PDA

View Full Version : "Biggest Loser" Experiment

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JAYMEZ
02-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

What does your liquid diet consist of?

100ml Maple Syrup , 200-300ML Lemon Juice , a dab of Clorafil , 10 drops of Concentrace drops , Pinch of salt , 1.5L water.
About 5-7 bottles a day , and a few bananas.. I also take Cayenne pills and some other shit pills hahah.

This is pretty much pre-comp .. 1 cheat meal is allowed about 4-5 days in.

Originally posted by scortracer
I know what regular healthy eating is. I'm not a retard so if you don't want to say anything productive then stop typing

Chill out.

Weighed in today - 208.7 (Pre work out)
Before workout - 200mcg Caffeine pills , 100mcg Clen Pills , 150mcg Whinny , 50mcg Clomid , 2x Bananas

Did shoulders and back today , 1hr on Tredmill , Sauna , hot tub , lap pool.

Also went for a 10 min tan to keep the skin good.. (Going to American Sprinbreak in Mexico , gota be ready hahh)

kerry
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by scortracer
I know what regular healthy eating is. I'm not a retard so if you don't want to say anything productive then stop typing

How ironic ;)

Ben
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Back on topic folks, I hate when quality threads turn into bitch-fests, and arguing about who's right and who's wrong. This is about your successes (or failures) and what you did to do it. Talk about supplements and all that other "I'm an eDietitian thus better than you" crap can go in the dozens of other threads about it,. I haven't banned anyone in a few months, I'm feeling antsy, I'll ban everyone who continues to fuck this thread up with off topic junk.

Thanks.

Mr_ET
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Last weight reported on Jan 27th: 187

Current weight: 182.5-184

I think it will slow down a bit now that I'm around 20 pounds lost and only have about 20 more to go. I'll be happy if I keep going down a 3-4 pounds a month.

I am down 3 belt holes and my pants are all starting to feel loose on me.

At 175 I'm buying new clothes:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
^^^ Thats awesome man! Congrats on the weight loss... How tall are ya ? If you dont mind me asking.

JordanEG6
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Update on my ECA stacking. Minus the Aspirin.

Breakfast
3 - 8mg Epherdrine
1 - 200mg Caffiene

Lunch
3 - 8mg Epherdrine
1 - 200mg Caffiene

Midafternoon (maybe around 4-4:30)
3 - 8mg Epherdrine
1 - 200mg Caffiene

Weight Lifting Day A
30-35 min. Cardio (eliptical - avg: 500-600 cal.)
3 sets Bench (alternate incline/decline)
3 sets Peck fly
3 sets Bicep curls
3 sets High Rows

Weight Lifting Day B
30-35 min. Cardio (eliptical - avg: 500-600 cal.)
3 sets Squats
3 sets Tricep pull-downs
4 sets Leg Curls / Extensions
3 sets Lateral Raise

Cardio Days
45-1 Hour (eliptical - avg: 700-800 cal.)

Breakfast
Oatmeal Crisp with milk. I try and have skim milk whenever I can. Sometimes I'll have a slice of flax with Peanut butter. No coffee, just the pills

Lunch
Brown rice, either tuna, other fish, or chicken

Dinner
Same thing as lunch but with Veggies

Snacking in moderation throughout the day. Black Diamond Almonds - they come in 100 cal. packs, carrots, maybe some lo-fat yogurt, for some reason, I love eating Aeroroot cookies haha. Not too much, maybe a couple. Water and maybe 3 cups of green tea through out the day. I cheated on Saturday AND Sunday lol.

As for other suppliments, I'll have a multivitamin, and a scoop of creatine in water on lifting days

Weight in on Feb. 5. Lost 4 pounds and noticed an increase in bench weight and endurance. This was in about a week and a bit. It's hard work, I tell ya! haha.

I think I can keep going. How long do these cycles last normally? Or should I say SHOULD last?

Anything about this little routine I need to change? and constructive critisicm and suggestions would help lots. Thank everyone! :D

Mr_ET
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
^^^ Thats awesome man! Congrats on the weight loss... How tall are ya ? If you dont mind me asking.

I'm only 5 8 so 200 pounds for me was starting to get heavy.

I wasn't eating well at all before starting this, lots of junk food, lots of late snacks, portions that were always way too big, cake in the morning, very little water intake and mostly pop 2-3 times a day.

I have 2 little girls and always felt tired or had a headache so this has been great for me. I just thought it was time I do something about it all since I want to be around for a long time and I want to be able to play with them. My energy levels are much higher and no more headaches since I drink 8 or more glasses of water a day and no more pop.

kerry
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Jordan,

You'll start growing a tolerance to the Eph after a week or 2 so you can up the dosage to 4 8mg tablets per serving. Don't go longer than 4 weeks total and take at least a month off until you do it again IF you choose to do again.

JordanEG6
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks! I will try that!

sputnik
02-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Geez. Just noticed this thread.

Jan 1 weighed in at 190 lbs (5'7). Looking to get down to 165 lbs (the weight I was when I moved to Calgary).

Feb 1 weighed 184 lbs.

I personally do not want a hardcore diet or crazy workout routine. Lets face it, schedules and life changes and the last thing I want is a routine that isnt sustainable.

All I am doing is lowering my caloric intake (1700-1900/day) but trying to eat as much veggies and fruits as I can. I would rather lose 25 lbs in a year and keep it off for life than drop it in a month and be back at 190 before the year is up.

