PDA

View Full Version : Come on Sunfire owner...

Super_Geo
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
You're better than this...

Who would pay good money to do this to an otherwise stock looking car (minus the fart can that's not shown in the photo).

03ozwhip
01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
thats the Spyder wing i think its claled. its a replica of the Sunfire Spyder that came out one year in 03 or something. it actually looked decent. but on stock i gotta agree.

Kona9
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah it was actually sold on a specific Sunfire Model from the dealer.

You still have a good point!!

WHY?????

I would love to design cars and make a fair chunk of change doing so. Seeing shit like this gives me hope that it is attainable!! :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
No, she isn't. She isn't better than that. Whether the driver of that car is weilding a penis or not, she isn't better than that.

There has only ever been one interesting/acceptable sunfire in the history of Calgary/Beyond and it's Freebs.

pf0sh0
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
That's pimp.. he/she is getting double teh downforce.:poosie:

Jlude
01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
wonder if he/she's interested in selling, I'm in the market for a new rice rocket! :poosie:

onehawtrex
01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
most sunfires with that wing have the stock spoiler on it still, they dont want to fill the holes fromt he stock one..so they think its 2 times the downforces in that scary fire...lol

rc2002
01-10-2008, 04:08 PM
This has come up multiple times now on beyond. The spoiler is made by RK Sport. It's a brand equivalent to Mugen or Spoon for Honda.

It's designed to work in conjunction with the stock spoiler. Rice or not, the guy paid a pretty penny for it.

avow
01-10-2008, 04:19 PM
see this guy baging around in the nw all the time, it makes me laugh every time.

modded46
01-10-2008, 04:52 PM
up in the NW, there is a orange one with the same thing.. so nasty.. I really need to carry my digital camera with me I see this kinda nasty shit all the time on the way to and from work :P

403Gemini
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
This has come up multiple times now on beyond. The spoiler is made by RK Sport. It's a brand equivalent to Mugen or Spoon for Honda.

It's designed to work in conjunction with the stock spoiler. Rice or not, the guy paid a pretty penny for it.

should see the retarded price rksport wants for a low pro, 3 piece spoiler for my car

schocker
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
yah, i see the orange one every day on the way to school, looks great:rolleyes:

Tilly
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
usually a dealer installed item, and generally in conjunction with a dealer installed rksport body kit. not rice. pontiac.

Ferio_vti
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Even the clowns show it installed with stock on their website:
http://www.lmperformance.com/3314/22.html

TE4MFaint
01-11-2008, 12:37 PM
^ In case you cant read, its because its SUPPOSED to be that way.
I'm pretty sure conversation about this wing has been discussed 10 fold on this forum alone.

littledan
01-11-2008, 02:08 PM
what do you expect?

if they had any taste they wouldnt have bought a pontiac in the first place.

403Gemini
01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by littledan
what do you expect?

if they had any taste they wouldnt have bought a pontiac in the first place.

I sincerely dont think many people would be opposed to driving ALL pontiacs...

http://designercars.se/biler/Pontiac-TransAm-90320.jpg

Super_Geo
01-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Holy shit! Those trees are really good at hiding the trailer park that's behind them!

rmk
01-11-2008, 09:12 PM
The thing about Sunfire owners is that they always go all out. Each one always looks worse then the last. Much like the people who own and operate the cars.

StreetRacerX
01-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Theres a silver Sunfire that has a hoop spoiler+stock always by Zellers in Westhills.

Graham_A_M
01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Holy shit! Those trees are really good at hiding the trailer park that's behind them!

And what do you drive again? Oh the big blue limo, thats right:thumbsup:

:rofl:

I've yet to see a single on of those 98 or newer Trans ams driven by a mullet. Most (being about 70%) of the people were very well dressed guys 40 or older.) I think it was the 2nd & 3rd gen's that coined that stupid, ignorant and very biased term. :nut:

stevo 27
01-11-2008, 09:58 PM

whats with the domestic hate fuck man that car looks fucking sexy can fit a big block and you can make stupid power for less that half the cost of an import :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
01-11-2008, 10:19 PM
^ Thank you. :thumbsup:

If theres anything that I hate, its ignorant jap car fanboyism:banghead:

rmk
01-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27

whats with the domestic hate fuck man that car looks fucking sexy can fit a big block and you can make stupid power for less that half the cost of an import :thumbsup:

ROTFL are you serious?

