PDA

View Full Version : italian resto in Bragg Creek anyone try it??

ekguy
01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
We went to Bragg Creek today to have a donair and pasta. But it was a cheap place and as we left we saw a place called Madrina's Ristorante. Looked fancy and prices are really decent from what we saw online but did anyone try it on here??? As you can tell from my other thread we are really big on Italian food and we kinda wouldn't mind trying this place.

20incheyes
01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Well I'm not big on Italian food, but our group did enjoy our meal there about a year ago. The service was great and food was similar quality to Why Not Italian. I haven't gone back b/c I rarely eat out Italian unless I'm off to Dolce Vita

npham
01-09-2008, 01:53 AM
I've had their Surf and Turf, it was lobster and steak. I think it was $80 or move, I really can't remember. But the steak was amazing and their lobster was pretty tasty. Expect to pay about $100 per head. Some of their other menu items aren't as pricey, and have better value for the buck. I'd recommend that place if you were looking for something special, unless you are a baller and can afford $100 per head regularily.

I believe there are two sides to the restaurant, a casual side, and then the formal dining area. Not sure of the dress code on the dining side, but in the casual side a polo and jeans would probably suffice. I'd easily give them a 8.5 out of 10, losing points for price mainly as the service was quick and polite and their food was well prepared, even the roast vegatables were good, usually its just over-cooked mush, but they were seasoned well.

joyridder
01-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Madrina's was fantastic, the food, service, actually everything about it was great.

Archea
01-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Madrina's is a super nice atmosphere.

I have been there for several meals with my parents.

Only problem is yes,....It is a little on the pricey side.

They make the most amazing salad. They take a full head of romaine and grill it. Then top it with cheese and assorted things like cranberries and pine nuts...

So Yummy......

It would be a great place to go for a birthday or an anniversary. My mum always wants us to take her there. :clap: