PDA

View Full Version : Idiot with bad judgement

redbeast
01-01-2008, 02:19 AM
This happened on a recent trip to San Francisco.
We were just finished eating at a restaurant and saw this nice blue G35 trying to parallel park between 2 cars. The spot was very tight and this person kept trying and we were so amused we just stood and watched. This person knew the spot was too small but kept adjusting and trying to fit. Finally the car got into the spot but not after scraping/hitting the car in front and behind. I was wondering who this idiot is and it was a middle aged lady who came out. I yelled at her saying she hit the cars and she looked at me like I was the idiot and she said really?? So she bent and leaned over checking the cars and she had this look like 'no it looks fine' and proceeded to walk away.

Look carefully at how close she is to the 2 cars

I was just amazed that there are humans who are just plain stupid out there and they are driving on our streets. She is brainless and I don't know if its ignorance or just plain stupid.

Anyways enjoy this pic.

takemtochurch
01-01-2008, 02:25 AM
thats such a photoshop its impossible to parrallel park into that spot unless she was dropped but a helicoptor.... or the other cars just boxed her in

01RedDX
01-01-2008, 03:01 AM

muse017
01-01-2008, 03:05 AM
It's possible...just take little more time to get it done.

Check out this video of crazy Korean dude:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS99XYyf2Hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS99XYyf2Hc

mrbojangles
01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by takemtochurch
thats such a photoshop its impossible to parrallel park into that spot unless she was dropped but a helicoptor.... or the other cars just boxed her in

Remember that when you parallel park, you are coming in at an angle. You are pivoting on the rear wheels into the parking spot.

redbeast
01-01-2008, 12:29 PM
It is definately not photoshopped. I don't even know how to photoshop. This is in Japantown in San Francisco, I took the photo myself. She spent a long time getting in and I give her credit for accomplishing that. I wouldn't waste my time putting bullshit photoshopped pics up here.

Thanks

Lucky97
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
how the hell would you get out if the car in front and behind didn't move?

TomcoPDR
01-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
^ No actually that's exactly how they park in New York lol
That's big city life for ya

frozenrice
01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by takemtochurch

Were you at Walmart in Westbrook the other day? I swear I saw your car. It had a similar decal on the rear quarter with the Tunerworks logo on either the rear window or license plate frame.

redbeast
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Funny thing is when we finished walking around and we caught a cab we saw her in the process of trying to get out. Most likely caused more bumper damage to the cars to the front and rear. I honestly do not know how she got out. Maybe after multiple adjustments she probably did get out.

civic2001
01-01-2008, 04:39 PM
im going to have to agree, it looks photoshoped. the nissan looks really bold compared to the cars on either side of it. it just doesnt look right.

EDIT: NVM i take my previous statement back,it looks legit, the shadows on the ground from the rain and the cars reflection would take HOURS to do properly, damm, its hard to beleive that drivers like this exist.

TegLover
01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
thats how they park in the US, if you think thats bad NY is much worse. When my parents were in NY they witnessed a guy force his car into a spot similar to that pic by bumping into the car in front and behind. This was in broad daylight on the side of a busy street. I haven't been to NY but people have told me their cars are pretty beat up down there.

Idratherbsidewayz
01-01-2008, 05:52 PM
In some places in Europe they leave their cars in neutral with no handbrake and you bump move them to get in.

swipey13
01-01-2008, 06:04 PM
i doubt thats photoshopped... if it is they really took a long ass time making that reflection of the car on the road

mark4091
01-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah I've seen a guy try and do this, he managed to get his civic in but smashed the car behind him pretty good.

The stupid part is that there was tons of parking ahead of him, I was trying to figure why the hell he was trying to park in this spot.

phrozen
01-01-2008, 06:26 PM
ROFL,It doooooes look Photoshopped, but i've seen it done
in Edmonton, lol.

check this evo, he knows how to park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DheMlMNLcE&NR=1

redbeast
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow some of you guys are brutal! Again I'm the one who took the picture and I can tell you its not photoshopped. I would not waste my time posting a photoshopped picture for kicks. I know its hard to believe but I saw it with my own eyes and she did manage to get in that spot. Yes there are people that stupid in the world.

sjaswal
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
That's why the cars have bumpers, those people realise it's just cars and not appendages (sp?)

PeterGTiR
01-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
^ No actually that's exactly how they park in New York lol

There's an episode of Friends about this where Ross buys a sports car and he keeps edging back and forth trying to get out of the spot...heh

max_boost
01-02-2008, 12:55 AM
:eek:

403Gemini
01-02-2008, 10:49 AM
ever been to san francisco before? they all have bumps and dings on their bumpers so to them this is normal. i'll only ever drive a rental car down there...

01RedDX
01-02-2008, 10:58 AM

anarchy
01-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Holy fuck that is a tight parking job lol.

rage2
01-02-2008, 11:14 AM
With the new no meters parking in Calgary, it's gonna happen to us soon. The city wants us to cram as many cars as possible in every parking zone.

And yes, it's completely normal in big cities like NY and San Fran. Bumpers are used for just that... bumping. Everyone does it, and everyone scratches the hell out of everyone's bumpers. It's not considered hit and run.

cloud7
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2
With the new no meters parking in Calgary, it's gonna happen to us soon. The city wants us to cram as many cars as possible in every parking zone.

Yes it is a bad idea for the City to do that as a short term fix for a long-term shortage of short-stay parking. From watching Canada's Worst Driver, a lot of people don't know how to parallel park properly. If someone park that close to my car, I would be royally pissed and there will be repercussions.

HPR
01-02-2008, 02:29 PM
^ What's even worse are the idiots that take up too much space making it very difficult to barely fit your car in. Almost forcing you to do what the OP has shown us. Or the ones that I swear park almost 2 meters away from the curb.

frozenrice
01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
^^^^ :werd: There are the people who can't judge distance and leave enough room in front of and behind them to take up an extra parking space or two. I paralleled into a spot once where a lady did this. I had about 6" between me and her front bumper. She left a note on my window because she was pissed that I parked too close to her. She must have had a hard time getting out of her spot. I guess she didn't see that she had about 2/3 of a car length behind her to back up and then drive out.

Numi
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
haha drivers in San Francisco are crazyyy. I went down there this summer and dont get me wrong there cars are insane, you sit downtown and evo's, tuned porche's, bentley's, maseratti's, ferrari's, you name it. but like over 50% of their cars got body damage and there roads are so narrow.

Heres a picture i took from infront of the one hotel:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/-scarface-/DSC00966.jpg

and in the middle of downtown =)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/-scarface-/DSC00936.jpg

Ballllinnnn

lianli
01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by phrozen
ROFL,It doooooes look Photoshopped, but i've seen it done
in Edmonton, lol.

check this evo, he knows how to park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DheMlMNLcE&NR=1

that was from a jacky chan movie haha

benyl
01-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Dunno why you guys think it is a chop. Here is a pic I took in Chicago.

http://www.benyl.com/Beyond/M3/2.jpg

max_boost
01-12-2008, 02:02 PM
^^

How do you get out? :confused:

pf0sh0
01-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^

Looks to be impossible.. unless someone moves. :banghead:

benyl
01-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Haha, that isn't my car. It was a car I spotted while BMW was turning on my DRLs and changing my odo to kms from miles.

rage2
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^

You bump. That's what bumpers are for in big cities.

KRyn
01-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Wow that takes skill.

bituerbo
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Any new car I by is going to have 3M clearshield installed on front and rear bumpers.