PDA

View Full Version : BC tickets?

bksze
07-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Anyone know if out of province tickets do anything to affect our insurance?

Specifically, I got a ticket coming back from BC and I was just curious as to know if it will cause me any demerits.

TIA

B17a
07-22-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm told it shouldn't. I got one 2 summers ago and I don't think it affected me. Check with Bol, I think he got his pee pee slapped pretty good with a few hundred in tickets in BC.

ryder_23
07-22-2003, 04:36 PM
My dad got one last year. Didnt affect his demeritts in ab, or insurance...dunno if that changed...cause the demeritts system in bc is different. Yet if you get alot in bc, and get a ticket, you can loose your liscence out there, if you have enough demeritts etc...Gotta run, so this is brief, but you should be good. peace

ecstasy_civic
07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
i got a $680 ticket there last summer, and it never showed up on my insurance.

rage2
07-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Because traffic laws are different throughout each province, their demerits (and record) does not transfer from province to province.

civiclvr
07-22-2003, 10:00 PM
so if i was to switch my licence over to a AB one from a BC one... my demerits wouldn't show up? not that i am thinking of doing that... am a student and get cheap BC insurance!! lol

Khyron
07-22-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure BC, AB and Sask share driver records - or so I was told a few months ago by insurance co. You usually need more than 1 ticket to drive up your rates tho. Try not paying a BC ticket - will it show up when you try and register? I dunno.

Khyron

rage2
07-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
I'm pretty sure BC, AB and Sask share driver records - or so I was told a few months ago by insurance co. You usually need more than 1 ticket to drive up your rates tho.
You were lied to. Sask doesn't even have demerits AFAIK.

Originally posted by Khyron
Try not paying a BC ticket - will it show up when you try and register?
Nope, it has NOTHING to do with AB registration. They will, however, get a collection agency after you eventually...

Abom
07-22-2003, 11:57 PM
rage2 is correct, demerits and records aren't inter-provincial, and they can't not-renew your AB license if you got a ticket in BC and decided to not pay it.

Melinda
07-23-2003, 12:46 AM
My dad got a BC speeding ticket quite a few years ago and he only paid it a few months ago...they'd send him a letter every 6 months or so but everything was empty threats...he used to be a AMA insurance agent so he knew what he could get away with...he told me the only thing they can do is give you some severe problems if you go back to BC and get caught again...

Abom
07-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
he told me the only thing they can do is give you some severe problems if you go back to BC and get caught again...

Or if one day you move to BC, they won't give you a BC drivers license until you pay the fine.... including all late fees.

redec
07-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2

You were lied to. Sask doesn't even have demerits AFAIK.

they never used to, they do now tho....they just started in like the last year or so...