PDA

View Full Version : New CBR600RR "Graffiti" bike.

Concept1
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
I honestly don't know if this is the right section for this, but I figured it was the closest.. So what all do you guys think about the new bikes?

I love it.. so much that I'm in the process of buying one but alot of my friends have mixed feelings about them, so I figured why not ask around, what do you think?

http://www.cbrforum.com/upfiles/22458/079C9A47F15F42AEA6B8F08D76EAF2DE.jpg
http://www.cbrforum.com/upfiles/22458/37A69033B9FB4B1EA8EFB0BC22597820.jpg

Kobe
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Nothing special, I hate the look of the new CBR, and the graffiti is just like the special addition tribal version

BrknFngrs
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM
The pictures do not do this bike justice. When I saw it at the show it was amazing.

Graham_A_M
01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
It looks cool. Its an awesome bike performance wise, very ridable both on the track and the street. Although the new R6 is quite the bike.

I'd do a lot more research before buying one... but yeah if I didn't have my 675, I'd be sporting either one of these or a new 08 R6 (or R1:love: )

I think this looks pretty damn cool... as its a nice new touch to the usual graphics all jap bikes come with these days:dunno:

Concept1
01-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Ya, I couldn't find the pics I found earlier that make it look a little better...

My understanding is that the 08's are the same performance-wise as the 07's... but ohh well.. I wanted a bike for a little while, and when I saw this at the show it was the breaking point...

Now I just gotto get approved for the loan... and get some gear+ no-cut framesliders :P

My only major problem with this bike is all the fender-eliminator kits (for the 07 body) are gawdy as hell...

The new Ducati's IMO are the nicest looking new bikes... do bad they are over-priced and under-powered compared to the other's like suzuki.. from my understanding.

I honestly can't stand the rear-signal lights on the new gixxers, my friend's buying a busa this year... and damn those things have ugly rear-ends.

Alot of people seem to love or hate the graphics, but like buddy said.. it's something a little different then what everybody else has been doing for the last 20 years... I really like it :D

dr_jared88
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
i love the look

3g4u
01-16-2008, 05:22 PM
I think it looks trashy.

irs
01-16-2008, 05:25 PM
get look!
I would do it!
:bigpimp:

5hift
01-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Concept1

Now I just gotto get approved for the loan... and get some gear+ no-cut framesliders :P

First bike, need a loan just to buy one and your looking at a bike that is only more expensive because of the graffics? It wont make a difference as guarenteed it will have road rash on the plastics within a year.

No-cut framesliders are pretty much useless, unless you go with those oversized cage type setups. If you want ones that will actually protect the bike, you need to cut the plastic on RR's.

n1zm0
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
i thought it looked nice, if you ever dumped it you could just goto Crappy Tire and get a can of flat black/grey and cover up your mistake(s) :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
01-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

First bike, need a loan just to buy one and your looking at a bike that is only more expensive because of the graffics? It wont make a difference as guarenteed it will have road rash on the plastics within a year.

No-cut framesliders are pretty much useless, unless you go with those oversized cage type setups. If you want ones that will actually protect the bike, you need to cut the plastic on RR's.

Its rather ignorant to say that everybody crashes their first bike....

the only guy I know that crashed his first bike was because the throttle stuck wide open while going around a turn. :dunno:
..... and that was on some POS 1990 GS500 thats already been crashed a few times, and never should have been on the road in the first place.

but yeah I'd agree that these stupid extended sliders on an "arm" are useless in all reality... as that arm bends almost every time.
The ones that bolt right INTO the frame or engine are by far the best.
Some fantastic sliders you can get are by http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12746
^ these guys. The fit and finish is amazing, and if you do lay down your bike, you can just remove the actual slider from the side, and not try to dig through whats left of the melted plastic thats now covering the hole:(

-Cheers. Good luck on the loan.

:thumbsup:

Concept1
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

100$ is hardly "more expensive".
And I'll look into cut sliders, I thought the no-cuts looked kinda tiny.