Graham_A_M
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
^ For $8k you can buy a turn key (dyno tested) small block that'll do 520++hp. That includes everything. How would he be joking? :dunno:
http://www.speedomotive.com/ps-473-69-chevy-383cid-525hp-sportsman-stroker-engine.aspx

rmk
01-11-2008, 10:27 PM
i was laughing at the fact he thought it was sexy. i don't doubt you could get that kind of power.

88CRXGUY
01-11-2008, 11:07 PM
haha I've seen this car so many times, its awesome someone finally got a picture of it lol..

StreetRacerX
01-13-2008, 11:11 AM
The cars nice looking and can no doubt make nice power but I don't think I'd ever drive one due to the fact that theres so many f-bodies out there, mine just wouldn't feel special, the WS6 is pretty uncommon around here but you still see all those other lt1's, doesn't give me that goosebumpy feeling when I see one.

Super_Geo
01-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

And what do you drive again? Oh the big blue limo, thats right:thumbsup:

:rofl:

Wrong, I'm not stupid! :rofl: ;)

Kavy
01-17-2008, 12:22 AM
The trailer park comment made me laugh my ass off, out loud at WORK. Good on ya Geo

And to the 8k engine comment, seriously? I dont hate domestics by any means I owned a mustang which I absolutely loved for 5 years but 8k into a DSM is a 11 second car, maybe even a 10 second car.

That 8 k engine will need a transmission to match along with about 8k more parts to make it not tear apart the car.(im talking about the bird not all domestics)

But I must comment that the car does look sexy :)

Graham_A_M
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
The trailer park comment made me laugh my ass off, out loud at WORK. Good on ya Geo

And to the 8k engine comment, seriously? I dont hate domestics by any means I owned a mustang which I absolutely loved for 5 years but 8k into a DSM is a 11 second car, maybe even a 10 second car.

That 8 k engine will need a transmission to match along with about 8k more parts to make it not tear apart the car.(im talking about the bird not all domestics)

Actually, above 850 hp is when most cars have their limits (being to so called "mullet mobile" in Super Geo's case). And most of those "limits" are created from the torque.

I've met guys running in the 11's with bone stock cars.... including the stock tranny.
:dunno:

(BTW Super Geo I was kidding, I'm sure you didn't take that as a harsh jab but just the same...:dunno: )

The stock T5 (5 speed) most of these 3rd & 4th gen TA's & Camaros came with can take about 700hp before they start to show premature wear.

rmk
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
if you like that car you are gay.

Graham_A_M
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Shhhhh!!! you promised not to tell anybody!:rolleyes:

Pahnda
01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
mods on a sunfire = polishing a turd.

END.

finboy
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

nice

Originally posted by rmk
i was laughing at the fact he thought it was sexy.

fail

WRONG

Originally posted by rmk
if you like that car you are gay.

your posts have been very inaccurate as of late, you might want to get that checked out

GQBalla
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda
mods on a sunfire = polishing a turd.

END.

obviously you have not seen one of beyonds members sunfire.

his name is freeebs

sunfire > pahnda

Freebs
02-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
No, she isn't. She isn't better than that. Whether the driver of that car is weilding a penis or not, she isn't better than that.

There has only ever been one interesting/acceptable sunfire in the history of Calgary/Beyond and it's Freebs.

:P thank you

You're better than this...

