

D'z Nutz
01-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Anymore name calling to the deceased or each other in this thread will result in banning. Some of you guys need to chill out.

My condolences to the friends and family.

doublepostwhore
01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I had a very close friend of mine commit suicide in 2005. Him and I were in the same graduating year, both of us were in grade twelve at the time.
Michael chose to leave this earth fairly abruptly midway through april of our final year; not more then a month after his 18th birthday, and a week past mine.
From an outside perspective he was by all means the picture of perfection; when I speak of intelligent, I do not only mean book smart, but a true scientific philosopher.
He was adored by anyone he ever came into contact with. His sisters and brothers & parents loved him very dearly. It was a tough day for the entire school. He had hung himself shortly after penning a rather optomistic letter for his last refuge.

Sometimes suicide isnt always just "a way out" or a cowards last decision. In the case of my friend, he had very clearly stated that he had felt he had reached the end of his calling in the corporeal sense. He wished to explore the after life. Wether it is my belief that such a thing exists or not, is not of his concern, nor something I can hold as a prejiduce against him. No one should. Until you are within that headspace you cant effectively critisize.

I feel it is wrong to label people cowards and self-fish in the wake of such a horrific event. Out of respect for those who still suffer from depression, and those who are recovering from loved ones whom have commited suicide, it would be best to refrain from posting negative comments.

Maddog55 Know that you are justified in feeling angry, hurt, and depressed right now. Seek all the help you can get. Reject the morons whom dont know what true loss or pain feels like. Live your life for you, But maintain his memory.

Graham_A_M
01-01-2008, 10:21 PM
RIP for your friend, I'm very sorry to hear that, but like that song by Metallica called "Whipping boy"

It sure brings home that nice guys really do finish last, as hard as that is to earnestly grasp.:banghead: :banghead:

adidas
01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
RIP

NATE0513
01-02-2008, 01:39 PM
running my mouth?? wow...People are free to leave a comment if you post...don't like it..don't post...

shame on you! by making such an arrogant comment you place more burden on those who are already mourning the loss of somebody they cared for. you would be best advised to respect the deceased, even more so respect those people who posted here. the thread starter posted here to reach out, I wonder if you know what it is like to have a complete stranger stomp on your feelings.

RIP Sean

*edit* apparently 85regal took my comment as a threat so I edited to be more clear on the point I was making. moving on.

gen2teggy
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
rip, i kno whats its like lossing someone close. my heart goes out to u and n the family

Smokem
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
RIP

85regal
01-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by NATE0513

shame on you! by making such an arrogant comment you place more burden on those who are already mourning the loss of somebody they cared for.

I don't think i'm the one who put the burden on the family and friends. Everyone here is free to leave comments about me and what I post, just as I'm free to leave comments in response to what Everyone else posts. Mods can delete my posts, but I did not call people names, or personally attack any members here. I stated my opinion which I'm free to do on a public forum. I don't force my opinions and beliefs on other people, don't force yours on me.

NATE0513
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
This is my last reply to you in this thread. When you make comments to justify your opinion and this comes at the expense of other peoples feelings around you that is arrogant.

adamc
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Holy shit, he was at my table the first time I played at Dave's house.

I actually think he was the one that took me out of the tournament, with a quick call on my short stack q6d all in.

RIP

syeve
01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
RIP :(

im2fst4u
01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
There aren't any words to ease the pain. You try to think of some but there are none that are applicable. It's nameless, answer less. To say anything abrupt at all is less indemnity than insult; but those thoughts are far from your mind I'm sure.

A lot of times we place ourselves in the past when things this horrible occur. We try answering questions that again have no answers; what if, what could i have done, why?

There are no answers to these questions, and the more we go back to them, the more we hurt. Only know that even if we struggle forward, if the best we can do is step forward lightly, even as we look back, that is all that can be asked from us. And eventually, we grow stronger.

If I could say any one thing that would be of some consolation, I would, maybe these words are some, but I doubt the power of words in a situation like this... feelings are much stronger than words, and feelings always win.

My thoughts are with you.

RIP to your friend.....

JordanEG6
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I've very sorry to read about your loss. My condolences to you, his friends and his family. RIP.

Maddog55
01-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by adamc
Holy shit, he was at my table the first time I played at Dave's house.

I actually think he was the one that took me out of the tournament, with a quick call on my short stack q6d all in.

RIP

You're right Adam. He actually went on to win that tournament. In fact he holds the record for consecutive wins, winning 4 in a row within 6 days early last summer.

He will truly be missed by all who ever met or played with him. Thank you to all of you who said kind words and showed respect.
With that I would like the mods to close this thread.

RIP Sean........