Mr_ET
02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
hey same thing for me man, I still eat some of the stuff I life once in a while I just do everything in moderation now.

Works out much better that way over the long run.

fast95pony
02-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Update:
Weigh-in at WW 07Feb : down just over 1lb :rolleyes: .
I drank lots of water during the day , so I think I actually lost a little more.I was up every 2 hours that night peeing..shoulda weighed in next morning..(or maybe I'm just getting old ! :D )

Total lost after 4 weeks : 7.8 Lbs .

FYI my wife has lost 15.2 lbs :)

Keep the good work up , guys..:thumbsup:

Archea
02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Update on my ECA stacking. Minus the Aspirin.

Breakfast
3 - 8mg Epherdrine
1 - 200mg Caffiene

Sounds very impressive :)

I am starting to read up on ECA stacking....
sounds kinda intense

How do you sleep at night? Any problems?

JordanEG6
02-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Archea

is the ECA stacking generally for muscle gain? I read up about the individual drugs on wikipedia...I guess I am a little confused as to if it would actually do too much....and what the exact uses of it are....

Would this be something to boost metabolism, alertness and give you more energy in general??

Mainly as a general stimulant during excercise (boost in energy, wakefulness, and endurance), I noticed I'm also slightly more motivated and focused when working out.

I take it mainly for weight loss reasons. I'm doing fairly well now, I noticed a slight increase in strength and endurance, and at the same time, I have decreased in body fat and weight. Of course, I don't do JUST cardio, it involves lifting as well. Hopefully it keeps up, I get lazy sometimes.

JordanEG6
02-09-2008, 05:01 PM

I am starting to read up on ECA stacking....
sounds kinda intense

How do you sleep at night? Any problems? \

lol you changed your post.

I can sleep fine. I guess just as long as you take the last dose in the AFTERNOON and work out hard in the evening. You should go home tired and ready to go to bed. I haven't played around with the dosage and I always take it at the same time intervals. I haven't experienced weird sleeping patterns or anything.

So far, no jittering, no pre-workout sweating, or anything of that sort. My body has taken a tolerance to the ECA, I've noticed. So like Kerry said, I upped the dosage to 4 tablets, 3 times a day. Same scenerio, no problems what so ever. Careful though, everyone is different and you'd might want to check up on your body tolerances at first, maybe 2 tablets per dose?

ercchry
02-09-2008, 05:20 PM
well i havent weighed myself for a while (3 months) but yeah i was 210-215 and after getting into a long(er) relationship my life style has changed a bit and a normal week goes like this:

during the week (mon-fri)
-10 hours a day is work (mild manual labour)

- eatting in the morning (nothing healthy but whatever)

- lunch (still not really healthy :nut: )

- dinner (home cooked and good and healthy :) )

- a round or 2 of sex :D (might miss a day or 2 but most nights ;) )

weekends
- first meal is around noon (not healthy)

- dinner out at a reastrant or pub (some times healthy but mostly not)

- snowboarding about every other weekend at least once

- and going out to the bar only about once every 3 weeks

and now im down to....

180-185!

just waiting for the golds gym to open up down here and then i can add some weight, but muscle instead of fat

what really helped i think is shifting when i eat, less late night meals after the bar and more early morning eatting, i never use to be hungry in the morning and now i am

JWL
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by kerry

I think she's e-macking. jk ;)

I'll try and find some old fat pics of me and take some new ones tonight if I have time.

Where are your before and after pics?!

Archea
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
\

lol you changed your post.

I can sleep fine. I guess just as long as you take the last dose in the AFTERNOON and work out hard in the evening. You should go home tired and ready to go to bed. I haven't played around with the dosage and I always take it at the same time intervals. I haven't experienced weird sleeping patterns or anything.

So far, no jittering, no pre-workout sweating, or anything of that sort. My body has taken a tolerance to the ECA, I've noticed. So like Kerry said, I upped the dosage to 4 tablets, 3 times a day. Same scenerio, no problems what so ever. Careful though, everyone is different and you'd might want to check up on your body tolerances at first, maybe 2 tablets per dose?

I hit the edit button when I figured its easier to wikipedia something then make people type it out for ya ;)

I think I might try this....I have plateaued...and cant get off it for the life of me...its been a good 3 weeks at the same weight. I started working out in the morning...no results...doing more cardio...no results...and as much as I am not a fan of taking pills...what the hey

Whats the average price on the Epherdrine?

scortracer
02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
its about 5 bucks a bottle...I buy 4 at a time and should last you more then long enough..caffeine pills are around the same 5 bucks so its not really an expensive habit when you compare weight loss pills at 40 plus and the results of the ephedrine is much better. Also I dont know how you guys dont jitter at all every time I do it a get a little shaky but not overly.

JordanEG6
02-12-2008, 10:19 AM

I hit the edit button when I figured its easier to wikipedia something then make people type it out for ya ;)

I think I might try this....I have plateaued...and cant get off it for the life of me...its been a good 3 weeks at the same weight. I started working out in the morning...no results...doing more cardio...no results...and as much as I am not a fan of taking pills...what the hey

Whats the average price on the Epherdrine?

like what was said above, they are about $4-5 a bottle. You blow through them quick because your taking 3-4 pills, 3 times a day on a 50 tablet bottle.

Go to Popeyes and they have a 12 bottle pack for $60. That should be more than enough for a 4 week cycle. Good luck :)

kerry
02-12-2008, 10:50 AM
So since I'm such a tard sometime I couldn't find this thread after someone stickied it.

