PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up my deal

denbert
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I f'up my deal on my car I just agreed to, but am just checking if there are any options? I signed the paper and the financing went through.

Am I just screwed and should enjoy the car or is there anything I can do?

kevie88
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
?? how did it get fucked up?

01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
you are screwed. but dont enjoy the car, crash it into the dealers window.

denbert
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I went in with this x$ as what I was going to pay. So after the first offer we were about a little over 1 K apart. I thought I would go home and think about it, and of course they get more aggressive about it. So then they asked what about your car which I was trying to get rid of. Ended up the used car manager came in and did black book his car - black book my car. So the difference was y and he said he wants a fair profit, so he tacks that on to the difference. So after a little tweak, I agreed for them to take my car sans my winter tires. After the final $'s came in, which I really didn't notice thinking it wasn't a bad deal. The $ was 200$ more then what they initially had as their counter offer, plus they got my car at black book.

I feel like an idiot, if I would of stuck to my guns it would probably would of met somewhere between the original 1k difference. Then I would of kept my car and sold it for 1 or 2K (privately) more then I traded it in for. Even if I got what black book was for my car, I feel like an idiot for ending up paying the 200$ more then the original counter. The few good things I got out of it was I saved the GST on my trade and got to keep my winter tires which probably is about 1K difference.

It might be too close to call, and I think I will just enjoy the car.

pinoyhero
01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah man, for the few K try not to sweat it, you would have sweated trying to sell it, and enjoy the new one!

01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
what car is it?

^AznDragon
01-09-2008, 09:19 PM
you think u screw up, i got shushi and it taste like papper :dunno:

denbert
01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 410440
what car is it?

Civic SI.

denbert
01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Yeah man, for the few K try not to sweat it, you would have sweated trying to sell it, and enjoy the new one!

I guess it's the fact that I feel like an idiot. It's a lesson for my next car purchase.

Mitsu3000gt
01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
I hope you didn't also pay a ~$300 "admin fee" which is a 100%, straight up money grab. I've never paid one and all I've had to do is say that I won't pay more than the agreed upon price (because you only learn about this fee when you sit down to sign the papers), and I know its a 100% money grab and I haven't gotten any resistance.

In the future:

Sell your car privately if you can, avoid buying from a dealer if at all possible, and if you do buy from a dealer, never pay the admin fee.

nj2Type-S
01-10-2008, 01:23 PM
^what would you say to them if they say there's an admin fee required???

rc2002
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I think you did pretty well. Basically you sold your car at black book, but you bought another car at just above black book. Hopefully the savings from GST helped offset the amount you paid above black book.

Selling cars privately is PITA anyway. You have to deal with flakey buyers and inspections and trying to schedule time to meet with people.

Tik-Tok
01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

You say I'm not paying that, the salesman never mentioned it. If they insist, you walk away.

nj2Type-S
01-10-2008, 01:40 PM
denbert, which dealership did you get your si from?

denbert
01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I hope you didn't also pay a ~$300 "admin fee" which is a 100%, straight up money grab. I've never paid one and all I've had to do is say that I won't pay more than the agreed upon price (because you only learn about this fee when you sit down to sign the papers), and I know its a 100% money grab and I haven't gotten any resistance.

In the future:

Sell your car privately if you can, avoid buying from a dealer if at all possible, and if you do buy from a dealer, never pay the admin fee.

Also know as the "Doc Fee".

denbert
01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
denbert, which dealership did you get your si from?

T&T

nj2Type-S
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
t&t offered me 12 g's for my 2003 rsx-s. it's only got around 67k on it, too. only downside is i had this huge 10k damage last year...how much did they offer for your car?

Mitsu3000gt
01-10-2008, 05:29 PM

There is always an "admin" fee required. It's not usually a matter of "if" it's required or not. The only dealer I have seen without one is Platinum Motors, which was a pleasure to deal with by the way.

Anyways my theory is this - you agree on a price for the car, and this price is the reason you are sitting down to sign the papers. Now, all of a sudden, (some dealers don't even tell you about it unless you notice it) there is this $300-$600 (depending on the dealership) "admin" fee tacked on to your bill. The fee is the same whether your buying a $1000 car or a $100,000 car. This is a 100% money grab, and numerous salespeople have even admitted this to my face before. It is no secret whatsoever. Tell them you agreed on X dollars and not X dollars + $300, and that you are fully aware it is a 100% money grab. If their persistent, just tell them you need to go think about it and the fee magically disappears. Its kind of like a last attempt to get a bit more money out of you, and unfortunately most people just pay it. I personally think it's an insult to my intelligence when they come up with bullshit reasons for this fee, and I have heard some pretty creative ones. Also don't tell them your not paying the fee until you have already agreed upon a price, or they will just build the fee into their "bottom line" price.

Jlude
01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by denbert

I guess it's the fact that I feel like an idiot. It's a lesson for my next car purchase.

You're not the first person, nor will you be the last to have this happen. It's a life lesson. Remember it! ENjoy that new car man!!

7thgenvic
01-10-2008, 05:55 PM
mehhh, not alot of money to stress about, I would rather just enjoy the car and think of how fast you'll make back that difference by working

denbert
01-10-2008, 10:12 PM
t&t offered me 12 g's for my 2003 rsx-s. it's only got around 67k on it, too. only downside is i had this huge 10k damage last year...how much did they offer for your car?

They offered my 9.7g for mine, with 98K on it, it is a base model though, with no accidents.

denbert
01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Okay final update on this, I picked up my car today ran into the same used car manager and told him that the intial counter was 200$ less then what we settled on. He said no problem and fixed it. So I have to say that is good. Now the winter tires I have don't fit the si, just the regular civics. dohhh, the calipers get in the way of the steel's.