PDA

View Full Version : Man mistakes wife for intruder, kills her

anarchy
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.wapt.com/news/14962750/detail.html

NATCHEZ, Miss. -- A Natchez man shot and killed his wife when he mistook her for an intruder in their home, according to police.

Police Chief Mike Mullins said Glenn and Deborah Mizell awoke around 4 a.m. Tuesday to the sound of their barking dog. Mullins said Glenn Mizell went to investigate, taking a pistol with him.

Mullins said Glenn Mizell began checking through the house and was unaware his wife had left the bedroom and gone into the kitchen. Mullins said when Mizell saw her figure in the dark, he fired his gun once.

Authorities said he shot Deborah Mizell, 49, once in the chest and died at the scene.

Mullins said a preliminary investigation shows the shooting was an accident.

Toms-SC
01-02-2008, 02:05 PM
kay

Jlude
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
So terrible...

Speed_69
01-02-2008, 02:15 PM
that's sad...

littledan
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
how do they know it was an accident and he didnt just pop her in the kitchen on purpose? either way thats terrible.

anarchy
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by littledan
how do they know it was an accident and he didnt just pop her in the kitchen on purpose? either way thats terrible.
That's what I was thinking too.
I mean chances are it was an accident if that's what the investigation seems to reveal, but what if they just got in a fight or something and he just shot her and said he thought it was a burglar.

Regardless, that's sad, especially if it was an accident and that's how he lost his life. I'd like to hear the NRA's spin on this one.

lexIS300
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
how do you not notice your wife not in bed?

anarchy
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by lexIS300

I think they heard a noise, he went downstiars to check it out thinking his wife was going to stay in the room, but she went to the kitchen (I have no idea why) and when he went there and saw her shadow/figure he shot her.

But that's what makes the story kind of fishy. Why would the wife go investigate and explore the house on her own when there is a potential burgular in the house and her husband is roaming around with a gun?

joyridder
01-02-2008, 02:43 PM

Exactly??? I notice when my Bf moves or even breathes...possibly because I am a light sleeper, but still...
such a sad ending either way

topmade
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by joyridder

Exactly??? I notice when my Bf moves or even breathes...possibly because I am a light sleeper, but still...
such a sad ending either way
Come on guys, read the post.

"Glenn and Deborah Mizell awoke around 4 a.m. Tuesday to the sound of their barking dog. Mullins said Glenn Mizell went to investigate, taking a pistol with him."

Hubby went to check out the noise while his wife was still in bed, she got out after he left.

^AznDragon
01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
wow sad

shoot 1st ask questions later

NATE0513
01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
ouch... now he has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Mr_ET
01-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Hurray for guns once again:thumbsup:

How about a golf club, a bat, turning on the light, screaming at the intruder....

Dumbasses + Guns = FTL

SJW
01-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Just read what state this is from..........it'll explain everything. Further south you get the dumber you get.

http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

Lex350
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by littledan

I was thinking the same thing.

Splooge
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
that sucks