PDA

View Full Version : 10 cops on 52nd

MK3HKS
07-23-2003, 01:06 AM
what the hell happened there , i went to watch T3 rise of the machines, when i was comin back i took 16th to 52nd and saw like 10 piggys wit there sirens on, and like 2 ambulances!!
shit , somthin really bad musta happened!!
anyone know??:dunno:

Abom
07-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Person got hit by a car while crossing the road.

MK3HKS
07-23-2003, 01:26 AM
thanx abom.....is he/she dead??

Murph
07-23-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by The_Nissan_Guy
saw like 10 piggys wit there sirens on, anyone

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :guns: :guns: :guns:

you mean Police. :banghead:

Abom
07-23-2003, 01:44 AM
thanx abom.....is he/she dead??

I have no idea, I will try and find out for you.

Abom
07-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Can't find anything on it. Maybe in the paper tomorrow? :dunno:

rice_eater
07-23-2003, 01:58 AM
some biker got smoked this afternoon at country hills and nose hill...he was on a stretcher on the ground with tons of EMS arround...hope buddy's fine...looked like a big pool of maybe blood a few feet away from him

Abom
07-23-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
some biker got smoked this afternoon at country hills and nose hill...he was on a stretcher on the ground with tons of EMS arround...hope buddy's fine...looked like a big pool of maybe blood a few feet away from him

Heard about that one too, sucks.

MK3HKS
07-23-2003, 02:08 AM
hahhahaha, dumbass ppl these days

MK3HKS
07-23-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Murph

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :guns: :guns: :guns:

you mean Police. :banghead:

no i mean piggys, i dont refer to dem as police, they are pigs
:thumbsup:

Abom
07-23-2003, 02:16 AM
no i mean piggys, i dont refer to dem as police, they are pigs
:thumbsup:

lol, normally I would have jumped right into this argument, but oh well :rofl:

4G63Power
07-23-2003, 03:01 AM
A 50-some year old male was hit and killed while crossing 52nd street. Not much other than that has been released. I saw all the cops around there and caught the info on the news.

GTS Jeff
07-23-2003, 03:27 AM
hahhahaha, dumbass ppl these days yea "haha" real funny that ppl died. fuck you.

B17a
07-23-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
yea "haha" real funny that ppl died. fuck you.

:rofl: :rofl:

Here's what happened:

CALGARY POLICE SERVICE

At approximately 2115 hours on July 22 2003 a 51-year-old
male was struck and killed while attempting to cross the
southbound lanes of 52 Street at 16 Avenue N.E.

The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Alcohol consumption by the pedestrian is believed to be a
contributing factor in this accident.

Investigation is continuing.

rice_eater
07-23-2003, 09:13 AM
yeah they said he just jumped on the road and the car had no chance in hell of stopping...

B17a
07-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
yeah they said he just jumped on the road and the car had no chance in hell of stopping...

WTF? I've been hammered, and badly hammered at that, but I've never been so drunk as to think that jumping into traffic would be a good idea. Oh well, all I've got to say to this fool is, thanks for psychologically fucking up that driver now. Can you imagine? Driving along and some idiot hurls himself in front of you. Try closing your eyes at night and not seeing that!

/////AMG
07-23-2003, 09:57 AM
thats a shame, hope his family is ok though.

K271
07-23-2003, 10:57 AM

:werd:

One of my closest friends brother was crushed on his bike by some ass hole who driving a truck. Dam those people who are careless on the road, swerving all over the place, feeling like they own the road.

rice_eater
07-23-2003, 11:14 AM
bikers aren't the angels either man, and truckers aren't always badasses either...shit happens however and i feel bad for your buddy...but shit everyone knows how big the risk is when you ride a bike.

MK3HKS
07-23-2003, 11:18 AM
wtf?

mwmhong
07-23-2003, 12:00 PM
I saw something similar on Brisebois and Northmount at around 6PM last night on my way to the gym.
Tons of cop cars, a bus, a transit supervisor, lots of yellow police tape around the area and that accident reconstruction unit truck. :(

rage2
07-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Car kills pedestrian

By NADIA MOHARIB, CALGARY SUN

A man in his 50s was killed as he tried to cross a busy northeast city street last night.

A southbound minivan on 52 Ave. N.E. swerved to avoid the man as he made his way eastbound across the stretch of road on the overpass just north of 16 Ave. just before dark.

The car directly behind the van, however, had no time to avoid the pedestrian who was in the lane closest to the grassy median.

The pedestrian was killed instantly after being struck and dragged about 30 metres in front of several horrified witnesses.

"It appears the pedestrian did not have the right of way and the driver did not have a chance," said traffic Sgt. Norm Doerksen.

Darren Skrapec, 23, was driving in the opposite direction moments after the pedestrian was struck.

He and several passers-by, many using cellphones to call 911, pulled over and rushed to the man's side.

ecstasy_civic
07-23-2003, 12:35 PM
last night at country hills and country hills drive a guy on a kawasaki hit or got hit by a windstar. i drove by just after it happened he was getting up and the windstar lady was running to help him, she had a big dent in her van.

like 20 sec. later 3 cop cars and an ambulance flew past me going the opposite way.

pretty crazy with all these accidents.

Weapon_R
07-23-2003, 12:39 PM
I work right in that area and I drove past the scene yesterday and witnessed the body on the street. Happened at about 11:00pm last night

Initial-D-Nerd
07-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Car kills pedestrian

By NADIA MOHARIB, CALGARY SUN

A man in his 50s was killed as he tried to cross a busy northeast city street last night.

A southbound minivan on 52 Ave. N.E. swerved to avoid the man as he made his way eastbound across the stretch of road on the overpass just north of 16 Ave. just before dark.

The car directly behind the van, however, had no time to avoid the pedestrian who was in the lane closest to the grassy median.

The pedestrian was killed instantly after being struck and dragged about 30 metres in front of several horrified witnesses.

"It appears the pedestrian did not have the right of way and the driver did not have a chance," said traffic Sgt. Norm Doerksen.

Darren Skrapec, 23, was driving in the opposite direction moments after the pedestrian was struck.

He and several passers-by, many using cellphones to call 911, pulled over and rushed to the man's side. 52 Ave. 16 Ave.???

One question. How can it be possible for an Ave. to pass over an Ave. i think they meant 52nd st.

K271
07-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Well this guy who smoked my buddy was drunk as shit and high on the gunja. That is not cool.