Concept1
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Its rather ignorant to say that everybody crashes their first bike....

the only guy I know that crashed his first bike was because the throttle stuck wide open while going around a turn. :dunno:
..... and that was on some POS 1990 GS500 thats already been crashed a few times, and never should have been on the road in the first place.

but yeah I'd agree that these stupid extended sliders on an "arm" are useless in all reality... as that arm bends almost every time.
The ones that bolt right INTO the frame or engine are by far the best.
Some fantastic sliders you can get are by http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12746
^ these guys. The fit and finish is amazing, and if you do lay down your bike, you can just remove the actual slider from the side, and not try to dig through whats left of the melted plastic thats now covering the hole:(

-Cheers. Good luck on the loan.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll definatly check those out. I'm heading to the bank today, I don't see me having much difficulty getting the loan.. I've got a pretty much brand new truck paid for and I make a decent amount of money, I just find it easier to pay back bills then save money :/

Anyways we'll see when I get back.

Kona9
01-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Buy a bike YOU want, not what your friends think is cool!!

Good luck on your purchase though!

euro tang
01-18-2008, 03:24 PM
I don’t care much about the graphics but the new 600rr is amazing. It feels noticeably lighter and a lot more comfortable than the older models. Shit man, if you can afford it cop one.

My first bike was a 600RR and I never dropped or crashed it. Just take a course before you get your license and don’t be stupid and try to ride out of your ability.

acura_el
01-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I love the Apache look of the paint. If I had one I'd probably lose the graffiti.

It looks a lot nicer in person...I just can't get over the paint :drool:

/////AMG
01-18-2008, 03:33 PM
That looks good!

Concept1
01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
Buy a bike YOU want, not what your friends think is cool!!

Good luck on your purchase though!
Ohh I definatly love it... but people thinking it's cool is just a bonus :P

went to the bank today and she said she'd phone me back... I have like 43,000$ roughly in assets and I'm already pre-approved to have my visa limit upped to 9,500$... why the fuck is it so hard to get a 10k loan :/

Originally posted by euro tang
I don’t care much about the graphics but the new 600rr is amazing. It feels noticeably lighter and a lot more comfortable than the older models. Shit man, if you can afford it cop one.

My first bike was a 600RR and I never dropped or crashed it. Just take a course before you get your license and don’t be stupid and try to ride out of your ability.

Yea.. if I do get approved I'll definatly be babying this thing for a while :/ Dropping it is not on the to-do list :(

boosted_88_crx
01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
i have a 07 600rr and love it..love the graffiti bike dont like the wrench on it tho..and for FE kit.i put on a 06 Intergrated taillight on mine.looks 1000 times better

Renagades
06-06-2008, 03:38 PM
awsome look :thumbsup:

jmeriel
06-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Concept1
Ya, I couldn't find the pics I found earlier that make it look a little better...

My understanding is that the 08's are the same performance-wise as the 07's... but ohh well.. I wanted a bike for a little while, and when I saw this at the show it was the breaking point...

My only major problem with this bike is all the fender-eliminator kits (for the 07 body) are gawdy as hell...

The new Ducati's IMO are the nicest looking new bikes... do bad they are over-priced and under-powered compared to the other's like suzuki.. from my understanding.

I honestly can't stand the rear-signal lights on the new gixxers, my friend's buying a busa this year... and damn those things have ugly rear-ends.

Alot of people seem to love or hate the graphics, but like buddy said.. it's something a little different then what everybody else has been doing for the last 20 years... I really like it :D

theres a nice integrated fender elim out on ebay...
this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-HONDA-CBR-600RR-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-07-08-CBR600RR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35584QQihZ008QQitemZ180251207542QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

saw one here at beyond for sale too...for like 70 by a someone who lowered their bike...

GQBalla
06-08-2008, 07:22 PM
the graffiti is so hot.

if you like it go for it.

dont listen to other people.

the no cut sliders do the job. just go on 600rr.net and search many people have posted pics of their no cut sliders after being properly "tested" ( they fell or slid)

jmeriel
06-08-2008, 07:24 PM
this...
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/221773/fs-2007-08-honda-cbr600rr-fender-eliminator/

Jlude
06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
i remember seeing this bike on the honda website... couldn't get a good look at the graphics, but from your pictures the paint jobs looks awesome. I've always loved CBRs...

Congrats! Be safe.

vtec4life
06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
bad ass bike man....subtle differences that set something apart from the rest = :thumbsup:

Renagades
06-16-2008, 10:06 PM
thumbs up:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
lookin good

zachattack54
06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
I love it!