I'll put some before and after pics tonight or later today. Promise!!!!

Perfect Dark
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Well after reading through the pages I decided to chime in.

I started out last Sept 6'1 and 245lbs...got stuck behind a desk for 6 months and didn't change my eating habits and paid for it. I started doing some extended family walks and working out on occasion but never get serious about it until the beginning of this year.

I now watch what I am eating, way smaller portions and more meals per day to equal it out a bit more. I have some very strange food allergies so that poses quite a problem for me but so far I have been able to get around them.

As far as exercise I am walking minimum 1/2 an hour every night (when it isn't -50 out there), and working out for 45 min 2-3 times a week. Eventually once I get less winded I will increase the duration and frequency but for right now it is adequate.

I am now down to 228lbs, and my goal is to hit around 210lbs by the summer. Like Kerry my BMI shows I should be around 185lbs but I am so broad shouldered I look like a complete goof (was that weight 8 years ago, and yep, looked way too skinny)

To everyone else out there keep it up, alot of people making some great changes in their lives!

dirty_magic
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Well, like the some of you I had been lurking this thread for a little while and decided to post my progress.

I started on Jan 6/08 at 282, and today, Feb 12/08 I am 256. Good for 26lbs. Dont ask me how I lost that much, I have no idea. What I do know is the healthy changes I made to make the loss possible.

I started counting calories and fat for a week to get a baseline of what I eat. Im on Week 6 now and am averaging around 16-1800 cal and 40g of fat per day. I eat at 830am, 10am, 12pm, 3pm , and then dinner at 630ish. Ive always eaten healthy food, but I found that it was my portions that were doing me in.

Activity wise, Ive always been moderately active, playing hockey (goalie) 3 times a week and having two sled dogs that need tons of exercise (about an 1-1.5 hrs daily) for my sanity. I dont go to the gym, and dont have a bike, treadmill or stairclimber. When tax return season roles around Ill be buying a bicycle and plan on riding 4-5 times a week for 1-1.5hrs.

I guess the most beneficial change I made was simply, diet. I thought I was eating healthily, but then I figured out how many cals I should be eating, given my weight and activity level. When I did the baseline week, I was shocked to see how much it added up.

Congrats to all on their achievements thus far, and lets all keep up the good work. There are sooo many ways to lose the pounds, the hardest part is making the changes that keep them off.

Also, take pictures, and look at the old ones at the end of every week. Its hard to look at yourself an notice the weight loss without a good reference the where you were when you started. Cheers!

BenC
02-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BenC
im down for this too

started christmas time @ 220
current 207

5'6

update.
now at 202

JordanEG6
02-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by dirty_magic

I started on Jan 6/08 at 282, and today, Feb 12/08 I am 256. Good for 26lbs. Dont ask me how I lost that much, I have no idea. What I do know is the healthy changes I made to make the loss possible.

So how did you lose that much? ;) haha j/k
Good job, thats alot of weight keep it up!

Originally posted by dirty_magic

Congrats to all on their achievements thus far, and lets all keep up the good work. There are sooo many ways to lose the pounds, the hardest part is making the changes that keep them off.

That is the hardest part, I agree, is keeping the weight off and maintaining the lifestyle. Which may or may not be easy for certain individuals but in any case, I always look at this thread for motivation (its corny, but to see everyone doing so well, its great).

Everyone keep up the good work.

shadowz
02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Good job guys, at first a couple years ago I thought it would be the hardest thing to change my body so much, but with time you get into better habits and Im still making changes for the better, since 05 Ive dropped over 45 lbs, kept it off and have a tonne more strength than Ive ever had!

kerry
02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
I find that keeping the weight off for me now is pretty easy. I mean I'm pretty obsessed with training nowadays though. I guess once it becomes part of your daily routine then it's a little easier to keep with.

I almost feel bad when I don't hit the gym anymore hahaha.

Darkane
02-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Start Date was Jan 9th, Today I'm down to 229.5lbs. Lets say 230 for good measure :D

19 days, 6 pounds. That's damn awesome for me for two reasons:

1) I've gotten stronger on my lifts
2) Because of 1 I've lost purely fat!

Keep it up guys.

Update:

227lbs (-9). Strength increasing. Perfect!

Keep it up everyone, fat people make baby jesus cry :D

fast95pony
02-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Week 5 at Weight-Watchers: down 4lbs, total 11.8lbs.

Mr_ET
02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Last week weight was: 182.5-184
Current is: 180-183

I want to see something in the 170's next week. Haven't seen that in probably about 6-7 years:D

muse017
02-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Right after the Christmas & New year : 194lb
Bench press: 225lb * 4reps
Deadlift: 315lb 1rm
Squat: 305lb 1rm

Current weight: 184lb
Bench press: 235lb *4 reps
Deadlift: 345lb 1rm
Squat: 320lb 1rm

I'll be more focusing on my ab workout later this month...Hope it works out...haha

kerry
02-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Our ab workout is insane at BJJ class.
We do 50 of one style of crunch for each person that's in class that day. Two classes in a row, we ended up doing 600+ crunches. That sucked balls.

Usually average around 400 crunches. If anyone wants ideas for these, PM me and I send you the different variations.

Mr_ET
02-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Not much improvement this week but I am in the 170's :D

Last week weight was: 180-183
Current is: 178.5-182

Archea
02-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Due to a health issue my weight has gone up about 9lbs....

