PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari enzo..jan 10th

JordanLotoski
01-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I know this us shit without pics, but did anyone see the guy from ZR1 driving on deerfoot today in his yellow Enzo....its January why the fuck are you driving a million dollar supercar!!!

looked so good and sounded better...what a car....

boxer23
01-11-2008, 01:11 AM
I think its pretty crazy driving his car in this weather, but he has a lot of nice cars, so im sure he doesn't mind...oh and theres 6 Enzo's in Alberta;)

avow
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
i think the zr guys were testing some cars or something today because a gallardo was going down crowchild and onto glemore at 8:50-9:10 am this morning.

turbotrip
01-11-2008, 01:16 AM
why wouldnt u drive an enzo in this weather? the cars not gonna freeze

Moonracer
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
It's not so much the temperature as it is the rocks on the streets.

Redlyne_mr2
01-11-2008, 01:34 AM
tires would be shit on the cold pavement and rock chips are not cheap to fix on an enzo.

Takahashi
01-11-2008, 01:36 AM
he has the money, do you think he really cares?...

:dunno:

Impreza
01-11-2008, 01:36 AM
The tires will also get rock hard in these temperatures, which will decrease the traction the tires have. A lot of people think that you can drive on summer tires on dry pavement in the winter and rip around like it was summer time, but the truth is, that is a recipe for disaster. Sure, if the roads are dry, you can drive on summer tires in the winter, but you really have to be careful cause the tires have limited traction due to the cold.

JordanAndrew
01-11-2008, 01:43 AM
^^^ :whocares:

Bottom line is, he has the funds, he has the cars, he can do whatever the hell he wants to them.

TomcoPDR
01-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

Bottom line is, he has the funds, he has the cars, he can do whatever the hell he wants to them.
:werd: :werd: :werd: get rich or die trying

Jlude
01-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Takahashi
he has the money, do you think he really cares?...

:dunno:

I would say he does care... I haven't met many people with a great deal of money like him that are not cheap. Why spend money when he doesn't have to?

In the summer I see him driving down 52nd st in the industrial park every once in a while. I think that's crazy...

SNAATCH
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by boxer23
I think its pretty crazy driving his car in this weather, but he has a lot of nice cars, so im sure he doesn't mind...oh and theres 6 Enzo's in Alberta;)

Since when are there six in Alberta? When he got his it was the only one in western Canada. That doesn't mean there could be a couple more now but 6 in Alberta is a pretty big jump.

syeve
01-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
The tires will also get rock hard in these temperatures, which will decrease the traction the tires have. A lot of people think that you can drive on summer tires on dry pavement in the winter and rip around like it was summer time, but the truth is, that is a recipe for disaster. Sure, if the roads are dry, you can drive on summer tires in the winter, but you really have to be careful cause the tires have limited traction due to the cold.

That would be my fear as well. Summer tires are so slippery when its cold out. Imagine all that power going to rock hard tires.

Smokem
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
why would he worry?

the machismo dripping from his neck and saturday night fever oozing from his shirt is enough heat to put miami to shame - he'll be reflecting the sunlight and melting the pavement as he drives on it :bigpimp:

http://www.inman.com/blogger/uploaded_images/pimpII-729976.jpg

Redlyne_mr2
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Smokem
why would he worry?

the machismo dripping from his neck and saturday night fever oozing from his shirt is enough heat to put miami to shame - he'll be reflecting the sunlight and melting the pavement as he drives on it :bigpimp:

hahaha.. who needs tire warmers.

Canmorite
01-11-2008, 03:13 PM
There was also a 430 out on Christmas day, and theres been a SLR out and about a few times. The roads are dry, the only problems are cold tires/road and rock chips. If you're careful, you'll be ok.

Mr_John
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by SNAATCH

Since when are there six in Alberta? When he got his it was the only one in western Canada. That doesn't mean there could be a couple more now but 6 in Alberta is a pretty big jump.

:werd: I dont know where the number 6 came from but this Enzo owners list seems pretty credible and updated.

http://www.ekartingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=374518&sid=d9450f5fae5df40652d5125b494d091f&PHPSESSID=b9c25522a715fd6ae1535d437ab6b388

Redlyne_mr2
01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Some guy's dad on Beyond has a black Enzo, so that's 2 in Calgary as far as I know. For some reason Im thinking Jaymez's dad but I could be wrong.

Canmorite
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Theres 1 yellow, 3 red, 1 black and more coming I think...

me&you
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
... and more coming I think...

Yep!

Graham_A_M
01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
tires would be shit on the cold pavement and rock chips are not cheap to fix on an enzo.

:werd:
Even if its really nice out, until the asphalt warms up (so I can get some traction:banghead: ) and the rocks are (almost) all off the ground, I wont risk it, so my bike stays in the garage until then.
I just shake my head when its sunny and three degrees out side, and there are these squids on their bikes.

Last Feburary during that warm spout where it was 11 or so degrees, this insurance (accident) appraiser for bikes wrote off 28 bikes in one weekend. :nut:

replayboy
01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smokem
[B]why would he worry?

Baha, that is awsome:thumbsup:

rmk
01-12-2008, 10:36 AM
say what you want about zahir, but he drives the hell out of his cars.

canada. january. driving a ferrari enzo. fucking pimp.

TomcoPDR
01-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Who owned the one Eddie Griffin smashed?

boxer23
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Who owned the one Eddie Griffin smashed?