Who would pay good money to do this to an otherwise stock looking car (minus the fart can that's not shown in the photo).

though that was mine for a second... but then i got the rest of the RK kit (well for winter the front part is off and stock front is on) but as rich said above... the RK kit for the Jbody is the same as any high end kit for any Civic...
and i dont have a fart can... its a 3" turbo back to a 2002 Trans Am Magna flow mufler with dual 2.5" outlets to Stock Trans am tips... (as seen below)

Im not saying every one has to like this kit on the sunfire (cuz clearly this site is full of people who think civics and integras are gods gift to man.. but its no different tuning a Jbody then it is any import... other then there is ALOT! more people who give jbodies a brutal image then civics...

ill post a pic of mine and yes i got the double wing... and yes i do plan on keeping it... but behind the wing and every thing else you guys may hate on is a 400hp power plant... i would say not bad if you ask me considering i spent less then a SRT-4 would be brand new..

any way to the sunfire owner in this pic.. :P looks like i got a twin.... sort of... here in the NW..

As you can see no fart can.. just 3" turbo back to a Magnaflow 3" inlet / two 2.5" out lets (98-02 WS6 Trans am muffler)
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2159/backofsunfirerq2.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1931/frontpic2kx0.jpg

but i think the best part of all this... is how much a WING ahah can bug you people.. ahah get over it, its a wing on some one else's car.. if there was a post for ever import in calgary with a huge ugly ass wing, there would be a min of 20 posts a day

GQBalla
02-12-2008, 08:57 AM
mmm ricer ;)

jokin

Freebs
02-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
mmm ricer ;)

jokin

ahah oh ill admit it is rice... but its still got balls

pome902
02-13-2008, 11:40 PM
freebs, thats fucking sexy =] !

Freebs
02-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by pome902
freebs, thats fucking sexy =] !

ahah thank you..

phrozen
02-14-2008, 02:57 AM
but 8k into a DSM is a 11 second car, maybe even a 10 second car.

Ahhhh the wonders of EBAY!!!

FAIL.

Freebs
02-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by phrozen

Ahhhh the wonders of EBAY!!!

FAIL.

ahaha so true..

i think total for my car + turbo kit + supercharger kit + built engine and trany and all the other goodies came to around $25,000 ... thats like all the suspension and sparco seats ect... which gave me around 400hp... and i dont plan on running slicks so i should be good for high 12's low 13's with a 2800lbs car

phrozen
02-14-2008, 03:04 AM
^:werd:

BTW you have the NICEST Sunfire I have ever seen.
GJ.

Freebs
02-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by phrozen
^:werd:

BTW you have the NICEST Sunfire I have ever seen.
GJ.

thank you.. i try to keep it as clean/non rice as i can.. ahah yes i under stand the wing is a double/ 12" tall which is "rice" but i think for the most part its a clean build... :P as seen with a true muscle car exhaust :P and power numbers fairly high

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-14-2008, 03:12 AM
http://lildrunkensmurf.game-server.cc/freeb1.jpg
http://lildrunkensmurf.game-server.cc/freeb2.jpg

I found you one day when I was at market.. long time ago. These are pics from my old RAZR.

Freebs
02-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I found you one day when I was at market.. long time ago. These are pics from my old RAZR. [/B]

:P sweet :) glad to see its getting good pics taken of :P rather then the "look at this wing" pictures...

i like the look of your civic :P but then im a sucker for blue .... :( i miss the my old blue sunfire..

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-14-2008, 03:16 AM
I remember when I met you at a beyond meet. I believe you were still in progress w/ the silver sunfire, but I can't remember.

When I parked there, my friends are like "... why are you parking next to the ricey sunfire in the middle of an EMPTY parkade?"

My response was just "I know who that is" Then I took the pics. I never even noticed the wing until you explained to me why there's two in another thread.

Freebs
02-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I remember when I met you at a beyond meet. I believe you were still in progress w/ the silver sunfire, but I can't remember.

When I parked there, my friends are like "... why are you parking next to the ricey sunfire in the middle of an EMPTY parkade?"

My response was just "I know who that is" Then I took the pics. I never even noticed the wing until you explained to me why there's two in another thread.

yea i guess some people dont notice it..