I will try my best to get it down...

but I am not able to go to the gym....or drive sigh....sucks:thumbsdow

Oz-
02-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Only lost another 2 lbs or so, probably water weight. But have lost approximately 3.5" from my waist. Definitely getting a lot stricter on the nutrition and noticing a big difference in the past 3 weeks.

Starting to get back into strength training, no more of the general fitness lifting I was doing. Hope to get back to pulling in the neighborhood of 5 plates per side by April.

Was lucky enough to get a friend of mine to build me a power sled, similar to the one here

http://i2.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/a6/cc/00ff_3.JPG

eur0.doll.
02-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Alright..I know this is a bit late but I'm going to attempt to jump in.

I'll be going to the gym during lunch[Monday to Friday] ..and working on my cardio and toning.

I'm not sure what my routine will consist of but i'll post when I figure it out.

When next term starts I'll have a spare so I'll have more then a half hour to work out..so that means more time to push myself to my goal.

I really need to stop eating potatoes at supper..so thats one of my main goals..and to starrt drinking 8+ glasses of water again.
OH and no fast food.

150-155 right now.

Aiming to lose... roughly ten and tone up A LOT.

Darkane
02-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Oz-
Only lost another 2 lbs or so, probably water weight. But have lost approximately 3.5" from my waist. Definitely getting a lot stricter on the nutrition and noticing a big difference in the past 3 weeks.

Starting to get back into strength training, no more of the general fitness lifting I was doing. Hope to get back to pulling in the neighborhood of 5 plates per side by April.

Was lucky enough to get a friend of my to build me a power sled, similar to the one here

http://i2.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/a6/cc/00ff_3.JPG

Pm'd!

Ben
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Gained 5lb's, but I've been working muscle groups.

fast95pony
02-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Latest update : Haven't ran in a couple of weeks due to a hip injury.We celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Banff last week ,and I ate and drank too much :D

End result : I've gained 1lb.

I've been going to physio for my hip.It feels much better,so I'm going to start running again this weekend. I have a new goal : to run the half-marathon at the Victoria Marathon in October.

My wife is doing very well.She's lost 18lbs in 7 weeks .
I'm down 10.5 lbs.

eur0.doll.
02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I've been up and down lately with my weight..which is irritating. :banghead:

I've been really sore lately :( Legs especially. Went and worked out today and then had gym and did about an hour of running there. Starting to feel a bit better about it.

dirty_magic
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
March 4/08 Update!!! Down to 248, good for 34 lbs since Jan 6/08. Keep on truckin everyone!

Mr_ET
03-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Not much improvement this week but I am in the 170's :D

Last week weight was: 180-183
Current is: 178.5-182

New current weight is 174-178

Things are going pretty good but I haven't been able to work out in a week since I've been sick with a cold and my throat has been killing me.

I did swap an engine over the weekend so that's still a decent workout I guess:D

stevo 27
03-04-2008, 09:27 PM
ok ill join in ive really got out of shape since i started my car
mmmm fried chicken hahah

anyway i wanna get back to the shape i was last summer
5'10 172lbs 5% bodyfat

current 211lbs 11.5% bodyfat

ill post my regimen when my mom finishs writing it up for me (mid 40's and won 2nd in cananda for womens bodybuilding fitness class) so i trust her :P

seems everyone's doing awsome keep up the good work

muse017
03-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by stevo 27
ok ill join in ive really got out of shape since i started my car
mmmm fried chicken hahah

anyway i wanna get back to the shape i was last summer
5'10 172lbs 5% bodyfat

current 211lbs 11.5% bodyfat

ill post my regimen when my mom finishs writing it up for me (mid 40's and won 2nd in cananda for womens bodybuilding fitness class) so i trust her :P

seems everyone's doing awsome keep up the good work

Where do you check your bodyfat? Just sounds very low...
I'm just curious...I'm 5'10 185 and around 15~17% body fat

stevo 27
03-05-2008, 07:00 PM
world health i dunno im a freak haha

JAYMEZ
03-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Just weighed myself in , 204 , down 6 pounds of Body Fat since I started on this thread. Now ready for mexico on friday!!

Darkane
03-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Update for me today too, 225lbs (-11)

11 pounds of fat in 2 months. That's great! :thumbsup:

Perfect pace as to not destroy my thyroid function too.

fast95pony
03-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Update :
Week 8 at Weightwatchers . Down 13.4lbs.
My wife is stuck at 17lbs down.

eur0.doll.
03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
im failing terribly.:banghead: :guns:

Perfect Dark
03-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Update:
Averaging around 224lbs now, I haven't been working out as much as I would like but still eating consistently well which is still helping.

Heading for the Dominican in a month so I am going to ramp things up a bit and hopefully get to around 215 by then. It may be a tall order but we shall see.

BenC
03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
heading down to florida in summer
started 220
down to 196!!

fast95pony
03-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Update:
week 9 at weightwatchers
Me : down 2.8 lbs , total 16.2 lbs
Wife : down 6lbs , total 23.6 lbs

LowRiderHD2000
03-14-2008, 10:12 AM
I've been keeping up with everyone progress. Time for me to join in.

Started Nov 15 208 pounds
Mar 14 185 pounds

Down 23 pounds.

Training includes

-30 to 40 min cardio sessions (burning 500-800 cal.)
-1 hour weight training
-Swimming
-Hockey

Supplements
- Syntha 6 protein
- Cellmass creatine
- Hydroxycut Hardcore weight loss

Try to go to the gym 4-5 times a week (Crowfoot YMCA). Plus Hockey once or twice a week. I was watching what I eat for a good 3 months eating lean meats and greens. Over the last week or two I have fallen off the wagon and have been eating nachos and burgers again. I'm going to be getting back into the dieting starting Sat. and will try and cut down to 177. My strength and conditioning has improved in huge strides. I feel great and have way more energy. My body is also really starting to change for the better.

