01-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I think he works at subaru.

max_boost
01-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Test Drives? Give me a call! :D

gpomp
01-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Test Drives? Give me a call! :D didn't you just buy a new car? jeez...

benyl
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Actually, I would be interested in driving one. I could be a repeat customer... haha

jtsimaras
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Too much its 34500 in US

4wheeldrift
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Better than before, but still getting screwed badly. Especially considering with all the incentives you can get a Legacy Spec-B for 37 at the moment.

GTS Jeff
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by jtsimaras
Too much its 34500 in US Actually, the base model in the US is $35k, and their top model is $39k. Add in duty and other fees and the price is more like $42k. Then consider either shipping costs or travel to pick up yourself, and it's at $43k. And btw, US dealerships can't offer discounts to Canadian customers anymore, whereas if you buy from here, you can negotiate the price down....$2k is more than reasonable. Canada only gets the top model, so the price difference is $0. Also, buying in Canada, you get the winter package that isn't on the US STIs (heated seats, mirrors, and wiper defrosters) and a metric speedometer.

But you go ahead and buy your USDM STI if you think you'll save $10,000. :rofl:

I'm so sick of retards thinking that US imported cars are sooooo much cheaper.

Aleks
01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
The resale value of 07 US STis here just went down :poosie:

dino_martini
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Does that include the BBS wheels and navigation?

jdmXSI
01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I forgot to mention that the release date is on monday from Vancouver. They should physically be here in approx 10-14 days.

Frosty
01-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Actually, the base model in the US is $35k, and their top model is $39k. Add in duty and other fees and the price is more like $42k. Then consider either shipping costs or travel to pick up yourself, and it's at $43k. And btw, US dealerships can't offer discounts to Canadian customers anymore, whereas if you buy from here, you can negotiate the price down....$2k is more than reasonable. Canada only gets the top model, so the price difference is $0. Also, buying in Canada, you get the winter package that isn't on the US STIs (heated seats, mirrors, and wiper defrosters) and a metric speedometer.

But you go ahead and buy your USDM STI if you think you'll save $10,000. :rofl:

Importing isn't going to save you much and it's a hassle, but fundamentally, why is there still a $6K gap in pricing with the $USD and $CAD trading at near parity? That's what pisses me off.

gpomp
01-13-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Frosty

Importing isn't going to save you much and it's a hassle, but fundamentally, why is there still a $6K gap in pricing with the $USD and $CAD trading at near parity? That's what pisses me off. better question: why are there used 06 and 07 sti's selling for $45k?

GTS Jeff
01-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Frosty

Importing isn't going to save you much and it's a hassle, but fundamentally, why is there still a $6K gap in pricing with the $USD and $CAD trading at near parity? That's what pisses me off. It might have something to do with how many more cars SOA sells compared to SCI. :dunno:

Bulk discount nigga.

GoChris
01-13-2008, 10:34 AM
what are the odds of being able to pick on of these up for less than MSRP?

benyl
01-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Wait 6 months and you will get a discount.

benyl
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Subject: WRX STI Pricing

Good afternoon,

We’re please to announce that the 2008 Impreza WRX STI pricing has been finalized and approved.

Please take note of this important schedule:
·Pricing memo will be sent in dealer mail Monday January 14, will arrive to dealers on Tuesday January 15
·Official pricing announcement to the public will be at the Montreal Auto Show, Thursday Jan 17 at 14:00
·Cars will be released early next week

With all the of new features along with enhanced driving dynamics and refinement, the new STI is really so much more car than it’s predecessor. Take for example just some of the improvements over the last model:

* A 12 horsepower increase to 305HP and 290 lb-ft of torque now available lower in the rpm range
* New Multi-mode Driver Controlled Centre Differential (DCCD)
* New Multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) system and Traction Control System (TCS)
* GPS DVD-based navigation system and monitor system with colour touch-screen display
* Front dash integrated DVD entertainment system with 7” tilt adjustable screen and digital sound technologies
* SIRIUS® Satellite Radio (Free 3 month trial)

We think the STI will be a great competitor against other sports cars and a great value: We’ve reduced MSRP by $4000 compared to last year’s model! The MSRP for the 2008 STI will be $44,995.00

Best Regards,

ricoRA
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
As of a week ago the sti was $41k down in Seattle. The black one in the show room was very nice, the hatches are more subtle than the sedans with the big wings and all.

heavyD
01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Woo Hoo! This is great news. I have no interest in owning the STI but it should force the Canadian EVO pricing to be in the ballpark.

Kamen
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Great news. Buying a car in 4 months. STi here I come.

clem24
01-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Yeah but the truth is, you still can, but not as crazy as before. It's just that the manufacturers have closed the pricing gap with reduced MSRPs or cash incentive rebates. You go buy a Porsche or a high end caddy and you can probably still save a ton, but on lower priced cars, the gap has closed significantly.

GTS Jeff
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Yeah but the truth is, you still can, but not as crazy as before. It's just that the manufacturers have closed the pricing gap with reduced MSRPs or cash incentive rebates. You go buy a Porsche or a high end caddy and you can probably still save a ton, but on lower priced cars, the gap has closed significantly. Porsche Canada was the very first company to cut prices on their cars...

