PDA

View Full Version : Need a Hardware guru, Video card questions...

Thaco
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I just bought a new PC and i need to run triple monitors (i had triple monitors before and now i can not go back, before i had a radeon 9250 agp card and a matrox millennium pci card(ancient) anyways, the matrox card will not play nice with my new PC and my 8600gt... i need to find a pci card (or if i can find a vid card for my 1x pci-e) that will play nice with the 8600gt to give me my triple monitors back... cheaper the better, this third monitor will only be to have my email client run on it constantly, so it needs nothing, as i said before, it use to be run by an old matrox card which i think was liek a 2mb card... so anythign that wont conflict will do the job.

i was looking at this card from memoryexpress
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX18463(ME).aspx

or if you can suggest a fix for the current matrox card i'd be ok with keeping that too... i've tried installing drivers and stuff but it seems every time i put that card in the system it just takes control and makes the 8600gt disable it's self

A790
01-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
I just bought a new PC and i need to run triple monitors (i had triple monitors before and now i can not go back, before i had a radeon 9250 agp card and a matrox millennium pci card(ancient) anyways, the matrox card will not play nice with my new PC and my 8600gt... i need to find a pci card (or if i can find a vid card for my 1x pci-e) that will play nice with the 8600gt to give me my triple monitors back... cheaper the better, this third monitor will only be to have my email client run on it constantly, so it needs nothing, as i said before, it use to be run by an old matrox card which i think was liek a 2mb card... so anythign that wont conflict will do the job.

i was looking at this card from memoryexpress
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX18463(ME).aspx

or if you can suggest a fix for the current matrox card i'd be ok with keeping that too... i've tried installing drivers and stuff but it seems every time i put that card in the system it just takes control and makes the 8600gt disable it's self
You can buy an adapter that plugs into your USB that will allow for a third monitor... can't remember what it's called though. A girl at my work has one.

WhippWhapp
01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/digital/home.php

Thaco
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by WhippWhapp
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/digital/home.php the main point of this whole question was to NOT spend a ton of money, i know that if i have a boatload of cash to drop i could do it with ease... but i'd rather not spend more than $50 if possibile

dragonone
01-05-2008, 01:24 PM
i use my onboard (6150le) and a pci-e video card (X850xt; dual-out) for a triple setup

Thaco
01-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by dragonone
i use my onboard (6150le) and a pci-e video card (X850xt; dual-out) for a triple setup

How? What motherboard do you have? 90% of motherboards will disable the onboard when there's a video card there.... i plugged mine in on the onboard just to see if there was a chance but it's a no go.

megavolt
01-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I've got a USB-VGA card. $30 if you want it.

dragonone
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

How? What motherboard do you have? 90% of motherboards will disable the onboard when there's a video card there.... i plugged mine in on the onboard just to see if there was a chance but it's a no go.

did you install the drivers again for the onboard?

Thaco
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM

did you install the drivers again for the onboard?

windows does not even see the onboard at all, it must be the BIOS disabling it when it sees the pci-e card.,,

dragonone
01-09-2008, 01:28 PM
is there no option like 'force' or 'always enable' etc.?

Thaco
01-09-2008, 01:29 PM
is there no option like 'force' or 'always enable' etc.?

I looked around, i couldn't find any video settings in the bios, oh well, I'm just gonna get that usb>vga from the other guy... thanks for trying to help anyways.

Thaco
01-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks Megavolt, it's working nicely.

megavolt
01-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Good to hear.

clem24
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
BTW just to chime in.. I believe you can get triple monitor outs but only with ATi chipsets and certain ATi cards I think...