Keep up the good work. This thread keeps me motivated to continue to improve. :clap:

Archea
03-14-2008, 10:43 AM
I went to the gym again for the first time in weeks :)

Doctor gave me the go ahead :)

but man it hurts to start up again lol.....

All in all I put on 3lbs since my last post...but that was mostly due to inactivity I think.....

I also started carrying a food diary with me at all times. If its there I will use it! :D

Mr_ET
03-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr_ET

New current weight is 174-178

Things are going pretty good but I haven't been able to work out in a week since I've been sick with a cold and my throat has been killing me.

I did swap an engine over the weekend so that's still a decent workout I guess:D

Numbers for that week are 172.5 to 175.5 so I'm still going down :)

Down almost 25 pounds since Jan 1st yay:clap:

Goal is 155-160 si I'm getting closer and people are actually noticing a change now. Even my guy friends are telling me I look like I lost a decent amount of weight haha.

Oz-
03-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Started a recomp on Feb 13.

Since then I am down 9 lbs of fat but also upped my strength significantly.

Deadlift went up 65lbs in that time. Squat ~50 lbs in that time.

Currently on my deload week, start sled pulling next week along with another blast.

Darkane
03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
^^ fucking crazy man. You're packing some mean genes, just Takes someone like Wes to unlock them :D

65pounds of deads in just over a month.. 9 pounds lost at the same time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oz-
03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
^^ fucking crazy man. You're packing some mean genes, just Takes someone like Wes to unlock them :D

65pounds of deads in just over a month.. 9 pounds lost at the same time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Definitely needed Wes to put me on the right track. Diet dialed in now, hope to keep the increases going until my next deload week in late April.

Mr_ET
03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I know it hasn't been a full week since my last update but as of this morning I saw 169.5 on the scale:D

I know my weight will go up during the day but this is the first time I'm that light since the end of high school and that was 11 years ago lol:clap:

weight right now:

169.5 to 172.5

Sorry guys just had to share!

Darkane
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Update for me today too, 225lbs (-11)

11 pounds of fat in 2 months. That's great! :thumbsup:

Perfect pace as to not destroy my thyroid function too.

As of two days ago, 222lbs (-14)

Strength still up, Legs and back getting back into the groove. Fighting a herniated disc in my back, my squat is now at 245x5. Can't do the big single in case of major injury.

Looking up though! :D

EDIT: Body temp upon waking when I started cutting was 36.3 average. roughly 97.25F. After 14 pounds and without a major caloric deficit, my body temp sank to an average of 35.7 on wake up. Roughly 96.25F.

Simply stating, my metabolism is now 10-15% slower ALL THE TIME. Going to go 6 more weeks on the cut and then begin a thyroid fixer style eating plan.

Diet changes: Non-workout days are now ZERO carbs other than trace. Fiber will now be only Psyllium to keep somewhat regular lol.

Workout days are now 150G carbs with no carb re-feed day.

My goals are to trim off the final 8-12 pounds in the next 6 weeks.

eur0.doll.
03-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I dont understand how people cut out carbs.
Doesn't EVERYTHING have a percent of carbohydrate in it..

Oz-
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Strength still up, Legs and back getting back into the groove. Fighting a herniated disc in my back, my squat is now at 245x5. Can't do the big single in case of major injury.

EDIT: Body temp upon waking when I started cutting was 36.3 average. roughly 97.25F. After 14 pounds and without a major caloric deficit, my body temp sank to an average of 35.7 on wake up. Roughly 96.25F.

Simply stating, my metabolism is now 10-15% slower ALL THE TIME. Going to go 6 more weeks on the cut and then begin a thyroid fixer style eating plan.

Diet changes: Non-workout days are now ZERO carbs other than trace. Fiber will now be only Psyllium to keep somewhat regular lol.

WOW!!!

Congrats on the progress, I don't know if I could personally go without a carb re-feed day. My mind would start playing tricks on my by then.

At this point do you feel your back is close to 100%? How has it affected your other lifts? Do you have a reverse hyper at your gym? (Still can't find one in Calgary that has one.)

LowRiderHD2000
03-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I Stayed around 185 all week. 2 buffets at the Avison Yound and one at the Petroleum club slowed weight loss this week (hard to say no to these buffets). I’m noticing major changes in strength and definition. Helps give a little boost. May idle around 185 and focus on building mass. Everythig is progressing along smoothly. Very happy with the results.:thumbsup:

fast95pony
04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Week 12 at Weght Watchers

Me : lost 22lbs total . Two lbs to go to reach 10% weight loss.

The Wife : lost 29lbs Total.

Not too shabby.
:)

BenC
04-04-2008, 04:03 PM
update:
started 220
updated at 205
updated at 196
now at 192 consistently. gahh. those plateaus are bitches!

Darkane
04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

WOW!!!

Congrats on the progress, I don't know if I could personally go without a carb re-feed day. My mind would start playing tricks on my by then.

At this point do you feel your back is close to 100%? How has it affected your other lifts? Do you have a reverse hyper at your gym? (Still can't find one in Calgary that has one.)

Back will never be 100% again :( But it's pretty much as close as we can get it. Throwing in Rack pulls into the new routine. Other lifts seem to be unaffected from the back. Or very little anyway. No deads.

