PDA

View Full Version : Writer's Strike

kaishen
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
anyone knows when this will end? its affecting all of us here...

Xtrema
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Really? Do they send a lot of post production to Singapore?

Last I heard is a stalemate and may last til summer.

TeamBestBud
01-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Lettermans back. and he's got a beard!

Jlude
01-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by kaishen
anyone knows when this will end? its affecting all of us here...

I've just stopped watching TV... Brutal...

Melinda
01-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Now they're saying there's a pretty good chance the oscar's will be cancelled this year due to no one being around to write it. Apparently the screen actor's guild may be following in the writer's footsteps as their contract expires pretty soon as well. Directors too from what I've read. Could get messy!

01RedDX
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM

kaishen
01-04-2008, 10:12 PM
we always focus on the actors, the directors the producers....writes are often ignored unintentionally. i never knew that they were that important until now. its like losing your last finger and u cant function well without it.

Singapore? hmm....on tv runs, some are backdated , some are current shows. i usually get mine on bittorrent downloads as i do not have the time to stick to the timings the local tv is providing. i just watch as and when i feel like it.

good that i din watch prison break 3 when it first came up, shall slowly watch the 8 episodes and pace myself haha...

everyone's affected if the writers go on strike...actors have no jobs...

ryanallan
01-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I actually think that Leno is better with out writers.

Conan is ok, but I can see his show getting to out of hand pretty quick. I don't know how much longer he can keep the excitement in his ring spin skit.