PDA

View Full Version : Sunridge Mazda

Evolize
01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm trying to get in as lube tech to get an apprenticeship for my mechanics liscense, and the only place I called as far as dealers go for the NE with a spot open was sunridge mazda.

I'm looking for opinions on the shop and if anybody works there, what the management is like and the shop, people who work there, advisors, etc.

any info is appreciated.

dj_rice
01-08-2008, 09:44 PM
My buddy works there, and he said ever since they got new management, raises have been really good

Whiley
01-08-2008, 10:26 PM
related to first post here, i hear usually its difficult to get on with shops for apprenticeship because of the journeyman 1-to-1 apprentice rule?
is it true right now still with to so many shops being short on qualified techs?
for someone with only informal mechanical background (working on your own cars) and no technical training, is it realistic to be able get on as apprentice?

Evolize
01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Whiley
related to first post here, i hear usually its difficult to get on with shops for apprenticeship because of the journeyman 1-to-1 apprentice rule?
is it true right now still with to so many shops being short on qualified techs?
for someone with only informal mechanical background (working on your own cars) and no technical training, is it realistic to be able get on as apprentice? Well, the thing is they throw you on the lube bay for about a year and test your work ethic and see what kind of a worker you are, and if everything is okay and they are happy with what you can do and think you're ready for advancement they'll enroll you into your apprenticeship and pay for your schooling providing you stay with them after your 4 or 5 years is up and work for them. I know a few people who have done this through chevy and dodge dealers and they have obviously moved on, but are making pretty good money.

onehawtrex
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
making 11 buck a hour for one year to have a chance of becoming an apprentice....why not go try and find another comnpany to start as a apprentice right away not a year or so later....thats what i would do...i worked at CMP classic in the quike lube thing and they said they only send there best to school and if they have a 1st year or 2nd year apply then will look at them b4 any lube tech

Evolize
01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by onehawtrex
making 11 buck a hour for one year to have a chance of becoming an apprentice....why not go try and find another comnpany to start as a apprentice right away not a year or so later....thats what i would do...i worked at CMP classic in the quike lube thing and they said they only send there best to school and if they have a 1st year or 2nd year apply then will look at them b4 any lube tech What kind of other shop(s) can I look at then. I don't want to be stuck at a dead end job anymore , I need some education and liscensing behind my name.

onehawtrex
01-09-2008, 01:28 AM
open the phone book...call them like shell and petro stations with auto shops ask if they looking for any apprentices..they love cheap labour... call a bunch of places i garentee one hour of your time on the phone you will have a interview BUT...you will have to have a tool box full of tools at least all the sockets, wrenchs and other stuff.... most places will want an aprentice with some tools...but a few hundred maybe 1000 at can tire and ur set, also if u go as a lube tech u need your own tools also...well at least at cmp you did

Sorath
01-09-2008, 01:42 AM
dealerships usually treat service staff pretty good for the most part dave. u`ll like sunridge mazda i think

Evolize
01-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I just bought $800 worth of tools and box at can tire (mastercraft) a couple months ago so the tools part is taken care of.

Sorath - thanks bud, if you hear anything about sunridge mazda let me know im interested in working for them if they have something good to offer.