PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO!!! A/C install appears to be successfuL!

Horatio
07-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Hey all, just felt like spouting off about how nice it is to have A/C in the car. Finished installing the system last night, took it to ARA this morning to get it checked out and filled and everything seems to be A-OK so far.....

I have a feeling this will have been money and time well spent :D

Greg

djfob
07-24-2003, 12:58 PM
how much did it cost you?

SI-vic
07-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Horatio
Hey all, just felt like spouting off about how nice it is to have A/C in the car. Finished installing the system last night, took it to ARA this morning to get it checked out and filled and everything seems to be A-OK so far.....

I have a feeling this will have been money and time well spent :D

Greg

you lucky son of a gun...haha
My car doesnt have A/C and its been hell the last few days...
yesteday I took my parents Camry around and WOW the A/C is awsome, I'm never buying a car without it again!

Horatio
07-24-2003, 01:07 PM
DJ: not quite sure of the cost yet (haven't added up all the bills) but I think it's around $1200. Not nearly as cheap as I was hoping but that's because I ran out of time to get it done and had to buy some stuff without too much shopping around. I think if I did it again, I could cut costs down a LOT

vic: I know exactly what you mean; I borrowed a freind's Legacy yesterday to run an errand (Honda was in pieces) and it was a huge relief to ride around in A/C comfort. I think it definitely goes on the option sheet for looking at others in the future. I might try and add it to my other vehicles when money permits.

Greg

Seanith
07-24-2003, 06:32 PM
glad my civic has it stock ;)

Nix87
07-25-2003, 11:57 AM
A/C is nice to have but if ur cruising with it long enough it eats gas like a mother I find.

Nick

hash
07-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Nix87
A/C is nice to have but if ur cruising with it long enough it eats gas like a mother I find.

Nick

That could also be that sweet mother of a V8 in your truck!;)