I've never seen a reverse hyper anywhere. They look wicked though.

Darkane
04-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by eur0.doll.

lol.. No who told you this? What's there to not understand. I'm an extreme endomorph by nature with little to no carbohydrate tolerance.

Only after workouts can I successfully consume carbs as I actually have some what of an Insulin sensitivity. When I don't workout, I have high insulin resistance. Insulin is basically the transport of Glycogen to the muscles. IF it can't get into the muscles (Resistance) guess what happens to it. FAT.

There is so much info out there, and yes the way the body works is a science. So many people have it so easy with good genetics and natural carb tolerance, Asian's for example.

rmk
04-04-2008, 08:26 PM
In January: 205
April: 183

2006: Peaked at 235

Moderating everything. I still eat burgers, beer, and crap, but balance it with veggies, water, tea, and other healthy foods. I don't believe anyone should cut out anything from their diet that they enjoy. Eat it, enjoy it, and live life, but balance everything out.

As well, as much as I hate the ECA stack and disliked the effects it had on me mentally, it worked. The rapid weight loss was during the stack days. I would not do it again, though.

Green Tea = :love: I drank it religiously (often referred to as piss by my co-workers, but I digress), it is so good for you. Buy some today :clap:

Feels good to post after reading everyones progress. :goflames: Hopfully we all keep this up for the rest of our lives. It feels good.

rmk
04-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Also, the one thing that pisses me off is the amount of clothing which cannot be worn now. It is all too big :bigpimp:

Mr_ET
04-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Update

last week: 169.5 to 172.5
this week: 164.5 to 168

almost 40 pounds lost since Jan 1st:clap:

Rat Fink
04-06-2008, 08:52 PM

Mr_ET
04-16-2008, 09:27 AM
last week: 164.5 to 168
this week: 160.0 to 164.0

I am pretty much where I want to be weight wise but still have a tiny bit of fat arounf the mid section I want to lose. I think the weight loss will stop around 152-154 lbs and then I plan to do more weight training and bring my weight back up to about 160-165 with more muscle.

403Gemini
04-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Started again since i had to stop abrubtly due to my dogs surgury and spend more time with her then the gym.

Started April 16th 2008, 199 lbs.

Going for 4 hour weeks (2 weeks on, 8 mg ephedrine the first week, 16 mg the second week) then 2 weeks off. We'll see how much i loose.

My goal is 14 lbs in 2 months

dirty_magic
04-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Guess I should post an update, its been a while.

April 19th, down to 230lbs. Good for about 52lbs off in total now.

Cant say Im disappointed with that at all. Gotta love the extra attention from the ladies! Keep up the hard work!

Darkane
04-19-2008, 04:20 PM

222lbs again Yesterday. That was at night and after a cheat meal the night before. Different scale from the last time as well (different gyms)

I'll weigh in again tommorow. I should be 220 or under.

Reason for being 222 still is for 1 g of carbs, 3 g of water will follow. I figure I took in a ton of carbs on our Traditional feast on the last night of Night sets. I figure I consumed around 400 carbs that night so add in another 1200g Water.

1g = 1ml so roughly 1.2L of water retention. That's around 2.5lbs.

All still going good though! :thumbsup: Slower than most of you guys, Curse this Hypothyroidism and Insulin resistance lol!

Oz-
04-22-2008, 12:42 PM
65ish days into new lifting and eating program.

Bad news is that I have not lost any weight from my previous spot 30 days ago.

Good news is that I lost about 3% body fat and that my squat is up just over 100 lbs right now.

I am deloading this week and doing max testing for the 3 big lifts next week. Hope to get the big numbers I was expecting on the squat and deadlift, bench will be a bit different have been suffering a bit from shoulder problems and will see how it heals up.

GingeRRRBeef
04-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by eur0.doll.

lol.. No who told you this? What's there to not understand. I'm an extreme endomorph by nature with little to no carbohydrate tolerance.

Only after workouts can I successfully consume carbs as I actually have some what of an Insulin sensitivity. When I don't workout, I have high insulin resistance. Insulin is basically the transport of Glycogen to the muscles. IF it can't get into the muscles (Resistance) guess what happens to it. FAT.

There is so much info out there, and yes the way the body works is a science. So many people have it so easy with good genetics and natural carb tolerance, Asian's for example.

I think he thinks people cut carbs mean eliminating it complete.

To answer eur0.doll's question, everything you eat has carbs. When people say they're cutting carbs, it essentially means they are not eating as much of it and watching their carb intake. So can't cut out carbs completely. Your brain kinda needs it.

Bodybuilding and look like a cover model is not as simple as cutting carbs. There are many factors that dictate how big and lean you can get. Genetics and age play a huge part. You also have to consider total calorie intake and expenditure. What you eat, when you eat and how often you eat.

DTTB_36
04-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I think I will join in on this. Just finished my 12 week weight lifting program, now to do a ton of cardio. My starting weight is around 245 lbs, hoping to get to 210 with a six pack showing or almost showing.

Darkane
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

I think he thinks people cut carbs mean eliminating it complete.

To answer eur0.doll's question, everything you eat has carbs. When people say they're cutting carbs, it essentially means they are not eating as much of it and watching their carb intake. So can't cut out carbs completely. Your brain kinda needs it.

Bodybuilding and look like a cover model is not as simple as cutting carbs. There are many factors that dictate how big and lean you can get. Genetics and age play a huge part. You also have to consider total calorie intake and expenditure. What you eat, when you eat and how often you eat.