Daniel Sadek, some real estate tycoon, produced the movie redline

m10-power
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Lol that's funny my exotic is more rare in Calgary then a Ferrari Enzo

:rofl:

Graham_A_M
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM

Daniel Sadek, some real estate tycoon, produced the movie redline

Its funny how that movie bombed horrendously. Is it even in theatres or in video yet?
I've heard all of one commercial about it, and not a single comment about that video ever.:dunno:

gpomp
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM
it was never released in canada.

sneek
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
big ass paint protection film...

there is a guy with a 360CS in SoCal with a one piece PPF from the front to the doors.

me&you
01-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by m10-power

What is your exotic?

TegLover
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

The people who bitch and complain are the ones that store their old jdm boxes for winter. Remember kids cars are designed to drive not stored, give your heads a shake.:zzz:

gpomp
01-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by me&you

What is your exotic? v8 m3

turbo4dr
01-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
I know this us shit without pics, but did anyone see the guy from ZR1 driving on deerfoot today in his yellow Enzo....its January why the fuck are you driving a million dollar supercar!!!

looked so good and sounded better...what a car....

Cause he can ( Yes he is cheap ) but he still can do whatever he wants..... I think he should get a hair cut with all that money..

LMVantage
01-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Just to settle everything, the Enzo was brought to the shop to get some work done on it. It got there without any road spray or rock chips. The Gallardo sighting also had nothing to do with ZR. The winter is actually a good time for exotic owners to bring their cars in for work. They can leave it with the tech for as long as the tech wants, seeing as it's not great weather to drive them anyways.

m10-power
01-15-2008, 12:11 AM

What is your exotic?

Originally posted by gpomp
v8 m3

Not quite but that combination truly is exotic ;)

factory v8 twin turbo mid engine supercar, was looking at F355's but settled on something less common.

me&you
01-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Got me stumped.

I LOVE F355s!

Edit - Nevermind... I LOVE your car too! ;)

You're right, there aren't many around and much rarer than a F355... what colour?

Konj
01-15-2008, 08:34 AM
its he's winter beater

403Gemini
01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

The people who bitch and complain are the ones that store their old jdm boxes for winter. Remember kids cars are designed to drive not stored, give your heads a shake.:zzz:

Gotta agree, if i have a corvette id drive it around right now, but i wouldnt tear around town in it. I would just avoid the really nasty days if i had a higher end car.

m10-power
01-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Got me stumped.

I LOVE F355s!

Edit - Nevermind... I LOVE your car too! ;)

You're right, there aren't many around and much rarer than a F355... what colour?

Lotus on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Esprit#V8_.281996.29)

Scroll down to the 1996 Esprit V8 for a picture of my car, colour is listed as 'Ivory', only two V8's were produced in this colour. My car and the car used for the introduction of the new V8 at the Geneva Auto Show in 1996.

me&you
01-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Lotus on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Esprit#V8_.281996.29)

Scroll down to the 1996 Esprit V8 for a picture of my car, colour is listed as 'Ivory', only two V8's were produced in this colour. My car and the car used for the introduction of the new V8 at the Geneva Auto Show in 1996.

Very nice! I've seen (on the streets) Red, Yellow, Purple, Black, Dark Blue, Silver, but never Ivory... cool colour.

Is it a Canadian car?

m10-power
01-17-2008, 09:46 PM

Very nice! I've seen (on the streets) Red, Yellow, Purple, Black, Dark Blue, Silver, but never Ivory... cool colour.

Is it a Canadian car?

Yes it's a Canadian car, all original even the tires. Not staying stock for long...:D

ScottysZ
01-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Do you mean theres less than 6 V8 esprits in calgary? or just less in your color.

m10-power
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ScottysZ

Do you mean theres less than 6 V8 esprits in calgary? or just less in your color.

There are less then 6 v8 esprits as far as I have been able to discover. Talked with a number of people in the know and can come up with 4 or 5 at the most including the one ZR has for sale.

Never know what's in people garages though. Interesting that there would be 6 enzo's in Calgary, tells you something about the money here...

me&you
01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I think it might be close as far as number of Enzos vs. Esprit V8s... I can think of a Red, Yellow, 2 Black (according to the owner of one of them), Silver, Dark Blue, Dark Purple and yours M10... there could be more.

Although, there are more Enzos on the way (one has just landed) and, to my knowledge, no more Esprits coming. So, if not yet, soon it will be rarer!

m10-power
01-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Dark blue one moved to Edmonton, and the Yellow one went back to Vancouver. I know of the two black ones. There is a red one and silver one in Medicine Hat probably the same ones you mentioned. Not to be a stalker lol but I have talked to some of the owners of the above cars.

Awesome cars to drive, got their quirks but that's part of the beauty of the cars. Mine is stock and soft by my standards, the original tires are hockey pucks and the bushings need to be replaced. Suspension is being replaced as is the exhaust, flat cranked twin turbo v8 sounds awesome uncorked.

antiguru
02-05-2008, 04:31 PM
if i had an enzo I would drive it every day and tell people 'booya'

Eleanor
03-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by antiguru
if i had an enzo I would drive it every day and tell people 'booya'

wtf :banghead: :nut: :guns:

ZorroAMG
03-02-2008, 02:35 AM
HAHA M10-power, as soon as you said V8 TT and glanced at your avatar, I realized the average beyonder really doesn't know shit about cars....

Lotus FTW.