PDA

View Full Version : Painkillers (Tylenol) After Drinking

natejj
01-13-2008, 11:34 AM
So recently, after a good night of partying, or drinking, I pop 2 extra strength Tylenol, hit the sack, and wake up feeling like a million bucks.... I tell my friend this, and she freaks out, saying I'm destroying my liver... anyways, I did some research online and apparently this is bad for you! Very bad.

Anyways, what do you guys recommend for a time limit with regards to painkillers after booze? I read minimum 8 hours to get the alcohol out of your system?

badatusrnames
01-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I think all depends on how much you drank... the golden rule is an hour per drink processing time.

spikerS
01-13-2008, 11:47 AM
my own personal rule, i will not take tylenol within 24 hours of drinking. the booze and tylenol when combined can bloat your liver.

next time, take motrin or advil, and you will be fine.

calgarys_finest
01-13-2008, 11:50 AM
i say get a freezer and get a exrta liver and go wild.

natejj
01-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by calgarys_finest
i say get a freezer and get a exrta liver and go wild.

As much as I would love a quick trip to Mexico, I think I'll take the hangover :)

sabad66
01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
So you guys think advil would be okay? On a related note does anyone know what happened to that hangover pill?

LongCity
01-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I didn't know Tylenol extra strength was a painkiller?! I thought the Tylenol 3 was.

KRyn
01-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Replace your Tylenol popping with Gatorade chugging. When I know I am going out and getting destroyed I will either buy or mix a huge glass of Gatorade and leave it beside my bed. Works like a charm give it a try.

Graham_A_M
01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Try this "Alkasetzer morning relief" (Sorry for the spelling on "Alkasetzer" I dont use it since I dont get hangovers....:dunno:
but apparently it works amazingly well.
Good to know about the Tylenol being bad for you though, thanks :thumbsup:

De Dutch
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Nah Nah Nah gentlemen, I have the ultimate hangover cure. BEFORE you booze, pop a couple Vitamin B pills, maybe the one hundo size. You will piss neon green the next day, but you feel much much less like a bag of donkey shat.

googe
01-13-2008, 04:07 PM
tylenol is acetaminophen, which is hard on your liver. a single recommended dose wont hurt you, but alcohol is also hard on your liver. so its like a two hit combo.

aspirin or ibuprofen will help the headache but dont hurt the liver.

some of that, water, gatorade, multivitamin, are part of your complete hangover breakfast :thumbsup:

depends a lot on what you drink the night before though. you can generally abuse white rum or vodka pretty bad and not feel it in the morning :thumbsup:

legendboy
01-13-2008, 04:11 PM
ibuprofen is good for hangovers, but depending on how sick to your stomach you are it can make it worse.

ibuprofen = hard on your stomach

Darkane
01-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Why don't you guys take it like Men? What did they do in the old days? Man we've lost touch..

JRSC00LUDE
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
^
No kidding what a bucket of pussies. When I wake up with a hangover I have another beer or a double rye coke with my bacon and eggs and it's gone.

n1zm0
01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
either man up or drink lots of water before you sleep even if you have to piss like no tomorrow at 4 in the morning. taking tylenol with a stomach full of beer is insane!:nut:

adam c
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM
i always drink water when im drinking.. never get a hangover

i drink with my friends, usually out drink them and they are hungover but im not, yea i have to piss a lot more but ill take that over a hangover anyday

natejj
01-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by adam c
i always drink water when im drinking.. never get a hangover

i drink with my friends, usually out drink them and they are hungover but im not, yea i have to piss a lot more but ill take that over a hangover anyday

Well, after waking up at 8 am... I didnt lose the "floaty" feeling till like 5 pm... so I'm never mixing Tylenol and Alcohol again...

I checked the Tylenol bottle... it didnt mention anything about avoiding it if under the influence of alcohol, just said if you are a chronic alcoholic, get a doctors advice first.

:dunno:

95EG6P
01-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Take vitamin B before and after. Drink water and you should be fine.

Flex

GQBalla
01-19-2008, 02:13 PM
what i do is just drink water nearing the end of the night - or if you can't do that when i get home i pound down at least 1 liter of water - pass out -

wake up no hang over.

if im hung over ie i didn;t drink much water the night before i go eat a big bowl of pho.

instantly feel good HAHAHAh

l/l/rX
01-19-2008, 02:23 PM
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v166/126/80/130600316/n130600316_30240994_110.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v166/126/80/130600316/n130600316_30240995_4371.jpg

my friend brought these back for me from london. i havent had the chance to try it out yet though.

gotta use the coffee soon, its like best before february sometime.

and yes taking tylenol while drunk is really bad for your liver. that goes for a lot of medication. ie) accutane (for the ppl with acne)

cdnsir
01-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
Replace your Tylenol popping with Gatorade chugging. When I know I am going out and getting destroyed I will either buy or mix a huge glass of Gatorade and leave it beside my bed. Works like a charm give it a try.

Yup Gatorade is a good choice. Or if you're on a budget or just don't have any fcking Gatorade at home... Take a teaspoon of salt, then chug 1 or 2 glasses of water, that would work too!

Why you ask? Well, both will replenish all the ions and water you pissed out the nite before. Either way, you'll feel way better in the morning! :thumbsup:

ringmaster
01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by KRyn

What you need to do is hit 7-11 before you party and get the 2 for 1 Gatorade combo. When your about to sack out, chug one of the Gatorades with 2 or 3 Advil. Advil belongs to a class of drugs called non-selective NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti Inflamatory) which means that It will decrease or lessen the swelling of your brain, not that it really swells but the dehydration from the alcohol will make it sensitive to movement in your head (hangover). When you get up in the morning for your booze poop chug the other gatorade and more Advil as needed. Then try and sack for another hour or two, you will wake up feeling great!

Doozer
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by googe
tylenol is acetaminophen, which is hard on your liver. a single recommended dose wont hurt you, but alcohol is also hard on your liver. so its like a two hit combo.

aspirin or ibuprofen will help the headache but dont hurt the liver.

some of that, water, gatorade, multivitamin, are part of your complete hangover breakfast :thumbsup:

X2

I just asked my wife about it, who's a pharmacist. She says first thing, if you're going to do it, only take 1 pill. Secondly, the liver issue is correct - because your liver has to process both the alochol and the tylenol, you're hitting it twice.

She says if you're a normal, healthy adult, it's not something to worry about if you do it once in a blue moon. But if you do it regularly, you'll pay for it down the road with your liver.

Canmorite
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I always drinks tons of water before going to bed. Flushes out my system I find.