PDA

View Full Version : drinking and smokeing

^AznDragon
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
im tryin to quit smokeing but every time i drink i want a smoke why? when im sober im fine

Speed_69
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
how bout trying to quit smoking?

^AznDragon
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
i did quit but when i drink i want to smoke and i cant help myself lol

Crymson
01-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Same thing happens to me, esp with rum or whiskey. Soon as it touches my lips, i want to smoke, big time. But i'm not trying to quit, so i just go have a delicious smoke.

dimi
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ^AznDragon
i did quit but when i drink i want to smoke and i cant help myself lol

I feel your pain. Every time I drink I wanna blaze up so bad :banghead:

^AznDragon
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
hhaha yea i wonder why?

01-04-2008, 12:08 AM
wait. are we talking about weed here?

^AznDragon
01-04-2008, 12:18 AM
no lol smokes

Kloubek
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
This is very common. Honestly, I would not worry about it unless a) You smoke when you're NOT drinking, or
b) You're always drunk.

jdmXSI
01-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Just get really hammered to the point where you wouldnt wanna smoke anyways. Problem solved:D

j/k im the same way too

barmanjay
01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
quit drinking

I did.

well,.. for 360 days in a year

I quit smoking too (almost 20 years of smoking)

for those few days I smoke prime times,.. dont inhale they'll give you a killer headache

Idratherbsidewayz
01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Get yourself to the point of almost throwing up ,while drinking then have a cigarette and throw up.

Repeat a few times and after a while you won't even be able to be around cigarettes. Worked for me.

Ajay
01-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Get yourself to the point of almost throwing up ,while drinking then have a cigarette and throw up.

Repeat a few times and after a while you won't even be able to be around cigarettes. Worked for me.

That sounds healthy.

I usually only smoke while drinking on occasion and usually only in summertime. Even then it's only a little cigar.

JRSC00LUDE
01-04-2008, 08:08 AM
I recently read, again, about all the harmful health effects of smoking and drinking.

I decided to give up reading.

finboy
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by barmanjay
quit drinking

seems like solid logic to me

JordanEG6
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Maybe 'cause when your drunk you feel the urge to be 'cooler'. "check your ingredients before you overdose on 'the cool" :thumbsup:

No, seriously, I have friends and family with the same problem. I wonder why as well. I wouldn't know, I'm not a smoker, but I'm just curious.

403Gemini
01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

worked for me actually, i haven't touched a smoke in 6 years because of that.

edit:

read - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning

thats probably why, you're so conditioned to smoking when drinking it's more than likely and automated response

LadyLuck
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
i just quit smoking. cold turkey, been 3 weeks and i cant even stand to look at one anymore.

you have to fight it, my biggest challenge was new years eve and i made it.

dont give into it, theres nothing else you can do.

goodluck either way.

Splooge
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
ah man i just quit smoking, i haven't drank yet but that will be the biggest test.

brandon
01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay

for those few days I smoke prime times,.. dont inhale they'll give you a killer headache

wussy!!
:rofl:
j/k I smoke a pack a day of primetimes :(

Shane1
01-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey, your problem could have been worse...

imagine if you were trying to quit drinking and felt the urge to have a drink every time you light up...?

Spoons
01-04-2008, 01:58 PM
It's because there is usually a trigger that causes you to smoke. I am too recently trying to quit and going pretty good right now but it is because you probably grew into a habbit of smoking when you drink.

When your body forms a nicotine addiction, it actually grows a tolerance itself for nicotine, making you addicted. Since your chemicals in your body and brain are imbalanced when you smoke, your body starts to produce its own chemicals to balance you out, sorta like anti-nicotine. These chemicals make you feel like you need a smoke.

Over time your brain learns to predict when you need a smoke, and starts making the chemicals, meaning boom, you want a smoke. Basically now what your body is doing is as soon as you drink, the habit of you smoking while drinking causes your body to produce anti-nicotine to build up to you having a smoke, thus causing and imbalance within yourself and you need a smoke.

I have done alot of reading so far cause I want to get educated on this so I understand and can really succesfully quit.