PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil talks about Street Racing

trev0006
01-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Dr. Phil talks about Street Racing (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/01-10-08page-Dr-Phil-talks-about-Street-Racing.htm)

rawsensation
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
wonder if they watch the fast and the furious to pick up moves b4 they race :D

spikerS
01-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I hate Dr. Phil, but this is the smartest i have ever seen him. :thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
01-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Dr. Phil is a douche.

Evolize
01-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Heh. Heh. Heh. Guilty. Heh. Heh. Heh......hehehe

reiRei
01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
wow, some real winners in this video...

KuruptEX
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
lmfao dumbasses:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Evolize
01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I mean yeah, Streetracing is bad, dumb etc etc. But get some common sense. If you're going out racing, at least pick a road less travelled, get a couple people on FRS' to do some spotting at all intersections, and make sure the roads good to go. You don't go down your street from your house and race the damn car lol.

JoniBoy
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
I mean yeah, Streetracing is bad, dumb etc etc. But get some common sense. If you're going out racing, at least pick a road less travelled, get a couple people on FRS' to do some spotting at all intersections, and make sure the roads good to go. You don't go down your street from your house and race the damn car lol.

+1

Going 60 mph in a pedestrian area is a lot different than going 200km/h on the highway out to banff at 2 in the morning with no one in sight.

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Dr. Phil is a douche.

Yeah he really is.

reiRei
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM

or don't even go street racing at all, and take it to the track

Melinda
01-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by JoniBoy

+1

Going 60 mph in a pedestrian area is a lot different than going 200km/h on the highway out to banff at 2 in the morning with no one in sight.

Yeah, until you hit a moose or a deer that you're going too fast to stop for and end up getting badly injured or killed when he comes through your windshield to say hello.

I'm living proof that street racing is the worst thing you could do behind the wheel besides drinking and driving. I'm with the previous poster, keep it at the track.

Evolize
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by reiRei

or don't even go street racing at all, and take it to the track blah balh blah.....track this track that. the shitty track is only open once a week for 5 months out of the year. I ran my car in autox at race city and their "track" beat the shit out of my car and many others. Their shit is junk.

Evolize
01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
this whole thread is stupid. youre gonna have people like me and others that see no wrong doing in taking a secluded piece of road and racing on it, and then youre going to have the little fucking prissy pants church boys who wouldnt even dream of driving a car 1km/h over the speed limit. people just dont fucking understand there is a time and a place, and that time and place is NOT always at the shitty as piece of junk track we call race city.

Kobe
01-08-2008, 09:18 PM
blah balh blah.....track this track that. the shitty track is only open once a week for 5 months out of the year. I ran my car in autox at race city and their "track" beat the shit out of my car and many others. Their shit is junk.

How many more times do you have to be banned before you learn?

Evolize
01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

How many more times do you have to be banned before you learn? Learn what, exactly. I have my opinion, I am entitled to it. If I think race city is crap because of what it does to a vehicle, I am allowed to say it. Jesus.

civic2001
01-08-2008, 09:21 PM
man i hate Dr. Phil so much, but he was moderately right on this one.

and on a side note, im still slightly impressed his talon got up to 147mph, i woulda shit my pants

Evolize
01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by civic2001
man i hate Dr. Phil so much, but he was moderately right on this one.

and on a side note, im still slightly impressed his talon got up to 147mph, i woulda shit my pants High speed runs like that are retarded IMHO. It's one thing to race on a piece of road thats a mile long, and go a 1/4 of it , but a top speed run is another story. I have never done a top speed run and never will. Racing up to 100mph and slowing down is fine in my books , on the roads that i frequent. but of course i am just an idiot street racer , yet ive been doing it for years, never crashed, never been caught, never raced with a group thats been busted or had an accident while we were racing together.

slick2404
01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Dr. Phil is a douche.
So is the audience that applauses after every gay joke, comment and philosophical point he makes.

tom_9109
01-08-2008, 10:00 PM
High speed runs like that are retarded IMHO. It's one thing to race on a piece of road thats a mile long, and go a 1/4 of it , but a top speed run is another story. I have never done a top speed run and never will. Racing up to 100mph and slowing down is fine in my books , on the roads that i frequent. but of course i am just an idiot street racer , yet ive been doing it for years, never crashed, never been caught, never raced with a group thats been busted or had an accident while we were racing together.

So basically its okay for people to do it the way you do. You might get away with it because you do it the smart way but the truth is one day you or one of your buddies will misjudge something or not get on the radio quick enough and shits gonna go way south really fast. I was just like you up until I had a mechanical failure totally out of my control give me a major wake up call. You'll get yours one day.

How old are you by the way?

Redlyne_mr2
01-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Dr. Phil is a fag.. Street racing has been around since cars existed.

Canmorite
01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3645/peesl5.gif Dr. Phil.

EDIT: I'm not dissing his message, just the way he gets his point across.

JoniBoy
01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Yeah, Until you hit a moose or a deer that you're going too fast to stop for and end up getting badly injured or killed when he comes through your winshield to say hello.

Yeah I'm not saying its safe by any means. I'm just saying there's a difference between risking your own life rather than other peoples'.

Destinova403
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by slick2404

So is the audience that applauses after every gay joke, comment and philosophical point he makes.

+1... he is MUCH too smug...

mark4091
01-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by JoniBoy

I don't know how you can sight things that well at 2am while going 200km/h.

JoniBoy
01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by mark4091

I don't know how you can sight things that well at 2am while going 200km/h.

^^Not saying its safe. You can see headlights miles away (I'm talking about closer to the city, not the mountains) so again, you're not risking other peope's lives

InLoveWitRSX
01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I live my life a quarter mile at a time..

Gibson
01-09-2008, 12:15 AM
High speed runs like that are retarded IMHO.

Nobody cares about your HO.

but of course i am just an idiot street racer

This is analytically correct.

I have my opinion, I am entitled to it.

Entitled to it, yes. Now shutup.

this whole thread is stupid.

That must be why you've posted 6 times in it?

Schwa
01-09-2008, 12:20 AM
this whole thread is stupid. youre gonna have people like me and others that see no wrong doing in taking a secluded piece of road and racing on it, and then youre going to have the little fucking prissy pants church boys who wouldnt even dream of driving a car 1km/h over the speed limit. people just dont fucking understand there is a time and a place, and that time and place is NOT always at the shitty as piece of junk track we call race city.