When I mean no carbs, I mean NO carbs :D Only Post workout and the occasional carbup day.

When the body is in Ketosis, up to 70% of the brains function can be supported by Ketones. The other 30% is supplied via protein broken down to Glucose in the body.

GingeRRRBeef
04-23-2008, 07:41 AM

When I mean no carbs, I mean NO carbs :D Only Post workout and the occasional carbup day.

When the body is in Ketosis, up to 70% of the brains function can be supported by Ketones. The other 30% is supplied via protein broken down to Glucose in the body.

:rofl: unless you're eating 100% protein, there's at least some carbs silly goose!

Oz-
04-23-2008, 08:34 AM

:rofl: unless you're eating 100% protein, there's at least some carbs silly goose!

Look up a keto diet, there might be some trace carbs in the seasoning that he puts on the food but its a high protein high fat diet.

ie:

8 oz beef
20 minutes later 30 grams of BCAA

8 oz chicken

8 oz beef

He then has his carb up day every 4th-7th day, depending on how he is feeling. But when he is in keto mode, he avoids carbs like crazy otherwise it ruins the effects of Ketosis that he is trying to get.

Mr_ET
04-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Slow progress this week.

Last week 160 to 164

this week 159.5 to 164 at night fully dressed.

I think I am alsmot at the point where I can't really lose anymore weight and now it's just about getting more muscle definition.

Time to go out and buy some weights! Any places you guys would recommend in town? I just want some freeweights (sp?) and would like to spend less than 100$ on that.

Trini
04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Down from 180 to 170 in the last 2 months, which I am pretty happy with.

Just need to as Mr_ET said get some muscle definition.

LowRiderHD2000
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Still around 185. Still lifting 4-5 days a week. :thumbsup:

Toma
04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Had no idea this was here lol....

I started "playing" in January on my own.... 252 pounds 25% BF...

Today... 236, 18% BF

Goal... 225, 10% BF.

I don't do drugs or crap, so mine is just a straight but loose Atkins low carb and lifting. No cardio.

Darkane
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Had no idea this was here lol....

I started "playing" in January on my own.... 252 pounds 25% BF...

Today... 236, 18% BF

Goal... 225, 10% BF.

I don't do drugs or crap, so mine is just a straight but loose Atkins low carb and lifting. No cardio.

Something doesn't add up at all!

252 lbs.. 1% = 2.5lbs.

15% x 2.5 = 37.5lbs.

252-37.5lbs = 214.5lbs.

You GAINED 10lbs of lean muscle muscle mass while on a calorie deficit and taking in minimal carbs. Either you should be competing, or You're full of shit.

Also 225@10% natural is freakish.

To put into perspective, when Arnie did his movies in the late 80's, Predator for example, he was weighing in at 215 @8%.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/Quintesson_2006/10104031.jpg

Go figure.

Toma
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM

Something doesn't add up at all!

252 lbs.. 1% = 2.5lbs.

15% x 2.5 = 37.5lbs.

252-37.5lbs = 214.5lbs.

You GAINED 10lbs of lean muscle muscle mass while on a calorie deficit and taking in minimal carbs. Either you should be competing, or You're full of shit.

Also 225@10% natural is freakish.

To put into perspective, when Arnie did his movies in the late 80's, Predator for example, he was weighing in at 215 @8%.

Go figure.

252 x .75 = 189 lean
236 x .82 = 193.5 lean
225 x .90 = 202.5 lean (1 year goal)

So, I only gained 4.5 pounds in 4 months of hard work.... (3 days on, twice a day, short duration, 1 day off) and I would not call fat measurement an exact science, but my strength is up, so I gained something....

This is Atkins.... you can't lose muscle, and its not necessarily calorie deficit

Toma
04-23-2008, 09:05 PM
No way he was only 215!!! Holy crap. Wish I looked like that lol.

smokedog
04-23-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm 195 lbs and looking to lose weight......and my weight lose program is to go on P90x....and just wonderin' if using p90x is good for losing weight or just used for putting on muscle, which puts on mass.....so is this p90x a good weight loss program or should i stick to cardio(treadmill or elliptical)

Darkane
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM

252 x .75 = 189 lean
236 x .82 = 193.5 lean
225 x .90 = 202.5 lean (1 year goal)

So, I only gained 4.5 pounds in 4 months of hard work.... (3 days on, twice a day, short duration, 1 day off) and I would not call fat measurement an exact science, but my strength is up, so I gained something....

This is Atkins.... you can't lose muscle, and its not necessarily calorie deficit

Lol! I need to read more closely. I thought you made it to 10% already. Sorry man.

236@ 18% is reasonable for sure.

Also.. yes Arnie is that weight. He was 240 when he Won Olympia.

EDIT: Yes I know about the Atkins diet. I'm on a similar style Called a Timed Carb Diet.

Basically I put myself into Ketosis (zero carb) for up 5 days at a time. For carbs I only consume after workouts (timed effecT) and during planned carb up days.

Only problem is during the carb up days I feel off big time. Energy levels are anything but stable. When in ketosis blood sugar levels stay perfectly stable in a healthy person.

The first couple days getting into this state is where people fail and "cheat" with carbs.

Once in Ketosis it's fucking amazing. Constant energy ALL THE TIME. People yawning all around you, being "tired" lol..

