PDA

View Full Version : ? for Dog and Cat Owners

Rx7Turbo
01-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Where do you guys all go to get your pets groomed? I have had a hell of a time finding a decent place - most places do a shitty job and or have really bad service etc.

I went to a place today on 54ave SW and I think it's pretty new because I haven't seen it around before. Anyway, the lady working there was super nice, did an awesome and I was only charged $45 :eek: where normally it costs me atleast $60

Needless to say - I will be back

Oh and for those that might be interested the place is called
Divine Pet Spa 454-0913

bignerd
01-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Groom my own. I don't trust other people to handle my dog so closely if I am not there. Doesn't take much to do it yourself. What breed is the dog?

Rx7Turbo
01-13-2008, 03:14 AM
Yeah I don't blame you - actually the lady at the grooming place said that in the last week she has had 2 dogs that have been brought to her to finish the grooms after the owners caught there last groomer beating on them.

I couldn't believe groomers actually did this to the dogs they are grooming. I guess it happens the most at the larger pet stores because of how untrained the groomers are

I have a lab so he isn't much to groom. I've tried to bath and brush him at home but he made a such a mess I think it's the worth the money to take him to a professional. That and I don't have the patience to brush him out

bignerd
01-13-2008, 03:22 AM
That and a lot of people don't have the patience to deal with an animal that does not want to stay still, it does not take much for accidents to happen either. Most dogs are on grooming tables with a noose/leash to hold them-someone turns their back-dogs jumps off table.........

If you are happy with this lady and her services than she should be fine. You could always ask for references. Either that or you could try the grooming companies that come to your house and are mobile(groom from the back of a specialized van), I would expect they would be pricey but you could keep an eye on them if you are worried.

I agree grooming at home is messy however the more often you brush them the less time it takes really overall to tidy them up. In the summer if its hot enough out I wash my dog with a great big rubbermaid bin on our deck outside and let him dry on his own-no mess.

retro-steve
01-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
That and a lot of people don't have the patience to deal with an animal that does not want to stay still, it does not take much for accidents to happen either. Most dogs are on grooming tables with a noose/leash to hold them-someone turns their back-dogs jumps off table.........

If you are happy with this lady and her services than she should be fine. You could always ask for references. Either that or you could try the grooming companies that come to your house and are mobile(groom from the back of a specialized van), I would expect they would be pricey but you could keep an eye on them if you are worried.

I agree grooming at home is messy however the more often you brush them the less time it takes really overall to tidy them up. In the summer if its hot enough out I wash my dog with a great big rubbermaid bin on our deck outside and let him dry on his own-no mess.

Where I come from we call those "pedophiles"