All hail the king and authority on street racing.
Bitch please. :rolleyes:

Evolize
01-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109

So basically its okay for people to do it the way you do. You might get away with it because you do it the smart way but the truth is one day you or one of your buddies will misjudge something or not get on the radio quick enough and shits gonna go way south really fast. I was just like you up until I had a mechanical failure totally out of my control give me a major wake up call. You'll get yours one day.

How old are you by the way? I am old enough to know better not to do stupid shit, but you can't go living through life thinking about the 'what ifs' for everything you do. At least I know when I am on a stretch of road and there is absolutely nothing but pavement for the entire stretch that I am running on, nobody else but me and the person beside me can face the consequences of our actions. Just think of race city without retaining walls, a longer strip of pavement, and farmer fields to the sides of you. Now seriously, I'd rather end up banging up my suspension on some farmers field, and tangling up a little fence, than slamming into a wall. And yeah sure, sometimes I do red light racing, ok, but who doesn't. I don't know one person who has NEVER gunned it to the next light with somebody beside me, even if you're only gunning it up to the speed limit.

Evolize
01-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Jlude
01-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Gibson

Nobody cares about your HO.

This is analytically correct.

Entitled to it, yes. Now shutup.

That must be why you've posted 6 times in it? [/B]

Evolize must be PMS'ing pretty bad...

On topic... Dr. Phil is a jackass... I'm sure he makes good points on occasion... and maybe he does know what he's talking about... but he reminds me of a shady used car salesman. (no offence to any used car salesmen on here)

Evolize
01-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

Evolize must be PMS'ing pretty bad...

On topic... Dr. Phil is a jackass... I'm sure he makes good points on occasion... and maybe he does know what he's talking about... but he reminds me of a shady used car salesman. (no offence to any used car salesmen on here) Not PMS'ing J, just frustrated that people can only see one side of things. They automatically think that when somebody races on a public road they are worse than the devil, when some of the races I've been to have been like going to race city but with fresh paved roads, and no ambulance.

sk65guy
01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
I used to street race all the time but once I crashed going 180kmh I never
did it again I always thought nutting could go wrong but you never no street racing is no good

sk65guy
01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry repost

Evolize
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by sk65guy
I used to street race all the time but once I crashed going 180kmh I never
did it again I always thought nutting could go wrong but you never no street racing is no good Of course something can go wrong. You can get killed driving to the store for a coffee. Etc etc. Going 180km I have only ever done twice, and crashing at that speed would be horrific, glad you're doing ok!

stevo 27
01-09-2008, 12:51 AM
dr phil is a moron i hate him

but simple fact is no "street racing" isnt the end of the world it doesnt make you evil, but no if ands or buts everytime you do your taking a chance somethin could go wrong you could take someone out, and i do believe theres a a way to be smart about it take it out to the boonies were nobodys around you greatly reduce the chance of killin someone, hit a moose well your damn fault. ive done it m sure 99% of you have and will again but id rather see it somewere without a high concentrion of people

spikerS
01-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I am old enough to know better not to do stupid shit, but you can't go living through life thinking about the 'what ifs' for everything you do. At least I know when I am on a stretch of road and there is absolutely nothing but pavement for the entire stretch that I am running on, nobody else but me and the person beside me can face the consequences of our actions. Just think of race city without retaining walls, a longer strip of pavement, and farmer fields to the sides of you. Now seriously, I'd rather end up banging up my suspension on some farmers field, and tangling up a little fence, than slamming into a wall. And yeah sure, sometimes I do red light racing, ok, but who doesn't. I don't know one person who has NEVER gunned it to the next light with somebody beside me, even if you're only gunning it up to the speed limit.

And i nominate Evolize to be the next recipient of the Darwin award! Congrats dude! I will be sure they put the trophy next to your tomb-stone. :thumbsup:

Ihatetowait
01-09-2008, 01:27 AM
I am old enough to know better not to do stupid shit, but you can't go living through life thinking about the 'what ifs' for everything you do.

Translation: You're 17, smug, and feel bulletproof.

I wonder 'what if' you would shut up?

mikestang
01-09-2008, 01:32 AM
heres a question for people against street racing...

have you ever

done hard drugs like cocaine, crack, meth
cheated on a spouse
looked the other way when a crime was being committed
committed a crime

seeing someone else street racing, possibly driving drunk, etc. and not reported it? thats just as bad because you knew about it and you did nothing to prevent it... its not just the people who make bad choices, its the good people who do nothing about it. (plus if that person kills someone, guess what.. you could've stopped it.)

cheated on a spouse? that can severly fuck peoples lives up just as much as crashing into someone else. build up a relationship and destroy it leaves lasting psychological effects on people for years, the same as a street racing accident (excluding manslaughter from it)

not report a crime being commmited? against the law, good for you

commited a crime, same deal. stole shit? thats also against peoples religious beliefs so you just offended a whole religion (same as above and the rest of shit)

street racing is just like anything else considered to be bad. the weight of the consequences are in the eye of the beholder.

the fact that you're trying to impose your beliefs on someone else, and shut them down for not being like you is far worse. it shows you believe you're the alpha, the best, it's your word as the word and no one is good enough.... that's a big character flaw...not confidence. :)

If people choose to die young and take someone with them.. good for them, it was their choice and people will pay for it. It's going to happen regardless. What about your wife who's putting makeup on in the vehicle while driving? well fuck, that's worse than street racing - not paying attention is the biggest cause of all.

smart, attentive street racers will generally only get into an accident due to mechanical failuire which has a less percentage of happening vs. human error.... tell your bitch to pretty up after she gives someone a blowjob in the bathroom.

LadyLuck
01-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by slick2404

they applaud on command :rofl:

mikestang
01-09-2008, 01:35 AM
PS.

everyone will think theyre bulletproof.. it's the introduction of real responsibility that will make someone more responsible and not street race.

get a house, a girlfriend, kids... you learn taking those idiotic risks day in and day out is just stupid. a responsible person usually won't do that.

that's why you see people from 16-50 street racing. think that millionaire with no family thinks about or cares about getting into an accident? doubtful.

