PDA

View Full Version : New ford engines

Destinova403
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
i thought these were kinda cool... example: "3.5L twin-turbocharged V6 that puts out 340 horsepower and more than 340 lb-ft. of torque" and they are apparently more fuel efficient as well...

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008/01/detroit_auto_show_preview_ford_1.html

sr20s14zenki
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Its about time turbocharging became more mainstream, im suprised its taken so long to REALLY catch on. Power to them, and i dont even like american cars.

4wheeldrift
01-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Now we just need Ford to start bringing over some of the european models and they might actually have products worth driving lol

Redlyne_mr2
01-06-2008, 09:01 PM
If ford sold their Modeo and Ka here they would regain number 2 spot..

4wheeldrift
01-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Don't forget the euro Focus, like the ST and RS models.

Destinova403
01-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Don't forget the euro Focus, like the ST and RS models.

yeah quite nice eh?
http://www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/general/06.ford.focus.st/ford.focus.st.act.f34.2.500.jpg

4wheeldrift
01-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I could do without the traffic pylon orange paint, but from seeing reviews of the car online and on Top Gear, it looks like an absolute riot to drive. The SVT focus wasn't a bad machine, but we definitely got the shaft with regards to fun focii.

scat19
01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
If ford sold their Modeo and Ka here they would regain number 2 spot..

The ka? Please, north america is into large cars.... I doubt it would sell over here well at all.

The euro focus, the top of the line model, is a decent car. Bixenon headlamps, really nice interior, leather bucket seats (sat in one), and my relative had one and she said it was great to drive.

hjr
01-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by scat19

The ka? Please, north america is into large cars.... I doubt it would sell over here well at all.
because you say so? because car companies refuse to make them?

this is the exact same logic that let vw completely own the small car market with the beetle. 'it too small, american want big cars, not the right market....'

millions of beetles later......

civic2001
01-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by hjr
because you say so? because car companies refuse to make them?

this is the exact same logic that let vw completely own the small car market with the beetle. 'it too small, american want big cars, not the right market....'

millions of beetles later......

i agree with both you here, yes the beetle owned the small car market, bu that was back in its time, Now, when people want a small economical car, im sure that they would rather choose a civic, focus, protege, etc... God i havent seen a beetle on the road in months, i kid you not.

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2008, 02:49 AM

Canadians love small cars.
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hmiXUg0s7CMnX-ws31aR-34B9kww

Destinova403
01-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Canadians love small cars.
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hmiXUg0s7CMnX-ws31aR-34B9kww

north americans have different standards regarding what exactly a small car is than asians or europeans. they have narrower roads and more complex road systems.

ianmcc
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Hard to believe that the Mexicans can get that sexy Focus but we cant.

hjr
01-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by civic2001

i agree with both you here, yes the beetle owned the small car market, bu that was back in its time, Now, when people want a small economical car, im sure that they would rather choose a civic, focus, protege, etc... God i havent seen a beetle on the road in months, i kid you not. the current beetle, civic, focus are not small cars. the ka, the 107, the lupo, those are small cars equivilant to the beetle of the time. you are not making any new arguments, simply restating that north americans dont like small cars

civic2001
01-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403

north americans have different standards regarding what exactly a small car is than asians or europeans. they have narrower roads and more complex road systems.

thank....you....?

Redlyne_mr2
01-08-2008, 01:09 AM

The euro focus, the top of the line model, is a decent car. Bixenon headlamps, really nice interior, leather bucket seats (sat in one), and my relative had one and she said it was great to drive.
What about the Yaris, Fit, Aveo, Rabbit etc , there definitely is a need for the Ka.