PDA

View Full Version : Aligment Shops

speedracer
08-01-2002, 12:34 PM
Ok, I just got the car back and am in need of some MAJOR alignment. The shop didn't want to touch the car :dunno:
-2.3 Camber and 1/8 toe isn't much to ask on slotted konis, is it? :drool: hehe

So where can I go for an alignment that won't charge an arm and a leg but at the same time get me the specs that i I want?

speedracer
08-01-2002, 03:35 PM
*bump*

So far I've made an appointment @ Tirecraft on macleod.
Hopefully I don't get jacked on a "race alignment" on a stock spec.

Redlyne_mr2
08-01-2002, 03:43 PM
too bad you dont live in Red deer..there are actually place shere that advertise alignments specifically for lowered vehicles

speedracer
08-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
too bad you dont live in Red deer..there are actually place shere that advertise alignments specifically for lowered vehicles

It's not lowered :D. I just notice it's a pain in the arse to ask shops to align to my specs :(

speedracer
08-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Update:
I got my car aligned to the specs that I wanted. (Well mostly it seems I need to slot my konis a bit more for more camber...mwhahaahhaha).

Anyway, they did a good job IMO. No scratched wheels and no attitude becasue I wanted a different spec alignment :D

Only a small hitch my steering wheel is still 1 degree off. I'll drop by tmr and hopefully they can cure that.

kenny
08-02-2002, 05:48 PM
I see I'm not the only one doing last minute preparations for track day! :D

Tirecraft is great, I just got both sets of tires mounted there today, no scratches at all. They put cloths over the wheel clamps to ensure no scratches will appear on my wheels which is great. I hope the weather is good for track day! :burnout:

silvercivicsir
08-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Again should of brought it to Walmart and let there untrained Techs do it. Ive seen one of them use the "reverse" method and open the clamps and "close it on the wheel's outer edge.. no damage to the rim, but I've only seen one person do it, and it was the Yellow person. I guess the white/red neck people wouldn't do it.

speedracer
08-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by kenny

It's not so bad. I almost didn't have a car to run the event
:p which would have sucked! :guns:

But so far the forecast doesn't look so good :(

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
Again should of brought it to Walmart and let there untrained Techs do it.

I'l wait until they get an alignment rack....:rofl:

4wheeldrift
08-02-2002, 09:14 PM

Tirecraft is great, I just got both sets of tires mounted there today, no scratches at all. They put cloths over the wheel clamps to ensure no scratches will appear on my wheels which is great. I hope the weather is good for track day! :burnout:

Got yourself some R compounds?

kenny
08-03-2002, 12:38 AM
I sure did... couldn't get the kumhos in before track day so I opted for the A032Rs which I have heard isn't as good but it'll have to suffice.

speedracer
08-03-2002, 01:50 AM
I sure did... couldn't get the kumhos in before track day so I opted for the A032Rs which I have heard isn't as good but it'll have to suffice.
Better heat cycle those tires fast before Monday!

kenny
08-03-2002, 02:21 AM
Planning on doing that sometime this weekend in between all the wedding festivities :D

buh_buh
08-03-2002, 02:32 AM
Planning on doing that sometime this weekend in between all the wedding festivities :D
if you don't have the time, I'd be more than happy to help you out.:D

4wheeldrift
08-03-2002, 07:31 AM

You'll probably be happier with the A032Rs for the track day, just because they are a harder compound tire and will last longer. I have a feeling I'm going to end up rotating tires at lunch to try and even out the wear.