Ihatetowait
01-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by mikestang
heres a question for people against street racing...

have you ever

done hard drugs like cocaine, crack, meth
cheated on a spouse
looked the other way when a crime was being committed
committed a crime

seeing someone else street racing, possibly driving drunk, etc. and not reported it? thats just as bad because you knew about it and you did nothing to prevent it... its not just the people who make bad choices, its the good people who do nothing about it. (plus if that person kills someone, guess what.. you could've stopped it.)

cheated on a spouse? that can severly fuck peoples lives up just as much as crashing into someone else. build up a relationship and destroy it leaves lasting psychological effects on people for years, the same as a street racing accident (excluding manslaughter from it)

not report a crime being commmited? against the law, good for you

commited a crime, same deal. stole shit? thats also against peoples religious beliefs so you just offended a whole religion (same as above and the rest of shit)

street racing is just like anything else considered to be bad. the weight of the consequences are in the eye of the beholder.

the fact that you're trying to impose your beliefs on someone else, and shut them down for not being like you is far worse. it shows you believe you're the alpha, the best, it's your word as the word and no one is good enough.... that's a big character flaw...not confidence. :)

If people choose to die young and take someone with them.. good for them, it was their choice and people will pay for it. It's going to happen regardless. What about your wife who's putting makeup on in the vehicle while driving? well fuck, that's worse than street racing - not paying attention is the biggest cause of all.

smart, attentive street racers will generally only get into an accident due to mechanical failuire which has a less percentage of happening vs. human error.... tell your bitch to pretty up after she gives someone a blowjob in the bathroom.

I've re-read this a couple times, and I still think you're a douche no matter how much I agree with some of your points.

403civic
01-09-2008, 01:39 AM
that was the 1st time I've ever watched Dr.Phil and it will be my last, all I have to say is, "What a fag!"

Redlyne_mr2
01-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Ihatetowait

I've re-read this a couple times, and I still think you're a douche no matter how much I agree with some of your points.

haha i know.. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt by reading his post over but its a complete mess. Makes sense that hes from Edmonton.

mikestang
01-09-2008, 01:48 AM

:D

thankyou

maybe ill clean it up when im awake

mikestang
01-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

haha i know.. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt by reading his post over but its a complete mess. Makes sense that hes from Edmonton.

i was raised in calgary =o

MidnightDreamer
01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
I agree that there are times and places where a street race can happen without presenting any serious risk to others not involved. But I think it's a lack of judgment of some of us as drivers that lead to some of the bad things associated with street racing.

Redlyne_mr2
01-09-2008, 02:14 AM

i was raised in calgary =o
I think Edmonton is rubbing off on you, I know the point youre trying to make and I agree with your overall idea.. just some of the things didnt make sense :) :D

sneek
01-09-2008, 02:23 AM
i dono 100mph isn't hugely fast. I am in the states right now...and for sections I would say that the majority of drivers are going 85+MPH, according to the GPS I hit 98.7, but I think that was only for a second. Good message...but like others have said...Dr. Phil is an douche.

jdm_eg6
01-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Yeah, until you hit a moose or a deer that you're going too fast to stop for and end up getting badly injured or killed when he comes through your windshield to say hello.

I'm living proof that street racing is the worst thing you could do behind the wheel besides drinking and driving. I'm with the previous poster, keep it at the track.

doesn't matter if your going 100 or 200kph, you'll get worked either way.

A790
01-09-2008, 08:16 AM
You know what really pisses me off about Dr. Phil? That chick, as soon as the show started, starts to fucking cry. WHY ARE YOU CRYING BITCH, YOU'RE JUST SITTING THERE TALKING. Maybe it's just me, but it happens on like 75% of his fucking shows- they start talking, and wah wah wah, out come the tears.

As far as street racing, one of my friends lost his life to it, I don't give a fuck how you try and justify it you are putting people at risk. If I ever saw it going down I'd be damn sure to call you in, no questions asked. Take your idiocy somewhere else, off public roads, and away from situations where people could get hurt.

Case and point, a friend of mine has a paved landing strip on his property that's nearly a half mile long. When we feel like dragging, we do it there. We can't hit anyone, there's nothing around us for miles, and if we get hurt it's just US, and no one else. You see, there isn't a track that's close to where I'm living now, so this is the next best thing. With Race City sitting within 30 minutes of you, racing on the street is retarded.

And as for Race City only being open 5 months of the year, explain to me why the fuck you want/need to race in the winter anyway?

Sorry Dave, I think you're an alright guy, but your posts in this thread make you sound like a total moron.

Melinda
01-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6

doesn't matter if your going 100 or 200kph, you'll get worked either way.
Uh huh, but if you're only going 110-120 instead of 200ish, you'll probably see the animal a hell of a lot sooner and be able to slow down or swerve around it. Not 100% of the time, but guaranteed you definately you have a better chance of avoiding tragedy if you aren't going so fast.

SCHIDER23
01-09-2008, 08:59 AM
the two guys from the show made me laugh, you can tell they're just saying what everyone in the show wants to hear, they won't change:dunno:

tom_9109
01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I am old enough to know better not to do stupid shit, but you can't go living through life thinking about the 'what ifs' for everything you do. At least I know when I am on a stretch of road and there is absolutely nothing but pavement for the entire stretch that I am running on, nobody else but me and the person beside me can face the consequences of our actions. Just think of race city without retaining walls, a longer strip of pavement, and farmer fields to the sides of you. Now seriously, I'd rather end up banging up my suspension on some farmers field, and tangling up a little fence, than slamming into a wall. And yeah sure, sometimes I do red light racing, ok, but who doesn't. I don't know one person who has NEVER gunned it to the next light with somebody beside me, even if you're only gunning it up to the speed limit.

No seriously, share your age. I think everyone knows what it is.

On a Dr. Phil note, he used to be awesome. He really helped a lot of people. But now he has turned into a Maury, next thing you see him do will be paternity tests with 15 men. He lost his way big time.

Schwa
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey douche canoe, where in my post did I say I was an authority on it. I simply state what my method of doing things is. Fuck YOU.

Editted to not be a douche -- I realized arguing with a high schooler is just fucking inane.

Jlude
01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Can't we all just get along!:rofl:

turbo4dr
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 403civic
that was the 1st time I've ever watched Dr.Phil and it will be my last, all I have to say is, "What a fag!"

Dr. Phil is a fag what a waste of time. And his show is all Fake bull shit.

rc2002
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
This is a forum for car enthusiasts where the majority of people are male between between 16-35 years of age. Preaching that spirited driving is wrong will be an uphill battle.

