Year : 1998
Make and Model : Ford Mustang
Exterior Color : Green
Interior Color : Grey/black
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 237,xxxKM
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description : Good:
-always starts in winter, has some hesitation below -25, but has never failed once
-engine runs strong, does not leak or burn fluids
-oil always changed at about 5,000kms, only replaced with good oils (usually Castrol high milage 5w30)
-all power options work great
-A/C is ice cold
-alternator replaced in summer
-rear brakes rebuilt in summer
-front pads and rotors replaced in summer
-suspenison still in great shape
-car has never left me stranded and is fun to drive
-front tires 85% tread left
-comes with winter slalom tires on steel rims as well

Bad:
-transmission has been giving me some issues for the past year, sometimes it sticks going into gear from a stop, usually fixed by pumping clutch, no transmission damage, has not gotten worse in the year and i was just going to live with it until it broke, still shows no sign of failing.

-passenger rocker panel is cracked, either need plastic bonding agent or buy a new rocker panel

-steering wheel is worn on left side and would look a lot better recovered

-minor rust in rear wheel wells (surface rust, just started while i was in vancouver a couple months ago, only 2-3" long and 1" high on either side)

-a lifter is loose on the driver's side, it is ticking, not a concern, but does make noise and may eventually loosen more. the passenger side had the same problem and i tightened them down, fixed everything right up, haven't got to the driver's side because to take the valve cover off requires taking the upper intake off and i just didn't have 3 hours to spare to fix it between working 17 hour days and then constantly being back and forth from calgary to vancouver.

-heater fan switch could be replaced, works in low and high position, but does not register inbetween, again haven't found this to be a problem for me so i haven't replaced it, happened in september.

-rear tires should probably be replaced soon

I have all service records from day 1 on this car and I am the second owner. It is a great car and the only real issue on it would be the transmission, but I don't see it failing any time soon as it has not gotten worse in the last year. I will keep the car if I don't get my asking price, I'll be listing in auto trader later on as well as a few other websites.

I'm just going to throw two pictures on here, actual interested parties with money can talk to me for more pictures and more detailed info if they have any further questions.

I have tried to be 100% honest on here and will do so throughout any transaction.
Extras :Options: factory pony package (17" wheels, white accents, spoiler), A/C, power windows, power locks, power driver's seat, and remote entry (Ford factory with factory anti-theft).

Mods:
-cold air intake
-B&M short throw shifter
-Adjustable clutch cable
-LUC stage 1 clutch (put in a year and a half ago)
-Magnaflow 3.5" full dual exhaust
-aftermarket lifters (aluminium)
-Aluminium driveshaft
-MSD ignition
-Optima redtop battery

Accessories:
-JVC KD-LHX500 headunit
-pioneer 6x9's all around
-2x kicker comp 10" subs in a sealed box
-Rockford P3002 amp

Asking Price : $5,000OBO

Contact Information
PM to contact if interested.

Pictures :

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2193000-2193999/2193190_1_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2193000-2193999/2193190_3_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2193000-2193999/2193190_4_full.jpg

*edit* if pics aren't working let me know and I'll e-mail them to interested people.

Archea
01-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Bump for an awesome seller:)

retro-steve
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
*bump for now*

retro-steve
01-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Will not part anything unless buyer of the car doesn't want something on it.

Also I'm suspending test drives until the roads clear off, I don't want someone crashing during a test drive because of inexperience or other drivers, so I'll post when I'll be allowing test drives again.

retro-steve
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Roads will be clearing up this week so I'll start allowing test drives again.

Price is now OBO

retro-steve
02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
*bump*

Also willing to trade for a bike, main bike I'm looking at is '03+ R6, but if you've got something else interesting feel free to PM it to me.

retro-steve
02-16-2008, 06:45 PM
*Bump*

Just bought another car, would definately like this one sold so I can get the new one on the road.

riander
02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
What ever happened to making this v6 faster than a v8/??
hahaha :dunno:

retro-steve
02-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by riander
What ever happened to making this v6 faster than a v8/??
hahaha :dunno:

Beat a GT within the first year of owning it, now have the next project car, need to sell this one.

retro-steve
02-19-2008, 09:09 PM
$4,500obo