PDA

View Full Version : is anyone using enmax easymax?

alpha
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm moving into my first house at the end of the month and need to start organizing my utilities. Ive heard about enmax easymax from a friend, she says its great. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it. good? bad? any other suggestions for utilities??

TurboMedic
01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I've used it for 3 years now....its nice having one bill! I had also signed into a contract at the same time which saved me a ton of money in the long run, as it was right before gas prices went thru the roof consistently....No regrets about using it here!

alpha
01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
anyone else?

Ed the SOHC
01-05-2008, 07:30 PM
I use it... I haven't see any downside with it yet.

Kaos
01-05-2008, 07:40 PM
When you first sign up you must go with direct energy first (or another company), then after 60 days or so (When the contract actually takes effect) they notify Direct energy and take over.

I'm on easy max but havent been long enough to see any savings =)

black_2.5RS
01-06-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm on EasyMax as well. Had to go w/ Direct for the first month or so before I could switch over. Other than getting charged a deposit (brand new customer, no history w/ Enmax), it's been good. Highly recommend it as:
- it's nice to get everything on one bill
- rates are cheaper than Direct
- you get a small discount for having everything w/ Enmax
- a 5 yr contract w/ Enmax can be cancelled at any time w/o penalty (I know - sounds odd but it's totally true).

Bimmer88
01-07-2008, 12:25 AM
I heard easymax is good for winter... since they have a "fixed" rate correct? and you could basically use as much electricity as you want?

But I'm interested in this program... have had my eye on it for like 2 years now.

Seanith
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
I heard easymax is good for winter... since they have a "fixed" rate correct? and you could basically use as much electricity as you want?

Dude the fixed rate is on how much they charge you per MW or Kilowatt or whatever. You don't just get charged say $50/month no matter what you use lol

Cowtown_Raider
01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm on it too...very convenient

SigmaRacing
01-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Its good for the winter but I found it was still good in the summer. This past summer, my fixed rate was still lower than the normal floating rate from Direct Energy. Its definitely convenient and so far it seems to have saved me a good chunk of cash too. Just don't forget that while you're waiting for it to kick in, your default provider needs to activate you. Otherwise, Enmax won't have a contract to take over and or your default providor won't give you service.

hoamic11
03-10-2008, 09:26 AM
sorry to bring this back up agian,

but for those on easymax plans, besides the gas rate being fixed, are the other fees/charges, like admin, delivery and what not about the same or less than direct energy's fees?

I'm still with direct energy and have been considering switching to the easymax plan now.

Iqoair
03-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Careful with Easymax. The electricity is cheaper, but the gas rate is stupid expensive. Just go with the electricity and let your gas rate float. When I signed up, the floating gas rate at the time was about $5.82 /gj. With easy max they wanted $10 or $11 a gj.

hoamic11
03-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Iqoair
Careful with Easymax. The electricity is cheaper, but the gas rate is stupid expensive. Just go with the electricity and let your gas rate float. When I signed up, the floating gas rate at the time was about $5.82 /gj. With easy max they wanted $10 or $11 a gj.

Ok, well here's the current rates posted for easymax
Elect - 5 yr fixed @ $0.08
1 yr fixed @ $0.09

Gas - 1 or 5 yrs fixed @ $8.95/GJ

And don't know the floating rate price.

Do i assume that the other fees about the same for direct energy to enmax's for the gas?