I'm willing to bet the majority of people here have gone 100mph at one time or another (especially the highway). What's the point of owning a 300+ HP car to drive it like a granny?

People need to realize that limiting speeding of any kind to the track is impossible. A lot of responsible people will push their car within reason to see what it can do. I've pulled up beside old guys in their project cars (ie Mustangs) before who are more than willing to give you a brief run from a traffic light.

It's when people don't drive within reason that bad things happen - top speed runs and weaving in traffic are just stupid things to do.

Swank
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by turbo4dr

Dr. Phil is a fag what a waste of time. And his show is all Fake bull shit.
I agree, what a script. Dr. Phil wouldn't have a penny if people like those 'street racers' (probably just actors) didn't come on his show and admit to doing horrible things. And then for him to threaten to haunt them for the rest of their lives because they agreed to give him the one thing he needs to even have a show? Get the fack out of here. There has to be some serious incentives in place for them to go on there and say that stuff on national TV if they aren't just actors.

mikestang
01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by A790
You know what really pisses me off about Dr. Phil? That chick, as soon as the show started, starts to fucking cry. WHY ARE YOU CRYING BITCH, YOU'RE JUST SITTING THERE TALKING. Maybe it's just me, but it happens on like 75% of his fucking shows- they start talking, and wah wah wah, out come the tears.

As far as street racing, one of my friends lost his life to it, I don't give a fuck how you try and justify it you are putting people at risk. If I ever saw it going down I'd be damn sure to call you in, no questions asked. Take your idiocy somewhere else, off public roads, and away from situations where people could get hurt.

Case and point, a friend of mine has a paved landing strip on his property that's nearly a half mile long. When we feel like dragging, we do it there. We can't hit anyone, there's nothing around us for miles, and if we get hurt it's just US, and no one else. You see, there isn't a track that's close to where I'm living now, so this is the next best thing. With Race City sitting within 30 minutes of you, racing on the street is retarded.

And as for Race City only being open 5 months of the year, explain to me why the fuck you want/need to race in the winter anyway?

Sorry Dave, I think you're an alright guy, but your posts in this thread make you sound like a total moron.

what's the difference between the landing strip that you frequent and a strip of industrial road at 2 in the morning? aside the obvious private property difference.

is there a 10 foot tall perimeter fence to keep out all wildlife? do you inspect that road for nails and debris to prevent against possible tire blow outs?

it's just as dangerous as doing it on a public road thats deserted late at night (to you and your racing buddy's life) it's a risk that people take to enjoy themselves.

I used to race a lot, I used to drive fast all the time... I have a pile of tickets and suspension to back it up... I'll never change the feeling of wanting to go fast and race-the only thing that changes my led foot are the responsibilities I now have attached to me.

streetracing going 100 in a construction zone weaving in and out of traffic and almost hitting shit is different than 2am racing on secluded roads, or even red light on freeways (who the fuck are you going to hurt on most major freeways at 2am besides you and the guy next to you)...

as far as dumb street racing on crowded roads, cnstruction zone, 2lane innercity racing up to 100+... thats just fucking dumb, because you have no control over anything that's happening.

whiskas
01-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Dr. Phil is a fag.. Street racing has been around since domesticated horses existed.

fixed.

mikestang
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
ill race u for pinks for that mustang... how much horse that baby got? 1.1 boi U GOING DOWN YEEHHH WOOOO!!!!

JRSC00LUDE
01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/mic.jpg'shttp://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/JRSC00LUDE/TANG.jpg
ill race u for pinks for that mustang... how much horse that baby got? 1.1 boi U GOING DOWN YEEHHH WOOOO!!!!

A++

HondaRice
01-09-2008, 02:50 PM
why do people street race? just "accelerate to the speed limt" then go to the movies

A790
01-09-2008, 03:21 PM

what's the difference between the landing strip that you frequent and a strip of industrial road at 2 in the morning? aside the obvious private property difference.

is there a 10 foot tall perimeter fence to keep out all wildlife? do you inspect that road for nails and debris to prevent against possible tire blow outs?

it's just as dangerous as doing it on a public road thats deserted late at night (to you and your racing buddy's life) it's a risk that people take to enjoy themselves.

I used to race a lot, I used to drive fast all the time... I have a pile of tickets and suspension to back it up... I'll never change the feeling of wanting to go fast and race-the only thing that changes my led foot are the responsibilities I now have attached to me.

streetracing going 100 in a construction zone weaving in and out of traffic and almost hitting shit is different than 2am racing on secluded roads, or even red light on freeways (who the fuck are you going to hurt on most major freeways at 2am besides you and the guy next to you)...

as far as dumb street racing on crowded roads, cnstruction zone, 2lane innercity racing up to 100+... thats just fucking dumb, because you have no control over anything that's happening.

It's private property, there is a 6 ft tall barbed wire fence to keep animals OUT as he has cattle/horses, and the big difference is that unlike people like Evolize, there's no one else around but us. We're putting only ourselves at risk, not Joe Blow who's just cruising down the street. I never said that what I do isn't a risk, but it's a risk that only I has to bear, not the rest of the community. People also forget that even if there aren't other cars around, there are buildings, homes, etc.

Racing carries risk at the track, but it's controlled. Street racing can't be completely controlled no matter how much people try to justify it. At the end of the day, it's lame and pathetic.

stevo 27
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
ok honostly why does everyonce car so much it's gonna happen
no matter what you do say,90 out of 100 people between the age of 16-50 are gonna go for a heathly romp once in awhile
fuck i had a friend killed because of it,i also had a friend who was killed satnding in a garage,you can die anywere anytime for any reason so live life have fun dont be too stupid about it and youll be alright , fuck i know if someone pulled up beside me with a nice car at a light with NOBODY around hell ya ill go for it

if i didnt like speed and just wanted to get around id drive a fucking smart car

A790
01-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27
ok honostly why does everyonce car so much it's gonna happen
no matter what you do say,90 out of 100 people between the age of 16-50 are gonna go for a heathly romp once in awhile
fuck i had a friend killed because of it,i also had a friend who was killed satnding in a garage,you can die anywere anytime for any reason so live life have fun dont be too stupid about it and youll be alright , fuck i know if someone pulled up beside me with a nice car at a light with NOBODY around hell ya ill go for it

if i didnt like speed and just wanted to get around id drive a fucking smart car
What you're doing right here is showing your age. Experience will tell you that there's a time and a place for everything- in your case, one fatass ticket or license suspension will do the trick. I think you're a good guy, but I also think it's unfortunate that you think that way.