But yes, you can save a bit on them...not so sure it's worthwhile anymore though.

Redlyne_mr2
01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
better question: why are there used 06 and 07 sti's selling for $45k?
Are they really selling for the price though? This new pricing will kill the value of used STI's for sure.

ricoRA
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I just came back with a 05 wrx with 4000 miles on it. Picked it up for $24K. I couldn't find a similar car here.

gpomp
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Are they really selling for the price though? This new pricing will kill the value of used STI's for sure. doubt it, but that's what people are asking for them. mostly US cars too...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195351/fs-2007-subaru-impreza-sti/

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/196689/fs-07-subaru-wrx-sti-stock/

clem24
01-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Honestly you'd figure the 07's and prior would command higher prices on the used market strictly on the fact that no one wants an 08. But I suppose a back to back drive would probably convince most people willing to get over the looks (this just judging by reviews).

I mean, that GPS crap and upgraded stereo...?? Who gives a fuck. The tuner crowd it's geared to would probably NOT prefer it since the 07 head units are easier to swap out and customize. If the 08 is designed anything like the 05 Legacy, then it's cost prohibitive to upgrade the stupid thing. :banghead:

GTS Jeff
01-15-2008, 03:06 AM
Honestly you'd figure the 07's and prior would command higher prices on the used market strictly on the fact that no one wants an 08. But I suppose a back to back drive would probably convince most people willing to get over the looks (this just judging by reviews).

I mean, that GPS crap and upgraded stereo...?? Who gives a fuck. The tuner crowd it's geared to would probably NOT prefer it since the 07 head units are easier to swap out and customize. If the 08 is designed anything like the 05 Legacy, then it's cost prohibitive to upgrade the stupid thing. :banghead: The STI nav unit is double DIN. I dunno what sorta extras it has though...the JDM ones have an info readout built in...

GTS Jeff
01-15-2008, 03:10 AM
doubt it, but that's what people are asking for them. mostly US cars too...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195351/fs-2007-subaru-impreza-sti/

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/196689/fs-07-subaru-wrx-sti-stock/ I guess my car is worth at least $45k then... :D

Aleks
01-15-2008, 07:40 AM

I mean, that GPS crap and upgraded stereo...?? Who gives a fuck. The tuner crowd it's geared to would probably NOT prefer it since the 07 head units are easier to swap out and customize. If the 08 is designed anything like the 05 Legacy, then it's cost prohibitive to upgrade the stupid thing. :banghead:

On average how old would you say an average brand new STi buyer is?

Maybe I am getting old but a car that has tons of room (hatch) with 5 doors, and has navigation and all the interior comforts along with 300+hp and that should be fun to drive is a winner :dunno: I wouldn't care that I could not swap out the stereo for a custom unit maybe that's just me though.

heavyD
01-15-2008, 08:41 AM

I'm more about go than show and really most factory systems are fine for me and many others that are more into performance than sound and upgrading speakers is the simplest way to improve sound if the factory system isn't good enough for you.

I may be in the minority but IMO the new WRX's are the best looking ones yet especially the STI but that's because I've lways thought the older models were butt-ugly. New ones are a little on the bland side but at least they aren't ugly.

treg50
01-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
On average how old would you say an average brand new STi buyer is?

Maybe I am getting old but a car that has tons of room (hatch) with 5 doors, and has navigation and all the interior comforts along with 300+hp and that should be fun to drive is a winner :dunno: I wouldn't care that I could not swap out the stereo for a custom unit maybe that's just me though.
I'm thinking the same thing but I wouldn't say you're old but rather maybe more mature, with a need for a litle more cargo room than you previously wanted, with out the peacock on steroids look. That's what the '08 STI is -- a bit more mature and grown up -- compared to previous years.

Canadian 2.5RS
01-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Actually, I would be interested in driving one. I could be a repeat customer... haha

I'll take your 05. You have the perfect STi :love: When I go shopping for an STi, I'm looking for one just like yours.

benyl
01-15-2008, 10:08 AM

What are you talking about? The new one is way better looking. I can't wait to get rid of mine.

Since I have an '05, I should be able to sell it for, what, $40K? hahahahhahahahahahaha

benyl
01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

I'll take your 05. You have the perfect STi :love: When I go shopping for an STi, I'm looking for one just like yours.

You can have it! it will be up for sale soon.

jonostilla
01-15-2008, 10:18 AM
The Evo beat the new STI by over a second and it was the base GSR not even the MR! I can't wait to see how much that will spank the STI!:thumbsup:

benyl
01-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I guess you didn't see this video.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/203743/battle-between-new-and-old-evo-sti/

ApexDrift
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I guess you didn't see this video.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/203743/battle-between-new-and-old-evo-sti/

i showed the video to my jap speaking friend he said that the driver in the evo with the dual clutch tranny (the name escapes me right now) was saying "fast through the corners hey?" kinda mocking it... and DK said the STI is cheap for what you get...

mikestypes
01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

I'm more about go than show and really most factory systems are fine for me and many others that are more into performance than sound and upgrading speakers is the simplest way to improve sound if the factory system isn't good enough for you.

