PDA

View Full Version : uofc math diagnostic test

colt22
01-02-2008, 08:31 PM
has anyone wrote the math diagnostic test reviewing mathematics pure 30 (highschool) for getting into courses like calculus. You need to have a 7\10 to pass the test.

is it hard? what are the questions like? what should i review most from math 30

thx

menzel
01-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Make a summary of each unit. Review the sections that you had the most difficulty with, because there's no telling how the questions are going to be distributed (ie what's going to be covered).

Originally posted by colt22
has anyone wrote the math diagnostic test reviewing mathematics pure 30 (highschool) for getting into courses like calculus. You need to have a 7\10 to pass the test.

is it hard? what are the questions like? what should i review most from math 30

thx

DarkDream
01-08-2008, 03:09 AM
you need a diagnostic test to take calculus?

sexualbanana
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DarkDream
you need a diagnostic test to take calculus?

If you get less than like a 75% in Pure Math 30, you have to take a diagnostic test to prove that Calculus wouldn't be over your head.

I failed it and had to take a continuing ed class my first semester. Basically like high school math all over again.

colt22
01-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I failed it and had to take a continuing ed class my first semester. Basically like high school math all over again.

yeah i looked into that too. Do you know if you can take it during the spring- and if you do it does it count as your diagnostic test?

im basically screwed ive gotta get into calc but im worried im never going to pass the diagnostic test.

sexualbanana
01-09-2008, 02:44 AM
don't know about the timing. i took it in early sept before classes started (9/11, actually. no joke), failed it. so i registered in the fall math course, and took calculus in the winter