Evolize
01-09-2008, 06:48 PM

Translation: You're 17, smug, and feel bulletproof.

I wonder 'what if' you would shut up? I'm not 17, I'm not smug, I'm not bullet proof. Now go fuck yourself.

Evolize
01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Cam,

I don't race in the winter. If the temperature drops below zero its just asking for trouble. I don't race on populated roads for 10 blocks at a time.

Tell me, how is your little "airstrip" any different than my section of highway that nobody travels but the odd farmer during the afternoon with no roads intersecting it and people spotting at the start and the end. But it's no sense trying to have an arguement with some of you people here. Cam, I don't hate you or dislike you, and I applaud you for keeping it off public roads, but for you to assume I'm just another 16 year old punk in a honda is wrong. You know who I am, and you know I wouldn't endanger anybodies life but my own.

tom_9109
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Once again... how old are you then. We know you're not 17. so lets have a number.

01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Speaking of the videos: How many punk ass kids are getting DSM's/Newer Eclipses these days, shit i have seen so many 16 year olds driving (what looked to be done up) dsms.?

I just dont get why parents give dumb inexperianced highschool kids fast cars?

Under 18? you get a Firefly.

Evolize
01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
Once again... how old are you then. We know you're not 17. so lets have a number. 24

mikestang
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM

What you're doing right here is showing your age. Experience will tell you that there's a time and a place for everything- in your case, one fatass ticket or license suspension will do the trick. I think you're a good guy, but I also think it's unfortunate that you think that way.

I've lost my license, caught driving without a license I have about $7,000 in fines in 5 years

CelicaST-162
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Everybody on this forum are car enthusiasts, as we all should know when the car was invented there's always someone else trying to race it or make it faster.

Everyone on this forum including admins would be lying if they had said they never street raced in their life. Weather it be from a light or from a roll we all have done it! The only way for this car enthusiast bug to be cured it's with an unfortunate experience or..well just maturing to the point that you realize hey, this shit ain't safe no more and you diligently take it to the track if you have an agonizing speed itch.

stevo 27
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM

maybe im just thick headed but ive already had the fatass ticket and the car impounded, everyone has the right to their opinion i maybe it is just my age but i dont know one person under 60 that wont giver a good run if the road is clear, but yea i know when i finish my clecia ill give it a few full 700whp blasts on the highway forsure why not, i agree racing should be done at the track but im not dumping nearly 50k into my car to only step on the gas 2 nights a week at race city im not saying organized street racing i mean someone wants to have a lil fun ill be glad to blow their doors off :burnout: :angel:
and itll be the exact same thing when i throw my 468ci big block into my mustang

ps: if race city was open 7 days a week id be there everyday:dunno:

spikerS
01-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27

maybe im just thick headed but ive already had the fatass ticket and the car impounded, everyone has the right to their opinion i maybe it is just my age but i dont know one person under 60 that wont giver a good run if the road is clear, but yea i know when i finish my clecia ill give it a few full 700whp blasts on the highway forsure why not, i agree racing should be done at the track but im not dumping nearly 50k into my car to only step on the gas 2 nights a week at race city im not saying organized street racing i mean someone wants to have a lil fun ill be glad to blow their doors off :burnout: :angel:
and itll be the exact same thing when i throw my 468ci big block into my mustang

ps: if race city was open 7 days a week id be there everyday:dunno:

if you don't want to dump 50k into your car and only race it 2 nights a week, then don't drop 50k in your car.

Having said that, when i am on the highway doing 125kph and some idiot blows past me, i think "hey perfect, flush out the cops for me" and 2 out of 5 times i see them pulled over by the RCMP.

A790
01-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Cam,

I don't race in the winter. If the temperature drops below zero its just asking for trouble. I don't race on populated roads for 10 blocks at a time.

Tell me, how is your little "airstrip" any different than my section of highway that nobody travels but the odd farmer during the afternoon with no roads intersecting it and people spotting at the start and the end. But it's no sense trying to have an arguement with some of you people here. Cam, I don't hate you or dislike you, and I applaud you for keeping it off public roads, but for you to assume I'm just another 16 year old punk in a honda is wrong. You know who I am, and you know I wouldn't endanger anybodies life but my own.
Because my airstrip is away from anything and anyone, period. There are no buildings, no people, no animals, no vegetation, nothing. Your "deserted" highway might not be so deserted, or maybe your empty strip of road might not be so empty. I don't have to remind you of Sergio, his truck, and a light pole do I?

I don't dislike you either Dave, I just really hope that you don't have to learn the hard way (as my friend did). Or, failing that, go find something on private property with nothing else around to race on. If it's private, then it's your problem. When you're on public roads it becomes everyone's problem.

A790
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM

I've lost my license, caught driving without a license I have about $7,000 in fines in 5 years
All you've done here is prove you're a fucking idiot. You post coming from this high and mighty attitude about street racing and how it's okay for a street racer to take someone else with them (since they'll get what's coming to them, right?).

Did you even think about what you were typing? I don't even feel the need to continue to converse with you- you're that fucking stupid. Reply with whatever you want, nothing will change the fact that you're:

A) Sans 1 drivers license

B) Poor (from $7,000 fines presumably)

C) Arrogant, with no value on other people nor their lives.

D) A total douche, but then again, you probably already know that.

E) All of the above.

Don't fucking talk to me or try to compare yourself to me, either. I drive safe and responsibly on public roads, I obey speed limits, and I am a defensive driver. I take my car to private property, that's closed off and away from the public (and wildlife), to go up and down an asphault strip. If I get hurt, that's my fault and my problem. At least I know that there's noone else around that could get fucked over because of my actions. How the fuck are you going to feel if you decide to go rip it up down Whitemud trail, smoke a family of four in a minivan, and then get nailed without a drivers license.

Smarten the fuck up.

thrasher22
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM

All you've done here is prove you're a fucking idiot. You post coming from this high and mighty attitude about street racing and how it's okay for a street racer to take someone else with them (since they'll get what's coming to them, right?).

Did you even think about what you were typing? I don't even feel the need to continue to converse with you- you're that fucking stupid. Reply with whatever you want, nothing will change the fact that you're:

E) All of the above.