I may be in the minority but IMO the new WRX's are the best looking ones yet especially the STI but that's because I've lways thought the older models were butt-ugly. New ones are a little on the bland side but at least they aren't ugly.

I couldn't agree with you and Aleks any more! This new STi is by far the best one yet IMO. I love my MS3, but more power, (likely) more aftermarket, and AWD is really drawing me to the STi.

Seanith
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm looking to get a new car this year too. This looks very attractive. Hopefully I can afford one :)

Question: Does the STi only come as a hatch though?

bigboom
01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
I'm looking to get a new car this year too. This looks very attractive. Hopefully I can afford one :)

Question: Does the STi only come as a hatch though?

yup it will only come in the hatch form.

GoChris
01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I need a hatch, and I'm too stupid not to buy something more practical so I'll be trying to pick one up in about 6 months from now before my kid is born.

jdmXSI
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
just a little heads up, the STi has arrived and looks great!:D

max_boost
01-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
just a little heads up, the STi has arrived and looks great!:D When the weather clears up, bring one by the restaurant, have lunch and then let me drive it :D

Proboscis
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Drove one today, Found myself playing with the differential settings. Beautiful interior.

googe
02-07-2008, 11:00 PM
looks like a mazda3 :thumbsdow

I still like the 04/05 generation best

GTS Jeff
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
I drove one a couple weeks ago. The ride quality is nice, but the interior really bugged me. Cheap as sin.

The car also didn't have winter tires, so I didn't push it much.

finboy
02-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I drove one a couple weeks ago. The ride quality is nice, but the interior really bugged me. Cheap as sin.

The car also didn't have winter tires, so I didn't push it much.

better or worse then last gen?

GTS Jeff
02-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by finboy

better or worse then last gen? I don't really remember the last gen's interior, but I don't think an interior can get much cheaper. The STI's interior LOOKS nice but all the plastics are hard and clackety. It especially bugs me when I go to close the doors and have to touch door handles made from recycled plastic forks.

The seats are bullshit too. Wide as hell and not sporting at all.

Kavy
02-08-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't really remember the last gen's interior, but I don't think an interior can get much cheaper. The STI's interior LOOKS nice but all the plastics are hard and clackety. It especially bugs me when I go to close the doors and have to touch door handles made from recycled plastic forks.

I agree with the seats being shit my 05 seats are still the best, even my 07 wrx seats feel better (have a 07 2.5i), i think the seats might be more comfortable tho if you weigh about 230 and have a 40"waist.

I do have to say with a better grill kit and a few tweaks the car could be very sexy.

benyl
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM

You can thank fucking fat, french fry eating, couch sitting, tub 'o lard Americans for those seats.

rc2002
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM

You can thank fucking fat, french fry eating, couch sitting, tub 'o lard Americans for those seats.

You can thank them for the ever increasing size of cars these days too.

Even so, this car kicks ass. Who cares about big seats (which isn't necessarily even a bad thing because it's a PITA getting into and out of form-fitting seats) when you have the best looking Subaru to date, and have all kinds of extras - DVD, GPS, more power. And all for $4k less than the old ones were selling for.

Seanith
02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I think I might get the WRX instead... budgetary reasons :D

gpomp
02-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
I think I might get the WRX instead... budgetary reasons :D http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/07/subarus-senior-suggests-sti-junior/

T78Supra1
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Just Got mine on Wednesday.... Traded my 04 Sti. The new ones have Traction control. With the Trac control and the Auto set to Auto(-). My summer tires did pretty good in the snow today.

I found my 04 Interior to be allot cheaper then 08. The Seats are nice but they are really soft.

I found my 08 handles so much better then my 04. But I am still breaking it in so I haven't had a chance to really test it

jdmXSI
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
^^ was your 04' black?

T78Supra1
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Yah Why?

Mr_ET
02-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Junior STi interesting. This is surely to compete with the new Ralliart lancer that will have roughly the same hp numbers.

Anyone have specs of what this "junior sti" will have compared to a wrx? If it's all in the article let me know couldn't read it I'm at work :(

benyl
02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
you can read beyond, but not Autoblog?

they said 265hp.

I am pretty tempted to trade in my STi.

GTS Jeff
02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Even so, this car kicks ass. Who cares about big seats (which isn't necessarily even a bad thing because it's a PITA getting into and out of form-fitting seats) when you have the best looking Subaru to date, and have all kinds of extras - DVD, GPS, more power. And all for $4k less than the old ones were selling for. Hmm if I were a buyer shopping for looks, DVD, GPS, more power, and comfort...I'd probably be looking at a 135i.

When do those hit the dealerships here btw?

benyl
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
March.

GTS Jeff
02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Wow, that's pretty soon. I hope the roads are clear enough for a good test drive by then. :D

Seanith
02-08-2008, 08:12 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/07/subarus-senior-suggests-sti-junior/

Thats pretty sweet. Too bad its not coming anytime in the near future.