Toma
04-23-2008, 10:24 PM
What's with the "carb up" days? I was reading the old Bchem notes, and would seem to me, the only days that Atkins is catabolic as some claim is the first few days while transitioning to ketosis....

..... so doing this every 5 days.... I dunno... my old "Stryer" textbook actually went into how much protein on average the body can lose in the first 72 hours or so, but out of all my books.... I lost the best one :banghead:

Darkane
04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Simply gym performance. Glycogen stores are depleted and lifting goes to shit.

Need carbs to put on mass, strength can be achieved with Ketones.

Strength does not equal mass in most cases :D

Toma
04-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Simply gym performance. Glycogen stores are depleted and lifting goes to shit.

Need carbs to put on mass, strength can be achieved with Ketones.

Strength does not equal mass in most cases :D
Ahhh... YOu know, one thing I never looked into with Atkins.... and I bet its hard to find the info.... when you work out hard and don't eat, you can use all your glycogen in a matter of hours.... hell, even liver glycogen is gone in 12 hours if you don;t eat.

So what if you eat NO carbs.... do you have NO glycogen? I doubt that, but I wonder if gluconeogenesis is enough to replenish the stores?

Hmmmm.

I have no desire to be big.... I just wanna be strong and trim.

Darkane
04-25-2008, 09:09 PM

Ahhh... YOu know, one thing I never looked into with Atkins.... and I bet its hard to find the info.... when you work out hard and don't eat, you can use all your glycogen in a matter of hours.... hell, even liver glycogen is gone in 12 hours if you don;t eat.

So what if you eat NO carbs.... do you have NO glycogen? I doubt that, but I wonder if gluconeogenesis is enough to replenish the stores?

Hmmmm.

I have no desire to be big.... I just wanna be strong and trim.

No you have some glycogen from the glucogenisis. The brain can only do 70% of it's feeding from Ketones. Rest needs to be sugar :D

During intense workout the body becomes Catabolic anyway, so supplementing with BCAA's will combat that.

The specific amino acid chains used for Fuel are:

Leucine, Valine, and Isoleucine. These get used primarily for HEAVY intense workouts.

So really, you can stay somewhat anabolic Still using Ketones and minimizing further glucogenisis by supplementing with BCAA's.

Just a though ;)

Darkane
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM

222lbs again Yesterday. That was at night and after a cheat meal the night before. Different scale from the last time as well (different gyms)

I'll weigh in again tommorow. I should be 220 or under.

Reason for being 222 still is for 1 g of carbs, 3 g of water will follow. I figure I took in a ton of carbs on our Traditional feast on the last night of Night sets. I figure I consumed around 400 carbs that night so add in another 1200g Water.

1g = 1ml so roughly 1.2L of water retention. That's around 2.5lbs.

All still going good though! :thumbsup: Slower than most of you guys, Curse this Hypothyroidism and Insulin resistance lol!

Update!

218lbs (-18) Today.

Feeling great, just had a punishing posterior day.

8x3 Squats, One of the most intense sessions ever. 8 sets mentally fucks with you. At the end the feeling is just pure power. Love it.

Come on people, Updates! Did you guys stop or something?! :whipped: :whipped:

People who are stalled: Check this out www.redpointfitness.com

It's amazing, it'll tell you what to do. I'm not affiliated with it.

Darkane
04-28-2008, 02:30 PM

lol... I don't blame you though. To many people aren't informed.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/Quintesson_2006/FitdayexampleKeto.jpg

Darkane
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Look up a keto diet, there might be some trace carbs in the seasoning that he puts on the food but its a high protein high fat diet.

ie:

8 oz beef

8 oz chicken

8 oz beef

He then has his carb up day every 4th-7th day, depending on how he is feeling. But when he is in keto mode, he avoids carbs like crazy otherwise it ruins the effects of Ketosis that he is trying to get.

Actually I'm not just yet on the BCAA diet. Going to start that up after I stall on standard TCD.. or then again maybe not seeing how it goes :D

Might do the 20-30G creatine/high does BCAA's with heavy fish oil diet IA is on right now.

Alternate Chicken/beef + spinach every sitting. :D

EDIT: Man I'm hungry, it's 2:30 and I'm already at 145G protein and woke up at 10 haha.

Oz-
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Update on my lifting progress

Weight still holding steady from last week, but down a notch on the lifting belt.

Anyways

Squat from 30 days ago has gone up 110lbs

Deadlift went up 40 lbs from 30 days ago, would have had more but I was gassed by the time I finished up with squat max.

So to recap maxes for weights from feb 13

Squat

250 x 3

Deadlift

275 x 3

Now

Squat - 425 1RM - probably have another 10-15 lbs in my legs but going to test again during my next deload
Deadlift 405 1RM - probably able to get 450+ but was too tired to lockout, again will test during next deload.

Edit: I suspect that most of my nueral gains have stopped now and will have to get back to muscle growth/strength for lifts to keep going up.

New program is next week and a modified 5 x 5.

Darkane
04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
^^ Jesus. What is your Body weight and BF% now man?

Oz-
04-29-2008, 09:15 PM
^^ Jesus. What is your Body weight and BF% now man?

I was doing my testing through my bathroom scale, but decided to start using Peak Power at SAIT for testing weight/bf5/girth measurements.

So weight is holding at 257ish and 28.5% bf. Will see how my weight goes down on this recomp, which also has me doing a half TCD. All my BF is in my gut, hips, back, chest, when they did my legs there was barely any skin for the caliper to grab. Hardest part to get rid of now.

EDIT: typo on the BF%