Smarten the fuck up.

:werd: Couldn't have said it better. I think this pretty much summerizes everyone who argues for street racing in this thread... or ever.

dansmith11
01-10-2008, 04:05 PM

E) All of the above.

Don't fucking talk to me or try to compare yourself to me, either. I drive safe and responsibly on public roads, I obey speed limits, and I am a defensive driver. I take my car to private property, that's closed off and away from the public (and wildlife), to go up and down an asphault strip. If I get hurt, that's my fault and my problem. At least I know that there's noone else around that could get fucked over because of my actions. How the fuck are you going to feel if you decide to go rip it up down Whitemud trail, smoke a family of four in a minivan, and then get nailed without a drivers license.

Smarten the fuck up.

you know there are sections of highway that you have visibility for miles in all directions on right? where you KNOW (well to the same extent you and your friend are going to know on his land, nothing is EVER going to be 100%, not even on a track) theres no other people on the road. i dont know where this guy races, so i cant really say, but if hes racing his buddy on section of road where you can see for miles in all directions and theres no one else around, and your racing your buddy on a piece of road on his land. the only difference is who owns the land. your still endangering yourself and your buddy. theres still potential for animals, debris to be in the way. hell if you wanna play the what-if game how do you know some kids arent gonna be out messing around in the night and sneak onto your buddys land for fun ?

im not tryin to agrue street racing is ok. but i dont think your thinking very clearly if you fail to see the connection in risk level between empty flat road owned by the government and empty flat road owend by your friend.

the danger is still only to you and your friend, and maybe some wildlife. im thinking you would still feel bad if you killed your friend racing him even if its on his own land.

one could even make the arguement that its more dangerous on your friends land becuase you both assume theres nothing thats going to go wrong becusae its private land, so your not on the look out for random surprises.

onehawtrex
01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

ive hit a deer at 100k going down highway 22 twords bragg creek... wrote off my truck...air bags went off...i couldent imadgin going 200k and hitting a deer...fuck that would suck

Dooms_Bane
01-10-2008, 04:27 PM
does dr phil pick the people that goes on his show? or do the people just call in and ask to be on his show...

cuz if he picks.. damn he disrespects to hell... but anyways idiots for asking to be on his show

heavyD
01-10-2008, 04:39 PM
You guys to know that Dr. Phil isn't even an MD. He graduated at a low-life college in north Texas where they would accept anybody off the street with a pulse and their parent's check book. Sure he took psycology but even his thesis was on a foot ailment. He's nothing more than a TV-thug who bullies specially selected misfits so why should anyone car what he thinks?

kdwebber
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by dansmith11

you know there are sections of highway that you have visibility for miles in all directions on right? where you KNOW (well to the same extent you and your friend are going to know on his land, nothing is EVER going to be 100%, not even on a track) theres no other people on the road. i dont know where this guy races, so i cant really say, but if hes racing his buddy on section of road where you can see for miles in all directions and theres no one else around, and your racing your buddy on a piece of road on his land. the only difference is who owns the land. your still endangering yourself and your buddy. theres still potential for animals, debris to be in the way. hell if you wanna play the what-if game how do you know some kids arent gonna be out messing around in the night and sneak onto your buddys land for fun ?

im not tryin to agrue street racing is ok. but i dont think your thinking very clearly if you fail to see the connection in risk level between empty flat road owned by the government and empty flat road owend by your friend.

the danger is still only to you and your friend, and maybe some wildlife. im thinking you would still feel bad if you killed your friend racing him even if its on his own land.

one could even make the arguement that its more dangerous on your friends land becuase you both assume theres nothing thats going to go wrong becusae its private land, so your not on the look out for random surprises.

you want to know what the difference is? the difference is that he is racing on PRIVATE land where no others cars are allowed to go. PERIOD.

You on the other hand are racing on a PUBLIC highway where there COULD be other cars, and by racing on this highway you are putting them in danger, however unlikely it is, there is still a chance that someone else could be driving late at night just like you, or walking their dog, or going for a late night run.

You don't own the highway, so don't drive like a dick and act like you do

dansmith11
01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by kdwebber

you want to know what the difference is? the difference is that he is racing on PRIVATE land where no others cars are allowed to go. PERIOD.

You on the other hand are racing on a PUBLIC highway where there COULD be other cars, and by racing on this highway you are putting them in danger, however unlikely it is, there is still a chance that someone else could be driving late at night just like you, or walking their dog, or going for a late night run.

You don't own the highway, so don't drive like a dick and act like you do

your not listening.

first off, im not the one racing.

im well aware that street racing is one of the most dangerous and stupid things you can do with a car.

my point is, his arguement is weak.

if im on a road where i can see 5 miles down the road, and im only racing on 1/4 mile of it. yes there COULD be other cars on the road, but i looked, and there wasnt.. so at that given time. there is no potential to risk anyones life other then my own and my friend im racing (hypoethical, again, im not the one street racing).

so in that time frame, the risks are equal.

im not saying this dude is wrong ,im saying his arguement is weak.

its also pointless and irrelevant, yes the guy street racing is stupid and wrong. but what does you racing elsewhere have to do with anything? if you really honestly wanted to try and affect change and potentially save lives by changing someones attitude, and maybe stopping them from street racing, you wouldnt come stir shit up with a holier-then-thou attitude going off about how much better then this guy you are.

so not only is it a weak arguement, but the way you present it pretty much gurantees the guy is not going to listen to you (i know he wasnt going to listen anyhow, but you went from having almost no hope of changing anything, to a 0% chance, so why even bother posting? just so you can be a dick and tell everyone how much better then this guy you are?)

Honda_002
01-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Its certainly apparent to me that some people in here like to learn lessons the hard way. I personally have had my liscense revoked twice, coupled with multiple tickets, including car impounds, blah blah. Luckily I have smartened up and realized that there is no reason to show off and waste gas, while looking like a complete tard. Sure I like to punch it from time to time, but in terms of automotive responsibility, i consider myself to be one of the safer commuters on the road, due to multiple consequences. But still it seems that theres people on here that are able to justify their behaviour. Not saying it couldnt happen on a track, but you would feel pretty shitty if you were messing around on a deserted road and you killed your friend. Let alone the cops would show up, realize the location picked, and put two and two together.

