PDA

View Full Version : any wheel shops that can fix scratches on rims

rollinv4l
12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I just got a set of rims that were used and they had used the older method of weights and now there is marks from where these used to be is there any shops that can fix this, and there is a few scratches on the lip, is there any shops in Calgary that can fix this.

Graham_A_M
12-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Call up GSL Chev city, and talk to the sales manager. They deal alot with this mobile wheel repair person. He does WONDERS with rims, but I completely forget the guys name....

Calgary Wheel repair is it?

Anyway, call and ask
-Good luck:thumbsup:

bbrannan
01-02-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.albertawheelrepair.com/

rollinv4l
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
ok some of the pictures of before and after are amazing. Has anyone on here had any work done there before on there rims if so how are they.

Sharpie
01-07-2008, 07:06 PM
AWR does good work, it just takes a while sometimes. But I haven't dealt with them for a while so they may be better now, for turn around times..

rollinv4l
01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
yeah I dont know how much it is going to cost me, all that I really want repaired is there is old places where they put the outside weights on the rim and have left a few scrathces and kinda a outprint of the weight on the lip.

Sharpie
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by rollinv4l
yeah I dont know how much it is going to cost me, all that I really want repaired is there is old places where they put the outside weights on the rim and have left a few scrathces and kinda a outprint of the weight on the lip.
I am pretty sure its ~$150/rim but that is what I was quoted to paint them. So in your situation it may be less. Just call them and find out.

buh_buh
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
try metal polish and some elbow grease before you decide to drop $150/rim at a wheel repair shop.

rollinv4l
01-11-2008, 10:00 PM
:thumbsup:

Thank you for the polish tip did it and got most of it off well good enough for me that you can't barley see the mark's