PDA

View Full Version : S'up?

Ajay
07-25-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm new to the bike thing...actually I'm doing my bike course starting today and going all weekend. Just thought I'de drop a line and introduce myself.

Friend of mine that just did the same course as me and got his license told me as soon as I'm done and when I get my license I'll be wanting to get myself a bike right away. I'm sure this is true but I can't afford one right now!

bikrbabe
07-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Hey Ajay!

Thought i'd say hi back, and welcome to biking! What course are you taking?

Good luck on your course eh?:burnout:

Ajay
07-25-2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks!

I'm taking the bike course that Calgary Safety Council offers. I'm PUMPED! Can't wait for this thing to start, I've wanted a bike forever but never had the time to do a course or get my license so finally I'll be able to do all that!

RiCE-DaDDy
07-25-2003, 01:32 PM
course is fun and be sure to go on the road ride, that is, if you are good enough :D

YCB
07-25-2003, 03:22 PM
calgary safety council is good... crappy bikes though. no power.. haha.. Don is halarious.. :thumbsup:

sml
07-25-2003, 04:00 PM
:thumbsup: for CSC!

Ajay
07-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Got my license...didn't get to go on the road ride but I passed CSC test and obviously passed my Class 6 license test if I got my license.

I'm pretty proud of myself considering before Friday I had never rode a motor cycle before and by Sunday I was doing all sorts of things!

Hopefully I'll get a bike soon

RiCE-DaDDy
07-27-2003, 09:33 PM
didn't get to go on? usually means u still got certain skills to work on, but that's ok, everyone is different :)

dogstar
07-28-2003, 02:26 AM
congrats :)

just a word of caution, fully expect to PRACTICE your ass off for a long time until any seasoned rider will consider you "good" or "safe"

not to be rude, but its a close community, at least in edmonton

my advice is to find an experienced rider and stick to them like glue, its the only way to learn somethings :)

enjoy the ride

Ajay
07-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Good advice....I want to get a bike soon but I can't really afford it right now. Hopefully by next summer I'll be able to get myself into a bike.

I agree with sticking with experienced riders though, alot of my friends have been riding for awhile which is part of the reason I decided to get my Class 6 cause I saw how much fun they were having and I would have a blast just riding on the back of one of their bikes.

Hopefully I can get a bike soon and that way I can actually gain some experience on the road!