PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Sleep Pads

WiltonKillz
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Magnetic sleep pads?
Do you think it works? your thoughts about it?
I know nikken has thier version, but have been known for
basically ripping of senoirs in the states by selling less powerful pads
to them.

http://www.magneticosleep.com/

badatusrnames
01-15-2008, 04:48 PM
It's all pseudo-science and placebo effect. I think the makers of that magnetic bracelet junk got fined by the FTC for making baseless claims that their product is a cure all.

This is Snake Oil sales for the 21st century. They just throw out a whole bunch of big, scientific sounding words and talk about "research" to make a gullible public part with their cash. They might even throw in claims from a "Dr." with a PhD from some diploma mill, or in a discipline unrelated to medical science to lend an air of credibility.

Just selling these to seniors, or anyone for that matter is ripping them off.

Did anyone see the 60 Minute documentary where they created a fake skin care "pill" that was in reality Nesle Quik in some capsules, and paid off a Dermatologist and some actors to testify to the efficacy of their fake product?

Cue the "I know so and so friend of my aunt that swears it worked for them for real is saw it" comments.

ercchry
01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
my mom had one for a bit since she gets really bad head aches and will try anything once and i tried it out and it just made me sweat a bunch at night