PDA

View Full Version : out of province inspection (help)

travis_gillard
01-05-2008, 10:22 AM
how does it work?
i am just a little hazy on the whole thing
and does someone know a really trustworthy place that i can get it done at that isnt going to screw me lol , because ive heard of people just getting fucking owned by the out of province
if it already has an out of province done but has expired do you need to get a new one?

thanks
travis

pinoyhero
01-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I believe you do need a new OOP inspec if the one thats been done is exp'd. Just go to can tire man, not the best place but they do 1000s of these things and the process is pretty painless if your car is up to par.

tom_9109
01-05-2008, 11:35 AM
If they tell you something is a fail and will cost $$XXX.XX ask them to show you the deficiency or even go somewhere else to see if they pick up on it. I know that the canadian tire here always says you need a wheel alignment and tries to get the $$ from ya. I took it somewhere else the next day for the alignment which turned out it didn't need and then took the receipt back to canadian tire for them to pass my vehicle.

Destinova403
01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
when i bought my skyline i just took it to T&T honda to get the inspection done... i already had a relationship with the dealership because my dad bought his accord there so they treated me really good, didn't give me any bullshit.

all my car needed was DRL to pass so i just picked up the kit at Canadian tire, installed it in about an hour and took it back there and they passed it right away.

by the way.... Travis... did you used to play paintball for the Outriders?

G-ZUS
01-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Northeast Auto, across the street from Regal Auctions is pretty good

dragonone
01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
if i bought an acura from bc, would it be a good idea to get an oop from silverhill acura since it's still under acura canada warranty? or would that b stupidly expensive

TomcoPDR
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I had a bad out of province vehicle purchase experience just this Christmas :( I'd rather buy local.

dragonone
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
and so i got my used tsx from silverhill today
thnx for the help guys

funkedelic
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
if your car is older or a hacked up jdm car or just a piece of shit in general, chances are you will get owned. I havent had any issues with any cars ive had them done on. It helps to know a bit about the condition of the car before taking it in, and if they fail you for something, make sure you tell them to show you before you just walk out of there first.

travis_gillard
01-06-2008, 01:52 PM
hey thanks guys,
any ideas of a good place to go?
yeah i did play for the outriders