PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a vehicle from another province

dragonone
01-04-2008, 01:57 PM
anyone familiar with the process of buying a car in another province?
(papers, calls to make, $ of delivery etc.)

I'm looking at an acura, from an acura dealer
while i posted to check for carfax, this car is also certified preowned if that's any better

i don't imagine they can let it out for inspection etc.?

blownz
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I bought a vehicle from BC back in the spring. I never had it checked out since it was under warranty and at a Ford dealership that I trusted. Just had it shipped for $350 and paid $100 for an OOP when it got here. Very simple.

funkedelic
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
i would get an inspection done in the province you are buying from first, but once its here all you need to do is just do your out of province inspection

dragonone
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
it was 350 shipped? that's pretty cheap
would you have the shipping company by any chance?

where can i get an oop inspection done here ? or which shop would you recommend that's cheap?

funkedelic
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
it was 350 shipped? that's pretty cheap
would you have the shipping company by any chance?

where can i get an oop inspection done here ? or which shop would you recommend that's cheap?

there are problaby hundreds of shops in calgary that can do them. I remember when i did mine in lethbridge on the back of the sheet it gave me a complete list of shops that are licenced to do them.

Go to your dmv and when you request the sheet, it should give you a list of the shops, or you maybe able to find them online as well, im pretty sure ive seen them on this site before.