Luckily for calgary, the street races here are a COMPLETE fucking joke. Its pretty much everyone with their "underground, bad-ass, straight from compton," attitudes, spewing complete bullshit from their mouths. Things that make the mechanically inclined giggle from inside. Anyhow usually people with half a brain like to stay away which is a good thing.

Regardless to conclude my post, I cant say wether or not I have a decesive point on other side, but a death while messing around on any road would serve as a gut wretching lesson to anyone with a soul.

My .02

tom_9109
01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
You guys to know that Dr. Phil isn't even an MD. He graduated at a low-life college in north Texas where they would accept anybody off the street with a pulse and their parent's check book. Sure he took psycology but even his thesis was on a foot ailment. He's nothing more than a TV-thug who bullies specially selected misfits so why should anyone car what he thinks?

Well he has a PHD in clinical psychology and his thesis was titled "Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Psychological Intervention." hardly a foot ailment. And he has a doctorate so he is a doctor. You would have a gripe if the show was called Physician Phil. He even makes light of not being a medical doctor in scary movie 4.

A790
01-10-2008, 06:56 PM

You're missing the point entirely. You know as well as I do that the vast majority of street races aren't done in some out of the way location- they're at places like 52nd ave on saturday nights, or from stop light to stop light down McLeod trail. The big difference is that the strip of land I might go race on every now and again... IS just me and a friend. I am well aware that the same risk is there, but I am also aware that the risk is placed on my shoulders, no one elses. Guys that race in the city, on the highway, shit happens. I hit my buddy, well shit, that was a risk that we both were aware of. What about Joe Blow making a right turn from a secondary road onto your highway- suddenly it's not so deserted, is it?

You are calling my argument "weak", but you failed to grasp my argument! Please, come back here when you realize the inherent difference between PUBLIC property (and putting OTHER PEOPLE and PROPERTY at risk), and PRIVATE PROPERTY (putting only YOURSELVES at risk).

I also think it's funny that you're ignoring the larger issue - you know, street racing and the fact that it's dangerous - to attack a potentially weak argument that I've made. I'm sure you're a great debater and all, and hey, I appreciate a good debate, but it's clear to me that you aren't seeing the potential nor the risk that are amplified greatly by using public roads.

You're making up these "what-if" scenarios. You know, this convenient stretch of highway that is always deserted for 5 miles in either direction. That's fantastic, but we all know that it never (or rarely) happens, and when it does it's amazing how fast 5 miles becomes an impact when you're gunning the throttle and the other guy is coming at you at 110kph. Don't sit there and attempt to preach to me or relate me to people that race on the street because it's a fucking joke and it's pathetic that, despite all of the events and deaths that have occurred as a result of street racing, you are still trying to find ways to make it sound plausible and safe.

If it was safe it wouldn't kill people. If street racing DIDN'T kill people nobody would care about it. Funny how neither one of those statements is true, even when people use you're "deserted highway". You know, you might THINK it's deserted, but headlights only see so far and not everyone is as incredibly perceptive as you are.

Do yourself a favor and think before you start talking. When you're arguing for something that is very illegal and very dangerous you're already walking on eggshells. I fail to see how you would ever generate any amount of support from anyone other than people like mikestang, who despite losing their license and numerous tickets will continue to put the lives of others at risk.

I don't care if they put THEIR OWN lives at risk, or if it's THEIR OWN property that might get damaged. I do care when it's PUBLIC PROPERTY and INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Got my point yet? Do you see where I'm coming from? Or do I need to color code everything and spell it out for you a little bit more? Does my "holier than thou" attitude bother you? I hope so, because if you ever cause something to someone else as a result of racing you know I'd be the first person to fucking remind you of it every chance I got. You know as well as I do that someone won't change their ways because of a post on a forum- it takes blood, guts, and a guilty conscience to make everything (that was pointed out a million times) that much more clear.

I think the poster above me said it best anyway:

Originally posted by Honda_002
Regardless to conclude my post, I cant say wether or not I have a decesive point on other side, but a death while messing around on any road would serve as a gut wretching lesson to anyone with a soul.

dansmith11
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM

You're missing the point entirely. You know as well as I do that the vast majority of street races aren't done in some out of the way location- they're at places like 52nd ave on saturday nights, or from stop light to stop light down McLeod trail. The big difference is that the strip of land I might go race on every now and again... IS just me and a friend. I am well aware that the same risk is there, but I am also aware that the risk is placed on my shoulders, no one elses. Guys that race in the city, on the highway, shit happens. I hit my buddy, well shit, that was a risk that we both were aware of. What about Joe Blow making a right turn from a secondary road onto your highway- suddenly it's not so deserted, is it?

You are calling my argument "weak", but you failed to grasp my argument! Please, come back here when you realize the inherent difference between PUBLIC property (and putting OTHER PEOPLE and PROPERTY at risk), and PRIVATE PROPERTY (putting only YOURSELVES at risk).

I also think it's funny that you're ignoring the larger issue - you know, street racing and the fact that it's dangerous - to attack a potentially weak argument that I've made. I'm sure you're a great debater and all, and hey, I appreciate a good debate, but it's clear to me that you aren't seeing the potential nor the risk that are amplified greatly by using public roads.

You're making up these "what-if" scenarios. You know, this convenient stretch of highway that is always deserted for 5 miles in either direction. That's fantastic, but we all know that it never (or rarely) happens, and when it does it's amazing how fast 5 miles becomes an impact when you're gunning the throttle and the other guy is coming at you at 110kph. Don't sit there and attempt to preach to me or relate me to people that race on the street because it's a fucking joke and it's pathetic that, despite all of the events and deaths that have occurred as a result of street racing, you are still trying to find ways to make it sound plausible and safe.

If it was safe it wouldn't kill people. If street racing DIDN'T kill people nobody would care about it. Funny how neither one of those statements is true, even when people use you're "deserted highway". You know, you might THINK it's deserted, but headlights only see so far and not everyone is as incredibly perceptive as you are.

Do yourself a favor and think before you start talking. When you're arguing for something that is very illegal and very dangerous you're already walking on eggshells. I fail to see how you would ever generate any amount of support from anyone other than people like mikestang, who despite losing their license and numerous tickets will continue to put the lives of others at risk.

