PDA

View Full Version : flames hot house members?

googe
01-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Anyone else sign up for this? It's the only way to get on the wait list for season tickets. Seems like kind of a scam to me, pay $100 every season (actually $200, cause no one is gonna buy a single seat season ticket) to keep your spot in line, and you may never get tickets.

What section did you choose to wait for, how long ago, and what spot were you assigned?

toyboy88
01-10-2008, 01:25 AM
I believe last # I heard on the radio/in the paper was ~2200-2500 on the list, and last year's (or the year before that) turnover was ~200. Meaning ~200 on the waiting list got to purchase seasons tickets.

88CRX
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Yea its pretty much a fucking scam.

I was pissed when I found out about it cause me and some friends were on the "waiting list" prior to them coming up with this bright idea. Apparently they did this (restart the waiting list) cause not everyone knew there was a waiting list a couple days after the lockout ended. Bullshit.

Whatever.... the Flames ticket office is one of the most disorganized group of people I've ever had to deal with. They couldn't answer any questions as to how close we were on the origonal waiting list or how they were choosing which list to use. All they said was that they recomend joining the Calgary Flames Hot House. :thumbsdow

googe
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
well, i gave into the scam, just wanted to let everyone know my # to help them decide if its worth it...i couldnt find reliable info before i bought in so ill let someone else benefit...

bought just under a month ago, specified 2 for lower bowl, and im #797

i also noticed that I only got 1 number assigned for both...which means they lump all your tickets together per spot in line i guess, and since most people buy in pairs or more, thats effectively 1600 tickets in front of me?

so uh, i hope they make the playoffs in 2015? :(

Lorne@UrbanX
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by googe
well, i gave into the scam, just wanted to let everyone know my # to help them decide if its worth it...i couldnt find reliable info before i bought in so ill let someone else benefit...

bought just under a month ago, specified 2 for lower bowl, and im #797

i also noticed that I only got 1 number assigned for both...which means they lump all your tickets together per spot in line i guess, and since most people buy in pairs or more, thats effectively 1600 tickets in front of me?

so uh, i hope they make the playoffs in 2015? :(
i dunno shadowz signed up for hot house, a couple weeks later got a call for the chance to buy seasons ticket which he did buy!!
this was sometime last yr!!

shadowz
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Yup 2 seasons ago I signed up and I recieved an e-mail about 2 weeks later letting me know I was able to purchase season tickets. To be honest spending the 200 was worth it instead of paying face value all the time on tickets or more. Plus they do give you something in return which are some tickets in the bleeders. But I believe its luck of the draw not when you do it. I dont like how the system works either but it did get me season tickets!

88CRX
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Interesting. Where are your seats?

But you right.... the system still does suck. We've been trying to get our game packs upgraded to season tickets or even a bigger game pack for 3 seasons now.... no luck.

SilverGS
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
This is my second season on the list. I don't find it to bad. I think they put in the $200 to get rid of the people who don't really want seats but want it just to resell all the time.

In return you get 2 games in the bleeds and some hitmen games so close to $200 value anyway. You also get 10% of the fanattic except jerseys so if you want to buy some stuff get a small discount.

Don't recall my exact number but I think I am 140ish or something for 2nd level tickets.

googe
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
2 seasons ago has pretty much nothing to do with now. :) As time goes on, the line gets longer. It isn't luck of the draw though, I know that. Every year after renewals are up, they email you a new priority number based on how many people didnt renew and how many members ahead of you were able to get tickets, or if you're close enough to the front, the chance to buy.

Also I am in line for lower bowl...which is a totally different line than upper levels, and I'm not sure which would be longer. Upper is way more affordable so if I had to guess I'd say that more people are in that line, but that's just speculation.

I wanted to choose "anywhere" but I guess if they do it this way they get to cash in twice if you want to be in 2 different lines!

The bleeder tickets are pretty lame imo, and the 10% fanattic discount is useless. Not worth $200. You gotta renew the $200 every year too.

But yeah they only started this system 2 seasons ago, so if you responded quickly, it was easy to get in. But since then, the line has been getting longer and longer.

shadowz
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Interesting. Where are your seats?

But you right.... the system still does suck. We've been trying to get our game packs upgraded to season tickets or even a bigger game pack for 3 seasons now.... no luck.

Section 228 row 18, moved from 201 row 24 which I had the previous year