A790
02-14-2008, 07:13 AM

$8K into a DSM is NOT a 10 second car. Hell, you'd be stretching 11's for that kind of money too.

Assuming you went the "tried and tested" upgrade path, $8K might get you into the mid-high 12's.

Bowser
02-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Freebs, I love seeing your car on the road, I find it funny that I rarely see it and I live just a block away. But it's definatly a work of art, inside and out.

Freebs
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Bowser
Freebs, I love seeing your car on the road, I find it funny that I rarely see it and I live just a block away. But it's definatly a work of art, inside and out.

:P thank you.. Where abouts are you? do you have that green cavalier at the bottom of the hill?

z06power
02-18-2008, 02:11 PM
oh well, i say let people do what they want to their cars - it's their vehicle they have to live with it.

Freebs
02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by z06power
oh well, i say let people do what they want to their cars - it's their vehicle they have to live with it.

:P and i am more then happy living with my double wing :D

Numi
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
honestly... im not a huge fan of j-body/domestic cars but all in all everyone has their passion and good on you for tuning a car you enjoy and like because at the end of the day its sitting in your driveway.

Bowser
02-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey Freebs, I live litteraly just down the street. In the heights, I've got the gold 01 civic, with the full lip kit and tint.

88CRXGUY
02-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I seen the double spoiler sunfire last weekend when I was at the Madigan Esso on 52nd street NE. A young 20 something, tanned young lady was driving it. I was laughing pretty loud when I seen it and she gave me a dirty look, it was funny.

writhen
02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Numi
honestly... im not a huge fan of j-body/domestic cars but all in all everyone has their passion and good on you for tuning a car you enjoy and like because at the end of the day its sitting in your driveway.

+1.

I find them repulsive personally (j-bodies as well as trans-am/camaros), but that is still ONLY my OPINION. Fact of the matter is they can make decent power, for relatively less money, and people are passionate about them. So good on you guys for sticking to what you love no matter who says what.

riander
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I dont like how freebs car looks at all, its tasteless.
But you can't really argue with the beauty of a twin charged engine pulled off

silver_gs-R
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
hawtness............ :barf:

Freebs
02-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Bowser
Hey Freebs, I live litteraly just down the street. In the heights, I've got the gold 01 civic, with the full lip kit and tint.
humm i might remember your car..

Originally posted by writhen
+1.
I find them repulsive personally (j-bodies as well as trans-am/camaros), but that is still ONLY my OPINION. Fact of the matter is they can make decent power, for relatively less money, and people are passionate about them. So good on you guys for sticking to what you love no matter who says what.
that is true... $25,000 for the car, supercharger kit, turbo kit, built engine and trany suspension ect and i am at 400hp

Originally posted by riander
I dont like how freebs car looks at all, its tasteless.
But you can't really argue with the beauty of a twin charged engine pulled off
hey i guess we all have our own opinion but thank you about the engine comment, i know its not needed to do a twin charge set up but its something different and it works nicely :P

Numi
02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
honestly twin charged that insane..
i wanna do it to a 86 corolla.
Your running constant boost.

Freebs
02-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Numi
honestly twin charged that insane..
i wanna do it to a 86 corolla.
Your running constant boost.

not really.. the supercharger has a by pass on it.. very few street aplication supercharger set ups run boost all the time (idle)
it just build boost very fast on bigger turbos.. i hit 12psi @1500rpm with a T3/T04E 60 trim turbo on my bone stock internaled 2.4L.. the new built up engine is yet to be tuned so i dont know how different it will be with a port & polished head and different cams

Reap
03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
ah i really dislike both Sunfire's. But good on you for building a car you like!

88CRXGUY
03-02-2008, 11:46 PM
When I was in McKenize Town on Saturday I seen a black Sunfire with the double spoiler. Omg will this ever end with sunfires and two spoilers.

peterparker
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
props to the twin charge, and good on the double spoiler i think it looks decent and im not a j body fan

Freebs
03-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by peterparker
props to the twin charge, and good on the double spoiler i think it looks decent and im not a j body fan

thank you :P