I don't care if they put THEIR OWN lives at risk, or if it's THEIR OWN property that might get damaged. I do care when it's PUBLIC PROPERTY and INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Got my point yet? Do you see where I'm coming from? Or do I need to color code everything and spell it out for you a little bit more? Does my "holier than thou" attitude bother you? I hope so, because if you ever cause something to someone else as a result of racing you know I'd be the first person to fucking remind you of it every chance I got. You know as well as I do that someone won't change their ways because of a post on a forum- it takes blood, guts, and a guilty conscience to make everything (that was pointed out a million times) that much more clear.

I think the poster above me said it best anyway:

I was never trying to defend street racing. i've said that im not trying to defend it, and im not saying your wrong about it.

what is wrong though is to immediately call someone a fuckin idiot and talk down to them like you are better then them becuase they have raced on a public piece of road when you dont know the circumstances of that race.

in this country there are lots of stretches of highway that you can easily see for 5 miles or more. and unless you have a car capable of driving 400km/h+. theres no way a car is going to "sneak up on you". another car doesnt even have to be in range of your headlights to see it, it has lights too. when your on a stretch of road in the middle of nowhere with no lighting on it, even soeone walking down the road with a flashlight is going to stand out and be visible from a long ways off.

your right that 90% of people who street race are retarded and will race in dumb spots. im not argueing that at all. but it IS POSSIBLE to race on a public piece of road and have no risk to innocent bystanders, they are not risking anything more then you and your friend at that point. so you cant immediately say that someone who has raced on a public road is an idiot.

i dont see how its a "fucking joke" to relate you to people who race on the streets. it might be rare, but there are situations where your level of risk is EXACTLY the same as the two guys on the street. neither group has a track inspection, car tech inpsections, , track marshalls, saftey crews/ambulance on site etc. your both risking the lives of you and your other racer, and no one else. i fail to see how thats a joke. seems to relate pretty well.

granted what im saying is wrong in most street races, but it IS possible. and i think thats enough to make it wrong for you to talk like your better then someone who raced on a public road when you have no idea what the conditions that person races under are.

and again, if you know that a post on a forum will never change anyones attitude, why bother posting and talking down to people? it seems to serve no purpose at all other then you to try and show off that your smarter/better then other people.

i mean its one thing to come and talk shit to the people who have lost licenses/had accidents/car inpounded etc. becuase we know they are idiots, beucase the fact that they got caught proves they werent racing in the situation i described above, and therefore are idiots. but you cant blanket statement like that and group everyone in with the idiots. and even with those stupid people, the second you say something like "your an idiot for street racing, im not because I do it this way instead" it now just sounds like your trying to prove your superiority. especially given that you've said you have no hope of changing anything anyhow.

either way dude, when it comes down to it, your right, we all know your right (well, all of us that arent retarded anyhow). im just tryin to stir up a more interesting debate instead of the usual beyond, "your dumb for speeding/racing/etc vs. you cant tell me what to do im invicible you dont know what your talkin about" threads that usually happen. i dont even street race haha, i just like to argue/debate. hopefully you didnt take offence.

rage2
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
everyone will think theyre bulletproof.. it's the introduction of real responsibility that will make someone more responsible and not street race.

get a house, a girlfriend, kids... you learn taking those idiotic risks day in and day out is just stupid. a responsible person usually won't do that.
Best post of this thread.

When I was 17, I was doing the most ridiculous shit on the streets. 3 car races down Crowchild going 260-280 with traffic. Outrunning cops. Calling friends on my cell phone while blasting thru traffic over 200 trying to find a place to hide from the cops... I felt invincible. Fast and the furious was tame compared to the shit we used to do.

Fast forward to today... I can't even do 130 on crowchild with cars around without thinking of how much I'd lose, how many lives my actions would affect. When I go for the very rare late night Highway 1A blasts, I drive 7/10ths now instead of going all out, AND I wear a helmet. As stupid that may sound (or look I guess...), I just can't drive hard on public roads without a helmet, even if it's at 2am when I know there's 0 cars on that road.

Honestly though, I haven't found anything that matched the rush of the old street racing I used to do. Common sense and responsibility has taken over, and that stops my temptation from chasing that rush.

Redlyne_mr2
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Best post of this thread.

When I was 17, I was doing the most ridiculous shit on the streets. 3 car races down Crowchild going 260-280 with traffic. Outrunning cops. Calling friends on my cell phone while blasting thru traffic over 200 trying to find a place to hide from the cops... I felt invincible. Fast and the furious was tame compared to the shit we used to do.

Fast forward to today... I can't even do 130 on crowchild with cars around without thinking of how much I'd lose, how many lives my actions would affect. When I go for the very rare late night Highway 1A blasts, I drive 7/10ths now instead of going all out, AND I wear a helmet. As stupid that may sound (or look I guess...), I just can't drive hard on public roads without a helmet, even if it's at 2am when I know there's 0 cars on that road.

Honestly though, I haven't found anything that matched the rush of the old street racing I used to do. Common sense and responsibility has taken over, and that stops my temptation from chasing that rush.

:werd:
Red Deer back in the day was insane for street racing, every Friday and Saturday night. My streetracing ended the day I lauched over 3 cars and landed in a safeway parking lot. The marks where I launched are still there after 7 years.

A790
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
im just tryin to stir up a more interesting debate instead of the usual beyond, "your dumb for speeding/racing/etc vs. you cant tell me what to do im invicible you dont know what your talkin about" threads that usually happen. i dont even street race haha, i just like to argue/debate. hopefully you didnt take offence.
Fair enough :)

ae92gts
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Of course something can go wrong. You can get killed driving to the store for a coffee. Etc etc. Going 180km I have only ever done twice, and crashing at that speed would be horrific, glad you're doing ok!

You get killed going to the store because of the people going 180KM

and yes i do think that there is "responsible street racing" the people in this video obviously were no thinking.

rage2
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
:werd:
Red Deer back in the day was insane for street racing, every Friday and Saturday night. My streetracing ended the day I lauched over 3 cars and landed in a safeway parking lot. The marks where I launched are still there after 7 years.
didn't you post pics of that on here or abcars? I don't remember u saying anything about street racing, you said some guy cut you off or something! :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by rage2

didn't you post pics of that on here or abcars? I don't remember u saying anything about street racing, you said some guy cut you off or something! :rofl:
haha good memory.. pretty sure I was racing a civic, nevertheless I did get cut off.. fucking sunfires.